Ma, how about doing everybody a favour? How about shutting up!
冷静点
Settle down, now.
也许我可以调查一下 推荐个人 你意下如何
Maybe I can look into it, recommend someone. What do you say?
弗兰克 你做什么的
So, what do you do, Frank?
其实我是在诺克斯商业机械公♥司♥上班
I work at Knox Business Machines, actually.
设计机械吗
You design the machines?
-不是 -制♥造♥ 销♥售♥ 还是修理?
-Nope. -Make them, sell them, repair them?
-那么多问题 -算是销♥售♥人员吧
-All these questions. -I help sell them, I guess.
我在办公室做事 其实 那是…
I work in the office. Actually, it’s…
有点无趣的工作 真的
Well, it’s sort of a stupid job, really.
对它根本一点兴趣都没有
There’s nothing interesting about it at all.
那为什么还要做呢
What do you do it for then?
也许弗兰克不喜欢被质问
Maybe Frank doesn’t like being questioned.
好 好…我知道那不关我的事
Okay, okay, okay. I know it’s none of my business.
而且 我知道答案
And besides, I know the answer.
你要养家糊口 所以必须工作
You want to play house, you got to have a job.
你想要住很漂亮的房♥子 很温馨的房♥子
You want to play very nice house, very sweet house,
然后你就得接受一份你不喜欢的工作
Then you’ve got to have a job you don’t like.
无论谁过来说”你为什么工作”
Anyone comes along and says, “what do you do it for?”
他就可能是从州立疯人院请了4小时假出来的
He’s probably on a four-hour pass from the state funny farm.
-都赞同吗 妈? -抱歉 弗兰克
-All agreed? Ma? -Sorry, Frank.
没事 约翰 说实在的 你刚说的我都赞同
Don’t be. Don’t be. Actually, John, I agree with everything you just said.
我们都赞同 所以秋天我要离职了 我们要走了
We both do. That’s why I’m quitting the job in the fall. We’re taking off.
移居巴黎
We’re moving to Paris.
老妈 你知道这事吗
Did you know about this, Ma?
你什么感觉 年轻友善的惠勒一家…
How do you feel about that, Ma? The nice young Wheelers…
年轻友善的惠勒一家要走了
The nice young Wheelers are taking off.
-约翰 求你了 -别激动 孩子
-John, please. -Steady down, son.
约翰 出去呼吸下新鲜空气怎么样
John. John. How about some fresh air? What do you say?
如果你同意的话?
If that’s all right with you?
我不知道这样行不行…
I don’t know if it’s such a good idea…
如果约翰想去的话 我觉得没什么大碍
If John wants to, I don’t see the harm.
-好 -你先请
-Good. -After you.
-听说你是位数学家 -你听错了 一切都已成过去时
-I hear you’re a mathematician. -You hear wrong. It’s all gone now.
过去时?
All gone?
你知道电击疗法吗
You know what electrical shock treatments are?
知道 知道
Yes. Yes, I do.
我已经做过37次了
I’ve had 37.
本该击掉情感问题
Supposed to jolt out the emotional problems.
-却只击掉了数学 -真糟糕
-Just jolted out the mathematics. -How awful.
“真糟糕”? 为什么 因为数学很有意思吗
“How awful”? Why, because mathematics is so interesting?
不是 因为电击肯定很糟糕
No. Because the shocks must be awful and,
糟糕是因为它并没达到你想要的结果
Because it’s awful not to be able to do what it is that you want to do.
我想数学肯定很枯燥乏味
I think mathematics must be dull.
我喜欢你太太 弗兰克
I like your girl, Frank.
我也是
Me, too.
那像你们这样的夫妇还有什么可逃避的呢
So, what do a couple of people like you have to run away from?
-我们不是在逃避 -那为什么要去巴黎
-We’re not running. -So what’s in Paris?
-不同的生活方式 -也许我们是在逃避
-A different way of life. -Maybe we are running.
我们在逃避这儿绝望空虚的生活 对吧
We’re running from the hopeless emptiness of the whole life here, right?
绝望空虚?
The hopeless emptiness?
你说到点上了 很多人都活在空虚里
Now you’ve said it. Plenty of people are on to the emptiness,
但直面绝望真的很需要勇气
But it takes real guts to see the hopelessness.
他好像是第一个能真正了解
You know, he’s the first person
我们在谈论什么的人
Who seemed to know what we were talking about.
是真的 不是吗 也许我们跟他同类
Yeah. That’s true, isn’t it? Maybe we are just as crazy as he is.
如果疯狂跟生活息息相关的话
If being crazy means living life as if it matters,
那么我不在乎我们是否完全疯了
Then I don’t care if we are completely insane.
你在乎吗
Do you?
不在乎
No.
我好爱你
I love you so much.
告诉你一些事 弗兰克 那个特德·邦迪 友善的家伙
Tell you something, Frank. That Ted Bandy, nice guy.
讨喜的家伙
Real sport.
足以胜任部门经理一职
Good enough department head and all.
但对于这些年他把你的才华隐没
But I’m a little sore at him for the way he’s kept you
我真是感到痛心疾首啊
Under a bushel all these years.
-这地方还好吧 -很好 先生 很好
-This place okay for you? -It’s just fine, sir. Just fine.
有一件事让我很感兴趣 弗兰克 就这一件事而已
One thing interests me, Frank, and one thing only.
卖♥♥电脑给美国商人
Selling the electronic computer to the American businessman.
那是我组建一个团队的原因 聚集像你这样的人才
That’s why I’m assembling a team. Men like you.
不再是以前普通的售货员了
Not your average salesmen.
这意味着有更丰厚的薪水
It’ll mean more money,
而且 说实话 也许需要付出更多的时间
And, I got to be honest, maybe more of a time commitment.
但你会成为那些
But you’ll be a part
激动人心的事业的一员 惠勒
Of something exciting, Wheeler.
电脑
Computers.
先生 这听起来挺有趣
Well, sir, it sounds exciting.
-叫我巴特 -巴特
-Bart. -Bart.
巴特 问你一个问题
Bart, let me ask you a question.
你有没有想到一位叫厄尔·惠勒的人 扬克斯市的
Do you happen to remember an Earl Wheeler? Out of Yonkers?
-恐怕没有 是你亲戚? -我爸爸
-Can’t say that I do. Relation of yours? -My father.
他在诺克斯做了差不多20年的销♥售♥
He worked as a salesman for Knox for almost 20 years.
厄尔·惠勒
Earl Wheeler.
你也理由会记住他
There’s no reason you’d remember him.
我敢肯定他是个好人
Well, I’m sure he was a good man.
听着巴特 有件事我早该和你说
Listen, Bart, there’s something I should have mentioned earlier.
我打算在秋季离开公♥司♥
I’m going to be leaving the firm in the fall.
-跳槽吗 -不 不 不是跳槽
-Another outfit? -No, no, it’s not another outfit.
听着 弗兰克 是薪水的问题吗
Now, look, Frank. Is it a question of money?
若是薪水问题的话 那就没有任何理由
Because if it is, there’s no reason
使我们达不成共识…
We can’t get together on a satisfactory…
我非常感激 但不是钱的问题
Well, I sure appreciate that, but no, it’s not the money.
那是…那是私事
It’s… well, it’s more of a personal thing.
我希望你能理解
I hope you understand.
私事?
A personal thing?
我明白
I see.
弗兰克 我父亲告诉我
Frank, let me tell you something my father told me.
人生只有几次机会
A man only gets a couple of chances in life.
如果你不及时把握
If he doesn’t grab them by the balls,
不久后便会呆呆坐着
It won’t be long before he’s sitting around wondering
后悔当时有机会却没把握住
How he got to be second rate.
我想也是
I guess so.
所以 拜托 别犹豫了
So, do me a favour. Sleep on it.
和你妻子商量一下
Discuss it with your wife.
因为 说实话 妻子总是
Because let’s be honest, where the hell would any of us be
伴随我们左右的
Without our wives, anyway?
而且 弗兰克 坦率地说 如果你加入我们
And, Frank, in all sincerity, if you do decide to join us,
我相信你将永远不会后悔
I believe it’ll be a thing you’ll never regret.
我还相信另一件事
And I believe something else, too.
我相信这会是对你父亲很好的纪念
I believe it’d be a fine memorial to your Dad.
想想吧 弗兰克 仔细想想
Think about it, Frank. Really think about it.
知道你拥有的一切 逗号♥
Knowing what you’ve got, comma,
知道你所求 逗号♥
Knowing what you need, comma,
知道完成某些事可以不用 破折号♥
Knowing what you can do without, dash.
存货控制
That’s inventory control.
知道你拥有的一切 逗号♥
Knowing what you’ve got, comma,
知道你所求 逗号♥
Knowing what you need, comma,
知道完成某些事可以不用 破折号♥
Knowing what you can do without, dash.
存货控制
That’s inventory control.
你好 弗兰克
Hi, Frank.
在加班?
Working late?
是啊 我快好了
Yeah. I got to dig myself out here.
听说你要升职了
I heard you were getting promoted.
机会难得
Big shot.
我想你父亲肯定为你感到骄傲
I guess your Dad would have been real proud, huh?
是啊 我想也是
Yeah. Yeah, I guess so.
那也许我该请你喝点东西
So maybe I should take you for a drink or something?
就当庆祝一下
You know, celebrate.
好 可以吧
Yeah, maybe.
我去拿东西
I’ll just get my things.
我要带上我的玩具马车

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!