They want to know what he’s up to.
他们想知道他想要什么
They want me to spy on the chancellor?
他们要我暗中监视议长?
But that’s treason.
那是背叛
We are at war, Anakin.
我们是在战争时期 阿纳金
Why didn’t the council give me this assignment when we were in session?
议事时 长老会为什么不直接委派给我?
This assignment is not to be on record.
这项任务是秘密的 不能留案的
The chancellor is not a bad man, Obi-Wan.
议长不是坏人 欧比王
He befriended me. He’s watched out for me ever since I arrived here.
他待我如友 从我到这之后就一直关照我
That is why you must help us.
所以你才要必须帮我们
Anakin, our allegiance is to the senate,
阿纳金 我们效忠议会
not to its leader who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired.
不是议长 他正设法连任
The senate demanded that he stay longer.
议会要他留任的
Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin. Something is out of place.
是的 请你想一下 阿纳金 有些事不对头
You’re asking me to do something against the Jedi code,
你是在叫我做违反绝地纲领的事
against the Republic,
对抗共和国
against a mentor and a friend. That’s what’s out of place here.
背叛导师…背弃友谊 这正是不对头的事
Why are you asking this of me?
为什么你们这么要求我?
The council is asking you.
是长老会在要求你
Anakin did not take to his new assignment with much enthusiasm.
阿纳金对他的任务没多大热情
It’s very dangerous, putting them together.
把他们俩放在一起太危险了
I don’t think the boy can handle it.
我觉得那孩子处理不了这事
I don’t trust him.
我不信任他
With all due respect, Master, is he not the chosen one?
从所有的方面看 大♥师♥ 难道他不是肩负使命的那个人吗
Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force?
他不是那个摧毁西斯 给原力带来平衡的人吗
So the prophecy says.
目前预言是这么说的
Aprophecy…
预言…
that misread could have been.
也有可能错解
He will not let me down.
他不会辜负我
He never has.
他从来没有过
I hope right you are.
我希望你是对的
Sometimes I wonder what’s happening to the Jedi order.
有时 我对绝地的命令很困惑
I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic.
我觉得这场战争正在摧毁共和国的法则
Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side?
你想过没有 也许我们选错了方向?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists…
万一我们以为正为之服务的民♥主♥早已不复存在了呢?
and the Republic has become the very evil we’ve been fighting to destroy?
共和国已经变成了我们一直要消灭的真正的邪恶呢?
I don’t believe that.
我不信
And you’re sounding like a separatist.
你说这话像分离主义者
This war represents a failure to listen.
这场战争的起因就是没有听取各方意见
Now you’re closer to the chancellor than anyone.
现在你是离议长最近的人
Please, ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume.
请你求他停止战争 重新恢复和谈
Don’t ask me to do that.
别叫我这样做
Make a motion in the senate, where that kind of a request belongs.
这样的事情留给议院来做
What is it?
你怎么了?
Nothing.
没什么
Don’t do this.
别这样
Don’t shut me out. Let me help you.
别把我排除在外 让我帮助你
Hold me…
拥抱我…
Like you did by the lake on Naboo.
就像以前在纳布那样
So long ago, when there was nothing but our love.
很久以前 那时我们只有爱…
No politics, no plotting, no war.
没有政♥治♥ 没有阴谋 没有战争
You wanted to see me, Chancellor.
您想见我 议长
Yes, Anakin. Come closer. I have good news.
对 阿纳金 靠过来点 我有好消息要告诉你
Our clone intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievous.
我们的克隆人军队发现了格里弗斯的藏身处
He’s hiding in the Utapau system.
他躲在尤他波星球
At last.
终于
We’ll be able to capture that monster and end this war.
我们终于可以抓住这个恶魔 结束这场战争
I would worry about the collective wisdom of the council…
我有点担心长老会的集体智慧
if it didn’t select you for this assignment.
要是他们不选你完成这个任务
You’re the best choice,
你是最好的人选…
by far.
目前看来
Hmm. Sit down.
坐吧
Leave us.
你们退下
Anakin…
阿纳金…
you know I’m not able to rely on the Jedi Council.
你知道 我对绝地长老会不抱希望
If they haven’t included you in their plot,
如果他们还没有让你知道那个阴谋的话
they soon will.
他们很快就会了
I’m not sure I understand.
我不太理解
You must sense what I have come to suspect.
你一定感觉到我已怀疑
The Jedi Council want control of the Republic.
绝地长老会想要控制整个共和国
They’re planning to betray me.
他们在计划背叛我
I don’t think that…
我想不会
Anakin.
阿纳金
Search your feelings.
你仔细想想
You know,
你知道
don’t you?
对吗
I know they don’t trust you.
我知道他们不信任你
Or the senate.
议会…
Or the Republic,
共和国…
or democracy, for that matter.
民♥主♥之类的人
I have to admit,
我得承认
my trust in them has been shaken.
我对他们的信任已经动摇
Why?
为什么?
They asked you to do something that made you feel dishonest, didn’t they?
他们让你做背信弃义的事 对吗
They asked you to spy on me, didn’t they?
他们叫你暗中监视我 对吗
I don’t…
我不知道…
I don’t know what to say.
我不知道该怎么说
Remember back to your early teachings.
记住你早先学的东西
All who gain power are afraid to lose it.
所有拥有权力的人都怕失去它
Even the Jedi
绝地武士也不例外
The Jedi use their power for good.
绝地武士是用权力做善事
Good is a point of view, Anakin.
好与坏只是观点问题 阿纳金
The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way…
西斯与绝地 大部分是一样的
including their quest for greater power.
包括对权力的渴望
The Sith rely on their passion for their strength.
西斯对权力的欲求是狂热的
They think inwards only about themselves.
他们是自私的 只为自己着想
And the Jedi don’t?
难道绝地不是吗
The Jedi are selfless. They only care about others.
绝地是无私的 他们只关心别人
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
你可曾听过智者达斯·普雷诡斯的悲剧?
No.
没有
I thought not.
我想也是
It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you.
绝地不会把这个事告诉你
It’s a Sith legend.
这是关于西斯的传说
Darth Plagueis was a dark lord of the Sith…
达斯·普雷诡斯曾是西斯黑暗王朝的大帝
so powerful and so wise…
非常强大 非常睿智
he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.
他甚至可以用原力来左右迷地原虫创造生命
He had such a knowledge of the dark side…
他对黑暗原力的了解
he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
甚至可以让他关心的人逃脱死亡
He could actually…
他真的可以…
save people from death?
让人不死?
The dark side of the Force…
原力的黑暗原力…
is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
是通向许多反自然能力的一条途径
Wh…What happened to him?
他后来怎么了?
He became so powerful…
他变得极为强大…
the only thing he was afraid of was…
他唯一害怕的就是
losing his power. Which eventually, of course, he did.
失去他的权力 最终他还是失去了
Unfortunately,
不幸的是
he taught his apprentice everything he knew.
他将其所能教给了他的徒弟
Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep.
而他的弟♥子♥在他睡觉时杀死了他
It’s ironic.
多么讽刺啊
He could save others from death…
他可以令其它人复活
but not himself.
却不能救自己
Is it possible to learn this power?
有可能学到这种力量吗
Not from a Jedi.
从绝地那里是学不到的
Palpatine thinks General Grievous is on Utapau?
帕尔帕廷议长认为 格里弗斯将军在尤他波星球
A partial message was intercepted in a diplomatic packe from the chairman of Utapau.
来自尤他波星球主席的部分外交信息被截获
Act on this we must.
我们必须采取行动
The capture of General Grievous will end this war.
如果抓获格里弗斯将军 就能结束这场战争
Quickly and decisively we should proceed.
我们必须快速果断地行动
The chancellor has requested…
议长要求

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!