我们真心感谢你们
Like, we really, really do truly appreciate you guys
为我们所做的一切
for everything that you’ve done.
你这么开心是因为肩膀上的鸟
Is that a bird on your shoulder
还是因为看到我?
or are you just happy to see me?
三 二 一!
Three, two, one!
太棒了!
Yeah!
塔♥利♥班♥的人要去哪?
Where are the Taliban going?
他们就在中♥央♥
They are right there in the center.
我看到就在那
I see right there.
一些塔♥利♥班♥的人进入了加莱穆赫塔尔
Some Taliban have entered Qalai Mukhtar.
弟兄们 他们靠近了 盯紧他们
Brothers, they’re getting closer, let’s keep an eye on them.
我想他们等美国人离开赫尔曼德
I think they’re waiting for the US to leave Helmand.
就会展开攻击
Then they will attack.
你几岁?
How old are you?
Twenty.
这场战争开始时你出生了吗?
Were you born when this war started?
嗯 差不多
Yeah, barely.
差不多
Barely.
可能一岁吧
I was like one.
你那时还在穿尿布
You were still in diapers.
你可以把全部护理包丢进火里吗?
Hey, can you grab all those care packages and start throwing them to the fire?
好 东西在哪里? -应该在后面
Yeah, where they at? -Uh, they used to be in the back.
建筑后面?
Of the building?
对 我们不能带走
Yeah, we can’t take them with us.
我不是美国总统 无法…
I’m not the president of the United States, I don’t…
但有人得做决定 然后他做了决定
But someone had to make a call, and he made a call.
但不是每个决定都有正解
You know, you’re never gonna have all the…
如果等到答案很明显时
answers to a decision that you need to make
可能已经错过了决策的时机
if you wait for all the answers.
所以只能以当时
And in the time you’ve made that decision in the past. So…
所拥有的最佳信息
you make a decision with the best information
然后下决定
you have available at the time and you roll with it.
如果我懂更多 早就加薪了
If I knew more than that, I’d get paid more.
这确实是一个结束
True, it’s the end of something. But…
不过 是什么的结束?一个时代?
what is it the end of? The end of an era?
一项行动?一个专案?我不知道
The end of an operation? Of a project? I don’t know.
只有历史能告诉我们答案
Only history will tell us what exactly it is the end of.
是从右边上去
It’ll be right side up.
好像缠住了
I think it’s entangled.
对 -可以降下来吗?
Yeah. -Can you lower it?
可以
Yeah. -Yeah.
好了
All right.
小心你的头
Watch your head.
一 二 三 上
One, two, three. Hurrah.
立正
Stand at attention.
向国旗致敬
To respect our national flag
面对国旗
face the flag.
敬礼
Salute.
稍息
Stand at ease.
请保重 谢谢你 长官
Stay safe here. Thank you, sir.
我会想你们的 -是的,我们也是
I’ll miss you guys. -Yeah, we’ll see.
明天还会看到你们吗?
Are we seeing you tomorrow?
那时我们已离开了 -对
We’ll be gone. -Yeah.
你们一早就要走?
Oh, you’re leaving early in the morning?
嗯 嗯
Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.
我祝你一切顺利
I wish you all the best.
是的,长官 把它带进来
Yes, sir. Bring it in.
好吧
好吧 你好吗?就这样结束了 嗯…
All right. How you doing? This is it. Uh…
长官 我只想跟你说 我2013年就来到这里了
Hey, sir, I just want to tell you, I’ve been coming over here since 2013.
我们也失去了一些特种部队成员
Um, we’ve lost quite a few Green Berets.
对我们许多人来说 绝对是很有感触的事
Um, this is definitely an emotional thing for a lot of us.
我会一直回想起这段日子
It’s something I’ll always look back and reflect on.
这次离别很痛苦
It’s, uh, it’s tough leaving.
很荣幸能与你共事 长官 祝你一切顺利
It was a great honor, sir. I wish you all the best.
谢谢长官 -好
Thank you, sir. -All right.
有一个时刻
There comes a point
参与过这场战争的人会问自己
where whoever took part in a war ask themselves,
“我们为何而战?又实现了什么?”
“Why did we do it? What did we achieve?
“牺牲了什么才有今天的成就?”
“And what did we sacrifice to get there?”
二十年 两兆美元
Twenty years and two trillion dollars.
光美国人就死了2500人
Two-and-a-half-thousand Americans dead alone,
还没算阿富汗或友军的人
not even counting for Afghans or coalition.
这就是代价 巨大的代价
There’s a cost. There’s a huge cost.
这不是胜利
This isn’t a win.
一切成就都来之不易
Everything we’ve gained is at risk.
萨达特将军 我是杰克准尉
JACK: General Sadat, this is Chief Jack.
请你替我们祝愿你的士兵一切顺利
May you please tell your men, uh,
感谢你们的帮助!
give them the best for us.
我们和你们一样很沮丧
We share your frustrations,
未来的战事 我们不见得能参加
knowing that we may or may not be there for, uh, the upcoming fights.
但我们没放弃你们
We haven’t given up on you.
好了 长官 保重 以后再联络
All right, sir, uh, take care. Stay safe and we’ll talk soon.
2021年6月
地面上发生了什么
What is happening on the ground
阿富汗战场情况如何?
阿富汗战场情况如何? -还好
there in Afghanistan? -Well,
有些人将其描述成新一天的黎明
some have described it as a new day dawning.
总体而言
US forces may have
美军或许离开了阿富汗
largely left Afghanistan,
但该国长达四十年的战争仍在继续
but the country’s four-decade long war continues.
塔♥利♥班♥正在增加
…already, the Taliban are increasing attacks
进攻阿富汗的军力
on Afghan forces…
美国情报机构的报告估计
The reports of US Intelligence
一旦美军完全撤离阿富汗
estimating that once the US is fully out of the country…
该国政♥府♥可能在短短半年内垮台
…the Afghan government could fall in as little as six months.
有位年轻将军在阿富汗很有名
There’s a young general who’s become very famous
萨米·萨达特将军
in Afghanistan, General Sami Sadat,
他多次击退塔♥利♥班♥组织的袭击
and he’s managed to repel multiple attacks by the Taliban.
这表明还有人能够战斗
That shows there are people who are capable of fighting
而且依然有战斗的决心
and still determined to fight.
以神之名
In the name of God,
向各位亲朋好友问候
greetings to our dear friends and brothers.
从家中站出来
Come out of your homes.
从街头站出来
Come off of the streets.
加入国♥家♥安♥全♥部队
Come to your national security forces.
拿起武器
Come and take up arms.
就在今天 就是现在
This is the day. This is the time.
如果我们团结面对一切
If everything we have works together,
还有什么能击倒我们?
is there any power that can break us?
真♥主♥至大! -真♥主♥至大!
Allahu Akbar! -Allahu Akbar!
真♥主♥至大!
这是一场极权主义
This is a fight between
和自♥由♥之间的战争
totalitarianism and freedom.
我们会保卫自己的国家 对吗?
We will defend our country, yes?
对
Yes.
塔♥利♥班♥为了自己的政♥治♥利益
The Taliban used the script
利用古♥兰♥经♥中的内容
of the Holy Quran for their own political interest.
试图控制伦理道德 以及其他所有人的生活规则
Trying to control and govern the ethics and the rule of life for everyone else.
准备好了吗?
(IN PASHTO) Are you ready?
好了
Yes.
说“伟大的神” -伟大的神
Say, “God is great.” -God is great.
全社会渴望自♥由♥
This society wants to be free.
他们知道在塔♥利♥班♥的统治下 他们不会有食物
They know that under the Taliban, they will not have food.
女性没有工作权 女性没有教育权
They will not allow women to work. They don’t allow women to be educated.
他们会被那些恐♥怖♥分♥子♥的想法奴役
They will be enslaved to those terrorist ideas.
我们正在招募一千名新兵
We are recruiting 1,000 new soldiers
加入阿富汗国♥军♥
to the Afghan National Army.
现在因为我们的勇气和反抗
Right now, people are interested in working with us
大家很有兴趣加入我们
because of our courage, bravery, and resistance.
我不想让你们和其他省份一样紧张
I don’t want you to get nervous like in the other provinces.
这个过程绝不能失败
This process must not fail.
指挥官 考虑训练