-天哪 -我 弗兰克 我
-Jesus! -Me, Frank. Me!
笑死我了
Don’t make me laugh.
你这个可怜的自欺欺人的臭小子 看看你
You pathetic, self-deluded little boy. Look at you!
看看你
Look at you!
好好看看你自己再告诉我
Look at you and tell me,
你哪来的那么多想象力
How by any stretch of the imagination
管自己叫男人
You can call yourself a man!
操
Fuck!
妈的
Damn!
上帝啊
Oh, Jesus Christ!
别这么看着我 爱宝
Don’t look at me like that, April.
我们能回家了吗
Could we please go home now?
革命之路
15层到了
Fifteenth floor.
老弟 今天你得帮帮我
I’m going to need your help this morning, Old Scout.
一会儿要是邦迪过来了 就马上告诉我
For the next few hours, you’re to warn me of Bandy’s every approach
还有 别让大家看见我
And you may need to shield me from public view in the likely event
胃疼的样子
That avoid my stomach.
太难受了
It’s that bad.
早 杰克
Morning, Jack.
看着吧 没啥好事儿
Nothing good about it, I assure you.
你们一下火车我就知道你们要
Of course, I knew the moment you stepped off the train
找什么
what you were looking for…
一小间改造谷仓或马车♥库♥房♥
A small remodeled barn, or a carriage house.
不过我得告诉你们
And I just hate to be the one to tell you
那种房♥子已经没有了
That sort of thing just isn’t available anymore…
不过别失望
But I don’t want you to despair.
我要带你们看个地方
There is one place up here I wanna show you…
这里现在看起来是不怎么样
Now of course it isn’t very desirable at this end.
你看 克劳福德路上的房♥子
As you see, Crawford Road is mostly these little
都是很小的煤砖房♥ 像个拖车屋
Cinder-blocky, pick-up trucky places.
住着水管工
Plumbers, carpenters,
木匠之类的当地人
little local people of that sort.
但是…
But eventually…
与它相连的革命路
Eventually it leads up to Revolutionary Road,
状况可就大相径庭了
Which is much nicer.
我要带你们去的 是一幢漂亮的小房♥子
Now, the place I want to show you, is a sweet little house
布局很别致
And a sweet little setting.
简约清新的设计
Simple, clean lines,
有片很棒的草地 对孩子再合适不过了
Good lawns, marvelous for children.
就在前面的拐角处
It’s just around this next curve…
你们马上就要看到了
Now, you’ll see it.
就是那儿
There.
看见那个白色的房♥子了吗
See the little white one?
很讨人喜欢吧
Sweet, isn’t it?
看它神气活现地伫立在小斜坡上
The perky way it sits there on its little slope?
很迷人吧
Charming, isn’t it?
是啊
Oh, yes.
你找我?
You wanted to see me?
这是今天早晨从托莱多寄来的
Came for you from Toledo this morning.
这个月第3份了
This is the third one this month.
-抱歉 我已经很谨慎了…
-Sorry. I thought I’d taken care…
-我本以为
-I’m not prepared to have this…
不会再发生类似事情了 弗兰克 明白吗
This conversation again, Frank. You understand?
-我只是…
-I was literaly just getttin…
-周边的其他分公♥司♥都很敬重我们
-These folks in the provinces look up to us.
我们得有效率
We need to be efficient.
我们不能总这么反复出错
We can’t have this kind of back and forth, and so forth.
太没效率了
It’s just not efficient.
我说的对吧
Am I Right?
完全正确
Yes.
怎么了
What was that about?
托莱多
Toledo.
分店经理想要份
Branch manager wants a revised brochure
改好的诺克斯500会议的宣传册
For the conference on the Knox 500.
太没效率了 我说的对吧 对吧 对吧
It’s just not efficient. Am I right? Am I right? Am I right?
娘娘腔
Sounds like a goodie.
说实话 我都不知道诺克斯500是什么
For God’s sake. I don’t even know what the Knox 500 does…
你知道吗
Do you?
你以为都跟你似的
Don’t insult me.
如果要找SP-1109下的待用文件
If you’ll look in the inactive file under SP-1109.
你就能找着所有发给代理商的文件备份
You’ll find copies of all the stuff we sent to the agency.
这样我们就能追踪到
And that way we can trace the thing back to its…
原始资料
To its original sources.
你午饭不会吃得太早吧
Listen. I hope you weren’t planning on an early lunch.
不会
No.
我不太饿
I’m not really hungry.
好 我一会儿再过来
Good. I’ll check on you later. All right?
好的
Okay.
好
Okay.
你知道吗 莫林
You know something, Maureen?
碰上我算你走运
You’re lucky you met me.
怎么说
Oh? How’s that?
我能支你几招
I think I can show you the ropes, you know.
在诺克斯生存的技巧
There’s certain art to survival at Knox.
真的呀?
Really.
瞧着点儿
Let me show you what I mean.
服务生
Waiter.
把电♥话♥机拿来好吗 再来两杯马提尼
Bring me the telephone would you? And two more Martinis.
请接克朗代克区55566 谢谢
Klondike 55566, please.
您好 乔根森夫人
Hello Mrs. Jorgensen.
我是弗兰克·惠勒
Frank Wheeler here.
是的
Yes.
我想跟您说一声
I just wanted to let you know,
我把莫林·格鲁布派到
That I’ve had to send Maureen Grube
视觉辅助部办点事儿
Down to Visual Aides for me.
恐怕这一下午她都得留下帮忙
I’ll probably need her the rest of the afternoon.
好的
Yes.
您也是
You too.
再见
Take care now.
我都没听说过什么视觉辅助
I’ve never even heard of Visual Aides.
那是因为…
That’s because…
它压根不存在
It doesn’t exist.
你好 海伦
Hi, Helen.
快进来
Come on in.
我不久留了…
Oh, I can’t stay a minute…
我就是来送这个景天草盆栽的
I just wanted to bring this sedum plantings
你能用它装扮前院那小片凌乱的草地
For that messy patch down by the front yard.
就像欧洲石莲花
It’s like the European houseleek
它能开出可爱的小黄花
Only these have the most marvelous little yellow blossoms.
只要在开始的几天浇上一点水
Now all it wants for the first few day is just a tiny dollop of water
它就能开得生机盎然
And you’ll find it absolutely thrives.
太感谢你了 海伦 你太热心了
Oh. Thank you, Helen. It’s so kind of you.
要喝咖啡吗
Would you like some coffee?
有什么需要帮忙的吗 海伦
Is there something I can do for you, Helen?
我差点儿忘了
Oh… I almost forgot.
我有点小事相求
There’s a small favor I’d like to ask…
就关于…
It’s about…
关于我儿子约翰的
It’s about my son, John.
他住院了
He’s been in the hospital.
真抱歉 他还好吧
Oh, I’m sorry. Is everything all right?
其实…
Well, actualy…
只是暂时的 他在布鲁克医院
It’s just for the time being. He’s in… Pleasent Brook.
是精神病院
Psychiatric.
我明白了
Oh, I see.
不严重
Oh… Nothing serious.
他只是有点抑郁
He’s just got a little run down.
总有一天会好起来的
Things can just get the better of us sometimes.
你说是吧
Don’t you agree?
是的
Yes.
当然