你是做什么的
So, what do you do?
我在上课 想当个演员
I’m studying to be an actress.
你呢
You?
我是个码头工人
I’m a longshoreman.
我是说真的
No, I mean really.
我…我也是说真的
I mean… I mean really too.
不过从下周一开始
Although, starting next Monday,
我要做点儿更棒的事了
I’m doing something a little more glamorous.
什么
What’s that?
自助餐厅的夜班收银员
Night cashier at a cafeteria.
我不是问你怎么赚钱
I don’t mean how you make money.
我是问
I mean,
你对什么感兴趣
What are you interested in?
亲爱的 我要是有这答案
Honey, if I had the answer to that one,
我打赌不出半个小时咱俩都得无聊死
I bet I’d bore us both to death in half an hour.
谢天谢地 终于完了…
Thank God, that’s over…
有很多明星都是初次亮相啊
So much for the debut of the laurel players.
她太让人失望了
…And she was very disappointing.
弗兰克
Oh, Frank!
太棒了 弗兰克
Oh, very nice Frank!
谢谢你捧场 吉明斯夫人
Oh, thanks so much, Mrs. Givings.
我们真是太喜欢了
I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed it.
你太太真有天赋
You have a very talented wife.
我会转达的
I’ll pass it along!
弗兰克
Frank!
她在那边…
She’s in there…!
我等不及要喝一杯了
I’m about ready for that drink.
稍等一下
Couple of minutes!
爱宝?
April…?
宝贝儿?
Sweetheart…?
-准备好走了吗 -好的 好的
-You about ready to leave? -Yeah, yeah.
我正要卸妆
I’ve just got to get this makeup off.
那个…我猜
Well… I guess it wasn’t
不是很成功吧
A triumph or anything, was it?
我觉得是
I guess not.
我一会儿就好
I’ll be ready in a minute.
不用着急
Take your time.
帮个忙好吧
Listen, will you do me a favor?
米莉和谢普想约我们出去
Milly and Shep wanted us to go out with them after.
你能不能回绝了?
Will you say we can’t?
就说保姆要下班什么的
Say it’s because of the baby sitter or something?
可是 我已经答应了
Well, the thing is, I already said that we could.
我…
I mean…
我刚才已经答应他们了
I just saw them and I said we would.
那你能否再出去一趟说刚才搞错了呢
Then would you mind going out again and saying you were mistaken?
这应该不难吧
That should be simple enough.
你不觉得这有点不礼貌吗 爱宝
Don’t you think that’s a little bit rude, April?
好吧 我自己去说
Well I’ll tell them myself.

Okay.
好 别急
Okay. Take it easy.
好吧
All right?
我去说
I’ll tell them.
说真的 宝贝儿
I mean it, baby.
你是这戏里唯一的亮点
You were the only person in that play.
谢谢
Thank you.
就不该让你搞这破戏剧 这是关键
We should’ve let you get mixed up in the damned thing. It’s all.
行了
All right.
一帮业余的家伙
A bunch of amateurs.
我是说 你可是科班出身
I mean, you’ve studied for Christ’s sake.
能别唠叨了吗
Could we stop talking about it now?

Sure.
我只是不想让你太难过
I just don’t want you feeling bad about it, that’s all,
太不值得了
Because it’s not worth it, you know?
-和这帮鸟人生活在这儿就够憋屈了 -是
-It’s bad enough having to live out here among these damn people -Yes.
-你说什么 -我说”是” 弗兰克
-What’d you say? -I said yes. All right, Frank.
能别再说这个了吗
Could you just stop talking about it now,
免得把我逼疯
Before you drive me crazy, please?
你干吗
What are you doing?
爱宝
April…
亲爱的
Sweetheart…
我们该谈谈
Let’s talk about this, okay?
拜托 我不想谈
Please, don’t do that.

Come on now.
别碰我
Don’t touch me.
爱宝 爱宝
April… April…
离我远点儿
You just… Leave me alone!

Okay.

Okay.
我受够了 这一堆狗屁烂事儿
It strikes me, that there’s a considerable amount of bullshit…
这里
Going on here,
我只想澄清几件事
and there is just a few things, that I’d like to clear up.
好吧
All right?
第一
Number one:
这剧这么恶心不是我的错
It’s not my fault the play was lousy.
第二
Number two:
你没当成真正的演员
It’s sure as hell not my fault
也他妈不是我的错
That you didn’t turn out to be an actress,
还有 你越快忘记那些肥皂剧
And the sooner you get over that little piece of soap opera
我们就能过得越好
The better off we’ll both be.
第三
Number three:
我不是那种
I don’t happen to fit the role
木讷迟钝的乡下汉子
of dumb, insensitive suburban husband,
自从我们搬来这里 你就一直想让我变成那样
You’ve been trying to leave that crap on me ever since we moved out here.
我受够了
And I’m damn before wear.
第四
Number four:
爱宝
April…
爱宝
April!
爱宝
April…
你到底要干吗 快回来
What the hell are you doing? Get back to the car.
不 我一会儿回去
No. I will in a minute
让我在这站会儿
Just let me stand here for a second.
妈的
Goddamnit.
爱宝
April…
你能不能回到车里 我们好好谈
Can you please, just get back in the car, and talk about this,
别在12号♥国道上乱跑好吗
Instead of running all over Route 12?
我说得不够清楚吗 我不想谈
Haven’t I made it clear I don’t particularly want to talk about it?
好吧 看在老天的份上
Okay. I mean, Jesus, I’m trying to be nice
我很想好好谈谈
about this thing. For God’s sake.
你可真体贴
How kind of you.
太他妈的体贴了
How terribly, terribly kind of you.
等等 我做错什么啦
Wait a minute. I don’t deserve this.
你总是这么绝对地说
You’re always so wonderfully definite, on the subject of…
-你该怎样不该怎样 -等等
-What you do and don’t deserve? -Wait a minute!
妈的 等等
Wait a goddamn…
爱宝 现在你听我说
April, now you listen to me.
这一次
This is one time
你别想再曲解我的话 爱宝
You’re not gonna get away with twisting everything that I say, April.
就这一次
This just happen to be one goddamn time.
我知道 我没错
I know I’m not the wrong here.
天哪 我真希望你今天没来
Christ, I wish you’d stayed home tonight!
你知道现在的你怎么了吗 爱宝
You know what you are, when you are like this, April?
你有病
You’re sick.
没错
I really mean that.
就是有病
You’re sick!
-你知道你又怎么了吗 -怎么
-And you know what you are? -What?
-你很恶心 -是吗
-You’re disgusting. -Oh yeah?
你别唬我 弗兰克
You don’t bully me, Frank.
就因为你把我困在这个安全的小陷阱里
Just because you’ve got me safely in this little trap,
你以为你就能强迫我去感受你的感受吗
You think you can bully me into feeling whatever you want!
-陷阱 你说这是陷阱 -是 就是
-In a trap! You in a trap! -Yeah. Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!