The only place that was worth living.
我们为什么不去呢
So why don’t we go there?
你说真的?
You’re serious?
是啊
Yes.
有什么能阻止我们
What’s stopping us?
有什么能阻止我们
What’s stopping us?
我能想到好多
Well, I can think of a number of different things.
例如 我要找什么工作
For example, what kind of a job could I possibly get?
你不用找任何工作
You won’t be getting any kind of job,
我来
Because I will.
好 好
Oh, right. Right.
不许笑话我
Don’t laugh at me.
听我说完
Listen a minute.
你知道在欧洲
Do you know what they pay
政♥府♥机关秘书的薪水吗
For secretarial positions in the government agencies in Europe?
不知道
No. I don’t.
听着 弗兰克
Listen Frank,
我是认真的
I’m serious about this.
-你觉得我在开玩笑吗
-Do you think I’m kidding or something?
-好吧
-Okay.
我只是有几个问题
I just have a couple of questions, is all.
我想知道 你外出工作赚钱
For one thing, what exactly am I supposed to be doing
那我♥干♥吗呢
While you’re out earning all this money?
你看不出来吗
Don’t you see,
这才是关键
That’s the whole idea?
你就做7年前没做成的事
You’ll be doing what you should’ve been allowed to do seven years ago.
你有足够的时间了
You’ll have time.
你有生以来第一次有时间
For the first time in your life you’ll have time to find out
去弄明白你到底想要干什么
What it is that you actually want to do.
而当你弄明白之后
And when you figure it out,
你有足够的时间和自♥由♥重新开始
You’ll have the time and the freedom to start doing it.
亲爱的 这根本不切实际
Sweetheart, it’s just not very realistic, is all.
不 弗兰克 现在的生活才不切实际
No, Frank. This is what’s unrealistic.
一个有着聪明头脑的男人
It’s unrealistic for a man with
年复一年地做着他根本无法忍♥受的工作
A fine mind to go on working
居住在自己根本不喜欢的地方
Year after year at a job he can’t stand,
而且他的妻子也跟他一样
Coming home to a place he can’t stand,
那才叫不切实际
To a wife who’s equally unable to stand the same things.
想要听最糟的那部分吗
Do you want to know the worst part?
在一切事物上我们都高人一等
Our whole existence here is based on this great premise
那是我们在这儿生活的最大前提
That we’re special and superior to the whole thing.
但我们并没有
But we’re not.
我们跟其他人一样
We’re just like everyone else.
看看我们自己 我们都在自欺欺人
Look at us. We’ve bought into the same ridiculous delusion.
这个想法使你不得不放弃去追求生活
This idea that you have to resign from life
并因为孩子而安定生活
And settle down the moment you have children.
我们因为它而互相折磨
And we’ve been punishing each other for it.
听着 我们决定离开这里
Listen, we decided to move out here.
没人逼我去诺克斯工作
No one forced me to take the job at Knox.
谁说我想做番大事业来着
I mean, whoever said I was meant to be a big deal, anyway?
当我第一次遇见你的时候
When I first met you,
这个世界上没什么你不能做的
There was nothing in the world you couldn’t do or be.
当你第一次遇见我的时候 我是个自作聪明
When you first met me I was a little wise guy
大嘴巴小伙子 仅此而已
With a big mouth, that’s all.
不是 你怎么可以如此贬低自己
You were not. How can you even say that?
好 好 我有大把时间
Okay. Okay, so I’ll have time.
天晓得那太吸引人了 太吸引人了
And god knows that’s appealing. It’s very appealing.
你所说的一切都很在理
And everything you’re saying makes sense
如果我确实有才华
If I had a definite talent,
如果我是位作家或是位艺术家
If I were a writer or an artist.
不 但是 弗兰克 听着 听我说
No. But, Frank, listen. Listen to me.
你的才华都被掩埋了
It’s what you are that’s being stifled.
被这样的生活拒之门外了
It’s what you are that’s being denied and denied in this kind of life.
那是什么
And what’s that?
你不知道吗
Don’t you know?
你是这个世界上最美妙绝伦的人
You’re the most beautiful and wonderful thing in the world.
你是个大丈夫
You’re a man.
机不可失 失不再来 弗兰克
This is our chance, Frank. This is our one chance.

Okay.
你答应了?
Okay?
还有什么可拒绝的呢
Why not? Why the hell not?
-大家早安 -早啊 弗兰克
-Good morning, all. -Morning, Frank.
弗兰克林 很高兴见到你春风满面的
Franklin. Good to see your shining face.
-有什么好事吗 -伙计们 我要移居巴黎了
-What’s the news? -Fellas, I’m moving to Paris.
是吗 我也要移居丹吉尔了
Indeed. And I’m moving to Tangiers.
发往托莱多的公♥司♥内部电函
Intra-company letter to Toledo.
注意 给分公♥司♥经理 B.F.查默斯
Attention B.F. Chalmers, branch manager.
关于最近反复地函件往来
With regard to recent and repeated correspondence,
这次发函通知问题
This is to advise that the matter has been
将会圆♥满♥解决 句号♥
Very satisfactorily taken in hand, period.
另起一行
Paragraph.
我们完全同意现有的公♥司♥简介并不合适
We wholly agree that the existing brochure is unsuitable.
到最后 我们已改进 引用一句话
To this end, we have developed, quote,
“谈及生产调度”
“Speaking of production control.”
给 惠勒太太 这些是您要的旅行支票
Here you go, Mrs Wheeler. These are the traveller’s cheques you requested.
-好的 -您预定的船票
-Yes. -Your steamer reservations.
我会帮您把这些递交给大使♥馆♥
These I’ll pass on to the embassy for you.
-祝您好运 -谢谢
-Good luck. -Thank you.
9月份走 最迟10月份
September. October at the outside.
我开始想象人们随心所欲地
I just happen to think people are better off
做着自己确实喜欢的工作
Doing some kind of work they actually like.
-是啊 是啊 -绝对是…
-Right. Right, yes. -Absolutely, absolutely.
但是 如果这儿有份真正适合你的工作在等着你
But, I mean, assuming there is this true vocation waiting for you,
你不会在这儿发掘吗
Wouldn’t you be just as likely to discover it here as there?
我不认为在诺克斯大厦15层
I don’t think it’s possible to discover anything
能发掘什么东西
On the 15th floor of the Knox building,
你们也一样
And I don’t think any of you do either.
爸爸 爸爸 爸爸
Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!
-迈克尔 -爸爸 你会给我们讲故事吗…
-Michael. -Daddy, will you read us…
…直奔这儿
…all the way to here.
我们得搭乘一艘大船穿越海洋抵达那儿
We have to take a big boat ride across the sea to get there.
-但那儿我一个人都不认识 -我知道 我也是啊
-But I won’t know anybody there. -I know. I know. Neither will I.
但你刚上学的时候不也一样吗
But remember how you felt when you started school?
看看现在你有那么多朋友了
And now look how many friends you have.
你们绝对猜不到巴黎人都吃什么
You’ll never guess what they eat in Paris.
-你们绝对猜不到 -吃什么
-You’ll never guess. -What?
-吃黏黏的蜗牛 -蜗牛?
-Slimy Snails. -Snails?
黏黏的蜗牛和青蛙腿
Slimy snails and icky frog’s legs.
米莉 你在哪儿 宝贝
Milly, where are you, doll?
快点换衣服 他们马上就到了
You better get changed, they’ll be here soon.
-你就穿这身衣服吗 -你不喜欢吗
-Is that what you’re wearing? -Don’t you like it?
不 不 你看起来漂亮极了 宝贝
Yeah, yeah. You look great, doll.
我得快点去换好衣服
Guess I better haul ass.
小伙子们 你们好啊
Hiya, gang.
你们在看什么呢
What you watching?
谢普?
Shep?
我到处找你呢
I was calling you and calling you.
来啦 小点心来啦
Here we go. Just a little something.
-看起来美味极了 饿死了 -爱宝 我可猜不透
-Those look great. I’m starving. -April, I can’t get over it,
你看起来像吃了金丝雀的猫
You look like the cat that ate the canary.
有什么事要宣布吗 有什么小道消息吗
Do you have something to tell us? just a little bit of news?
米莉 其实 我们…我们确实有些重要的事要宣布
Well, actually, Milly, we…Well, we do have some important news, yes.
我就知道
I knew it.
亲爱的 你来宣布吧 讲吧
Honey, why don’t you tell them? Go ahead.
我们要去欧洲了 去巴黎
We’re going to Europe. To Paris.
去定居
To live.
-什么 -什么时候
-What? -When?
-9月份走 -为什么
-In september. -But what for?
为什么 因为我们一直都向往去那儿
What for? Well, because we’ve always wanted to.
因为孩子还小 因为那儿漂亮
Because the kids are young enough. Because it’s beautiful.
我是说真的 谢普 你去过那儿 你跟她讲讲吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!