护国公大人
My Lord Protector.
护国公大人 不管谁去接王子
My Lord Protector, whoever journeys to the prince
我们俩千万不能被落在家里
For God’s sake, let not us two stay at home
得把利佛斯伯爵和王子隔开
And let us part Earl Rivers from the prince.
所见略同
My other self!
我全心思念着这位威尔士亲王
I long with all my heart to see the Prince of Wales.
希望自从上次见面 他长大很多了
I hope he is much grown since last I saw him.
听人说 我理查叔叔长得可快
They say my uncle Richard grew so fast.
出生两小时就能啃面包壳了
That he could gnaw a crust at two hours old!
你就多嘴吧 小子
Oh, go to, you parlous boy!
你也太刻薄了
You are too shrewd.
伊丽莎白 别生你儿子的气
Elizabeth, be not angry with your son.
水罐都有耳朵 何况小孩呢
Pitchers have ears.
斯丹莱勋爵
Lord Stanley.
里士满
Richmond.
有什么消息?
What news?
消息太惨 我不忍♥直言
Such news that grieves me to report.
到底什么消息?
What is your news?
您弟弟利佛斯被杀害了
Your brother Rivers is murdered.
被谁?
By whom?
里士满?
Richmond?
被理查
Richard.
还有白金汉
and Buckingham.
眼见我全家就这么毁了
I see the ruin of my family.
欢迎 亲爱的侄儿
Welcome, dear nephew.
欢迎来到你的国都
Welcome to your capital.
我以为会多来几位叔伯呢
I want more uncles here to welcome me.
你想见的那些叔伯都居心险恶
Those uncles who you want are dangerous.
殿下你光听他们甜言蜜语
Your highness attended to their sugared words.
看不到他们心有多毒
And looked not on the poison of their hearts.
愿上帝保佑你 远离这种伪君子
God keep you from them and from such false friends.
上帝保佑我远离伪君子? 可他们不是啊
God keep me from false friends? But they were none.
我国首相 海司丁斯勋爵来迎接您了
The Prime Minister, Lord Hastings, comes to greet you.
理查叔叔
Uncle Richard!
凯茨比
Catesby.
是不是可以顺势请海司丁斯大人来共襄盛举
is it not an easy matter to make Lord Hastings of our mind.
扶助这位高贵的公爵
For the instalment of this noble duke.
登上这著名岛国的宝座?
in the seat royal of our famous land?
他因为先王的缘故很爱王子
He for the late king’s sake so loves the prince.
怕是不会对王子不利
That he will not do anything against him.
那你觉得斯丹莱勋爵和大主教如何?
What think you, then, of Lord Stanley and the Archbishop?
他们也会和海司丁斯一致行动
They will do all in all as Hastings does.
明天一早就请他们来商定加冕礼的事
Call them tomorrow early to determine of the coronation.
时日尚早 先探探海司丁斯的口风
And as it were far off, sound out Lord Hastings
把他的想法通知我们
and give us notice of his inclination.
向海司丁斯举荐我
Commend me to Hastings
凯茨比 告诉他 利佛斯已经引颈就戮了
Tell him, Catesby, that Rivers is let blood.
叔父
Uncle!
什么事 我的小殿下?
What would you have, my little lord?
因为我个子小 像猴儿一样
Because that I am little, like an ape
我觉得你该把我扛在肩头上
I think that you should bear me on your shoulders!
理查叔父 斯丹莱
Uncle Richard. Stanley.
我们在哪里等加冕礼呢?
Where shall we stay until our coronation?
以我之见 这一两天
If I may counsel you, some day or two
为了你的身心愉快起见
For your best health and recreation
殿下不如在伦敦塔暂作休息
Your highness shall repose you at the Tower.
在伦敦塔我可睡不着
I shall not sleep in quiet at the Tower!
怎么 你害怕什么?
Why? What should you fear?
我叔父克莱伦斯的怨魂
My uncle Clarence’s angry ghost.
祖母说他就是在那里被杀害的
My grandma told me he was murdered there.
我可不怕死了的叔伯
I fear no uncles dead.
但愿也不怕活着的
Nor none who live, I hope!
俗话说 少年聪慧 断难长命
So wise so young, they say, do never live long.
让他们休息去吧
Well, let them rest.
护国公大人 要是我们发现
My Lord Protector, what shall we do if we perceive
海司丁斯不肯配合我们呢?
Hastings will not yield to our plans?
砍掉他的头
Chop off his head.
一不做 二不休
Something we shall determine.
等我当了国王
And look when I am king
找我要海瑞福德伯爵爵位
claim you of me the earldom of Hereford.
和我王兄遗下的全部动产
and all the movables whereof the king my brother was possessed.
我一定会来向殿下请赏的
I’if claim that promise of your royal hand.
我一定诚心封赏
And look to have it yielded with all kindness.
走吧 该用晚餐了
Come, let’s to supper.
然后呢?
And then?
(理查的纹章上有白色野猪)
我叔叔今晚梦见野猪亮出了獠牙
My uncle dreamt tonight that the boar had shown his tusks.
因此派我来问
Therefore he sends to know
您是否会防范他深虑的危险
if you will shun the danger that his soul does fear.
去回报斯丹莱大人
Return to Lord Stanley.
跟他说 不必这么杞人忧天
Tell him his fears are shallow, wanting substance.
至于他的梦 真没想到他会这么迂拙
As for his dreams, I wonder he is so foolish.
早安 凯茨比
Morning, Catesby.
告诉你叔叔 我们会议上见
Tell your uncle I shall see him at the meeting
他会看见那野猪对我们很客气呢
Where he shall see the boar will use us kindly.
凯茨比 我们动荡的国家有什么新闻吗?
Catesby, what news in this our tottering state?
世道确实颠倒啊 大人
lt is a reeling world indeed, sir
而且依我看 一时还别想拨正
And I believe will never stand upright.
除非理查戴上国家的花冠
Till Richard wear the garland of the state.
怎么个戴上花冠? 你是说王冠?
How “wear the garland”? Do you mean the Crown?
是 大人
Yes, my lord.
我宁可被人砍掉头
I’if have this crown of mine cut from my shoulders.
也不愿王冠被这种头颅糟蹋
Before I see the Crown so foul misplaced!
海司丁斯
Hastings.
你的猎矛呢 斯丹莱勋爵?
Where’s your boar spear, Lord Stanley?
不出半个月
Hastings, before a fortnight makes me older,
我还要解决几个毫无防备的家伙呢
I’if send some packing that yet think not on it.
让毫无防备的人丧命 这可有失厚道
It is a vile thing to die when men are unprepared and look not for it.
大主教 您起得真早
Archbishop! You’re early stirring.
幸会幸会 首相先生
I am glad to see you, Prime Minister.
在跟牧师说话 海司丁斯?
Talking with a priest, Hastings?
你的朋友利佛斯正需要牧师呢
Your friend Rivers he needed the priest!
几点了?
What is’t o’clock?
刚敲两点整
On the stroke of two.
诸位 我们这次会议的目的
Now, gentlemen, the cause why we are met.
是敲定加冕礼的事
ls to determine of the coronation.
请发言吧 哪一天是吉日?
Well, speak. When is the royal day?
加冕圣典都准备好了吗?
Are all things ready. for the royal time?
都好了
They are.
谁知道护国公的意见?
Who knows the Lord Protector’s mind in this?
我们以为您
Your lordship, we think
最可能知道他的心思
should soonest know his mind.
我们是知面不知心
We know each other’s faces.
要说意见 他了解我不比我了解你更多
For our hearts, he knows no more of mine than I of yours.
我了解他 也不比你了解我更多
Or I of his, my lord, than you of mine.
海司丁斯 你和他最亲密
Hastings, you and he are near in love.
我还没探他的口风
I have not sounded him
可你们 诸位大人 不妨提出日期
But you, my noble lords, may name the time.
我会替公爵发言
And on the duke’s behalf I’if give my voice.
各位早安
Good day to you all.
我睡过头了
l’ve been long a sleeper.
如果你没能及时赶到 大人
Had you not come upon your cue, my lord
威廉·海司丁斯大人宣布会替您发言了
William, Lord Hastings, had pronounced your part.
没人比海司丁斯大人更大胆了
Than my Lord Hastings no man might be bolder.
他和我相知很深 感情很厚
He knows me well and loves me well.
我请教大家
I pray you all
该怎么处置某些密谋害死我
tell me what they deserve who do conspire my death
并已在我身上
and have prevailed upon my body
施展了邪恶巫术的人
with their damned witchcraft.
依我看 大人 这种人该处死
I say, my lord, they have deserved death.
那就请亲眼见证他们的恶行吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!