that you know and love is down there,
而你在上面那里
and you’re up here.
然后希望一切顺利
And then hopefully everything will work
这样我就能再下去看他们了
so I can get back down there, uh,
to see ’em again.
妈妈你在走 我以为我们…
Mom, you’re walking. I thought we…
我会抓住你的
I’m gonna catch you.
我想把注意力集中在我的家庭上
I wanna make sure
that I focus on my family,
某种程度来说 这是我最后的机会了
you know, this being
kind of my last opportunity.
是的 两周后
我可能就住在上面那里了
Oh yeah,
I might be living up there in two weeks. Sure.
还记得你看到妈妈在这上面吗?
Remember when
you saw Mommy on this thing?
记得
Yeah.
可能没有人比宇航员更了解
Probably nobody knows more about
what the astronauts are going through,
宇航员的经历
of course, other than another astronaut.
收到 门上的剪影很漂亮
Copy.
Oh, nice silhouette on the door.
鲍勃和我 我们都娶了宇航员
Bob and I, you know,
we’re both married to astronauts.
我妻子凯伦 她有过两次飞行
My wife, Karen, she’s got two flights.
(凯伦·尼贝里
美国宇航局宇航员)
我从航♥天♥飞机飞到空间站后
After my shuttle flight
to the space station,
我并没有完全满足 我想要更多
I was not fulfilled completely.
I… I wanted more, you know.
所以我又回到那上面待了六个月
And so I went back up there
for six months.
嗨 各位
Hey, you guys.
-嗨 各位 见到你们真高兴
-嗨
-Hey, you guys. Good to see you.
-Hey.
每一天都在变化
Every day was varied,
但主要目标是在零重力环境下
but the main objective
was to conduct science
进行科学研究
in a zero-gravity environment.
我的意思是 空间站基本上就是一个
建在太空中的巨大实验室
I mean, the station is basically
a huge laboratory that’s built in space.
我们与地面上的研究人员
进行互动的任何实验
Any experiments where we interacted
with the researchers on the ground,
总是很有趣的
因为你可以感受到他们的兴奋
that was always fun because
you could just feel their excitement
以及这些实验
如何帮助了解地球上正在发生的事
and how these experiments help
to figure out what’s happening on Earth.
因为凯伦在国际空间站上
待了很长时间
Because of the tremendous amount
of time Karen was on board the ISS,
多年以后 有人说:“喂
我在上面发现了你妻子的头发”
there were people years later saying,
“Hey, I found your wife’s hair up here.”
我说:“好吧 抱歉”
I’m like, “Well, well, sorry.”
我们在一艘
多么美丽的飞船上啊 各位
What a beautiful spaceship
we’re on, guys.
(梅根·麦克阿瑟
美国宇航局宇航员)
我的妻子 梅根
My wife, Megan,
乘坐航♥天♥飞机前往哈勃太空望远镜
flew on a space shuttle mission
to the Hubble Space Telescope.
清理牵制 五秒后
模式切换为自动模式
Clear the pin.
Five seconds, the mode switch is in auto.
三、二、一 释放
-Three, two, one, release.
我的任务是对望远镜
进行最后的维修任务
My mission was the final servicing
and repair mission for the telescope.
我们会开玩笑说:“喂
我们正在帮助解开宇宙的奥秘”
We would joke and say, “We’re helping
to unlock the mysteries of the universe,”
但这其实是真的
but it really is true.
所以每当我在报纸上看到一篇文章
So whenever I see an article in the paper
一群科学家发现了一些新东西
where a group of scientists
have discovered something new,
我总是想说:“喂
你在这方面帮了一点儿忙”
I always think, you know, “Hey, you helped
a little bit with that.”
在我们有人真正进入太空之前
Before any of us
actually got into space,
鲍勃和梅根 还有凯伦和我
我们都是同班同学
Bob and Megan and Karen and I,
we were all classmates.
所以我们一起度过了很多时间
And so we spent a lot of time together.
到目前为止 亚特兰蒂斯号♥航♥天♥飞机
升空情况良好
So far, so good on
the ascent of the space shuttle Atlantis
这是它的第22次任务
on this its 22nd mission,
这是航♥天♥飞机历史上的第99次飞行
the 99th flight in space shuttle history.
我们上届班里的一个宇航员
举办了一个派对
One of the astronauts
from the class ahead of us
来庆祝即将到来的班级
hosted a party
to celebrate the incoming class,
我第一次见到道格就是在那个派对上
and I first met Doug at that party.
我们一开始是朋友
We were friends first.
花了几年时间 我们的关系
才变得更加深入 但是…
It… it took a few years
to become more than that, but, um…
是啊 不过我觉得我们很幸运
能找到彼此
Yeah, I think we were lucky, though,
to find each other.
我还记得我第一次
真正听说鲍勃的时候
I remember actually
the first time I really heard about Bob.
我们每个人都收到了一本小册子
We each received kind of this pamphlet
上面有每个人的照片
还有像是两句话的简介
that showed everyone’s picture
and, like, a two-sentence bio.
他今年于什么时候 毕业于什么时候
He was born in this year,
and he graduated in this year,
拿到博士学位于什么时候
and he got a PhD by this year.
他一定是某种神童
He’s got to be some kind of,
you know, child prodigy.
然后他说:“嗯
实际上里面有个日期错误”
And he said, “Well, there’s actually
a typo in there with the dates,”
但我想你会发现他是个天才
But I think you’ll find
that he is a prodigy.
但随着时间的推移 我觉得我们
要一起开创新生活的想法越来越清晰
But over time, I think it became clear
that we were gonna build a life together.
我今天有机会去了宇航员的海滩小屋
Had a chance to come out
to the old astronaut beach house today.
在几天后发射龙飞船之前
I’m really looking forward to spending
some time with my family out here
我真的很期待和我的家人
在这里度过一段时间
before launching on Dragon
in just a few short days.
我认为现在对我们来说最重要的是
You know, I think the thing
that’s most important to us right now
我们每天都过得很正常
is that we are living every day normally.
随着我们离发射越来越近
我们只是在享受一起的时光
We’re just enjoying time together
as we get closer and closer to launch.
发射!
-Blastoff!
这是我们的验证二号♥引擎新传统
Oh, that was our new DM-2 tradition
和我们的儿子们在海滩上发射火箭
with our sons
to launch rockets from the beach.
谢谢
-Thank you.
-喂
-谢谢
-Hey. Bye-bye.
-Thank you.
-谢谢你们
-再见
-Thank you, guys.
-Bye-bye.
当我们接近发射时
As we approach liftoff,
我只是觉得快乐中夹杂着恐惧
I’m just kind of feeling
sort of joy tinged with terror,
我想这是我能描述的最好的方式
I guess is the best way
that I can describe it.
就像每次旅行一样 什么东西都带
It’s like every other trip, over-packing.
作为观看者
尤其是我做过机组人员
Being the person watching,
especially having been a crew member,
这一切都超出了你的控制
it’s all out of your control.
除了看着 你什么也做不了
There’s nothing you can do
other than watch,
看着绝对更难
and it’s… it’s definitely a lot harder.
-这些我都不想要
-你要留胡子吗?
-None of these I would ever want.
-You gonna grow a mustache?
你的家庭充其量
只能做到收支平衡 对吧?你回来
The best your family can do
is break even, right? You come back.
-从来不想要什么?
-从来没留过胡子
-Never want a what?
-Never had a mustache.