看看你的左臂 你是98814号♥囚犯
“Look at your left arm, you were prisoner 98814.”
战争结束时
“When the war ended, ”
我发誓
“I promised myself”
我要找到那些应为此负责的人
“I would find the men responsible.”
与西蒙·威森塔尔共事期间
“Working with Simon Wiesenthal, ”
我帮忙抓获了大批前纳兹分子
“I have helped to capture dozens of former Nazis”
他们遍布世界各地
“all around the world.”
-纳兹是什么 -是纳粹 纳粹
-What’s a Nazi? -Nazi. Nazi.
一种坏人
A bad person.
六个月前 上帝赐我好运
Six months ago, God smiled upon me
当你搬到高级社区后
when you moved to the senior housing community.
我马上就认出了你曾在奥斯维辛
I immediately recognized you from Auschwitz,
尽管你已经不记得我
although you did not remember me.
我们是那个狱区最后的幸存者
We are the last living survivors from our prison block.
除我之外 就只有你
Besides me, you are the only person
还能认出杀害我们家人的凶手
who could still recognize the face of the man who murdered our families.
西蒙·威森塔尔坚持认为
Simon Wiesenthal insisted
所有战犯都应当受到公开审判
that all war criminals be given public trials.
但是 我们不能给瓦利施这个机会
However, we cannot give Wallisch that opportunity.
尽管证据确凿
Even if there was enough proof,
他 跟我们一样 很可能
he, like us, would probably die
在被引渡德国之前已经去世
before he could be extradited to Germany.
我们都赞同 奥托·瓦利施必须死
We have agreed that Otto Wallisch must die.
你必须杀了他
You must kill him.
你答应 等露丝去世你就去
“You promised to go once Ruth died.
你答应了我 你也答应了露丝
“You promised me and you promised Ruth.”
你读得很棒
You did a very good job.
谢谢
Thanks.
露丝是谁
Who’s Ruth?
我的妻子
My wife.
我还以为 她能带点糖果给我
I thought she was bringing me candy.
我也是这么想的
I thought so, too.
对 我要去假日旅馆
Yes, I need to go to Holiday Inn Express
塔霍湖大道3961号♥
3961 Lake Tahoe Boulevard.
-在湖南岸 -对
-South Lake? -Yeah.
那得一个多小时
That’s over an hour away.
-哦 我带够钱了 -上车吧
-Oh, that’s… I have money. -Hop in.
-你好 泽夫 -是的
-Hello. Zev? -Yeah.
感谢上帝
Thank God.
你在哪
Where are you?
泽夫
Zev?
塔霍
Tahoe.
你明白你该怎么做
You understand what you must do
只剩一个人了
There’s only one left.
是的 我明白
Yeah, I understand…
我该怎么做
what I must do.
-早 -早上好
-Morning. -Good morning.
我想退房♥
I’d like to check out, please.
谢谢你
Thank you.
-你的手受伤了 -哦 对 是的
-You hurt your hand? -Oh, yes, yes.
-它 还好了 还能动 -不错
-It’s… Well, I can move. -Good.
好的 总共106美元20美分
Okay, that’ll be $106.20.
我想搭出租的钱是够了
I think I will have enough money for the taxi.
哦 我们也能用信♥用♥卡♥的
Oh, uh, we take credit cards, too.
是啊
Yeah.
谢谢你
Thank you.
塔霍 他在塔霍搞什么鬼
Tahoe? What the heck is he doing in Tahoe?
不 我正在租车
No, I’m just picking up a rental now
我想我会开车过去
and I guess I’ll just drive up there.
哦 听着 你能试着找到
Oh, look, can you try and find
他搭的那辆出租车 是哪家公♥司♥的吗
the name of the taxi company that picked him up?
谢谢你
Thank you.
需要帮忙吗
Can I help you?
鲁迪·库兰德 他在这住吗
Rudy Kurlander, he lives here?
-是的 -我能跟他聊聊吗
-Yes. -Can I speak with him?
他还睡着呢
He’s still sleeping.
好吧 我能在这儿等他 醒来吗
Well, could I wait for him to… wake up?
是要紧事
It’s important.
什么事啊
What’s this about?
呃 是私事
Well, it’s private.
而且他认得我 他认得我
And he knows me, he knows me.
我很久以前就认识他了
I knew him a long time ago.
-进来吧 -哦 谢谢你 谢谢你
-Come on in. -Oh, thank you. Thank you.
-需要来杯咖啡吗 您叫 -古特曼
-Do you want a cup of coffee, Mr… -Guttman.
可以 咖啡挺好 谢谢你
Yes, coffee would be nice. Thank you.
-呃 黑咖啡就好 -在客厅坐会儿
-Uh, just black. -Take a seat in the living room.
我去煮咖啡
I’ve got a pot brewing.
那是我家几年前重聚时拍的
That’s from our family reunion a couple years ago.
真是个大家庭
You have a big family.
我父亲总爱说 他生了一支足球队
My father likes to say he fielded a soccer team.
我是老小
I’m his youngest.
你母亲有多大
How old was your mother?
她年轻多了 父亲是二婚
She was a lot younger. It was his second marriage.
-谢谢你 -古特曼先生 我能问您个问题么
-Thank you. -Can I ask you a question, Mr. Guttman?
您的事跟奥斯维辛有关么
Does you being here have to do with Auschwitz?
是的
Yes.
我父亲可不愿谈论那事
My father’s not gonna want to talk about that.
我理解
I understand.
您愿意跟我们共进早餐吗 古特曼先生
Would you like to join us for breakfast, Mr. Guttman?
我做了些烤苹果饼
I’m making baked apple pancakes.
我不太饿 真是感谢你
I’m not very hungry. Thank you very much.
我不会打扰你太久的
I won’t bother you for long.
你确定 这可是家传秘制
Are you sure? It’s an old family recipe.
嗯 是的 我确定 可还是谢谢你
Mmm. Yes, I am sure, but thank you just the same.
您等我下 我去告诉父亲 您来了
If you’d excuse me, I am just going to run up and tell Dad you’re here.
好 好的
Yeah, yeah.
呃 你是谁
Uh, who are you?
哦 我是泽夫
Oh, I am Zev.
-嗨 泽夫 -英格
-Hi, Zev. -Inge
那是谁
Who is that?
那是你外公的老朋友
Well, it’s an old friend of your grandfather.
你喜欢瓦格纳
You like Wagner?
是啊 我一直都喜爱瓦格纳
Yes. I have always loved Wagner.
我女儿说 来了个我认识的奥斯维辛人
My daughter said someone I knew from Auschwitz was here.
但一个幸存者 不应该喜欢瓦格纳的 不是吗
But a survivor should not like Wagner, no?
音乐又不可恨
You can’t hate music.
我 没能在那些照片中认出你
I, uh, didn’t recognize your face in those pictures.
但是
But…
你的声音
Your voice…
没变
has not changed.
我知道 你总有一天会来找我的
I knew you would come to find me one day.
外公 泽夫是你朋友吗
Zev’s your friend, Poppy?
英格 请你回厨房♥去
Inge, please go back into the kitchen.
我得跟我朋友谈点事情
My friend and I need to discuss some things.
我没忘记你
I have not forgotten you.
来吧 我们到外面去
Please… let us go outside.
我不想让我的家人听见 我们要说的事
I do not want my family to hear…what we have to say.
已经有很久
It has been a long time…
没人认出从前的我了
since anyone knew who I was.
我甚至记不清有多久
I cannot even remember when.
这些年来 人们盯着我看
Over the years people have looked at me
我就以为他们认出我了 其实他们从来没有
and I think they know, but they never do.
或许他们只是太害怕 所以什么都不敢说
Or maybe they were just too scared to say anything.
有时候 我会到这来 说出自己的名字
Sometimes, I come out here and speak my name.
我自言自语
I talk to myself.
重新回忆起 那个以前的我
I remind myself of who I was.
只有这样 我才知道自己曾存在过
It is the only way to know I existed…
那个之前的我
before I became who I am now.
好吧 靠谎言过活 算什么人生
Well, living a lie is not a life.
我一直都知道 你会找到我
I always knew you would find me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!