谢谢 马修 他 他可能会杀了我
Thanks, Matt. He -He’d have killed me.
是啊 你还能撑到回家吧
Yeah. You gonna be able to make it home all right?
我看没问题
Won’t be no party, but he’ll make it.
-葛鲁特会给你弄点吃的 -当然
-Groot will fix you up with some food. -Sure.
多派匹马给他用
Take along an extra horse, huh?
可能会很痛
This might hurt.
你拔枪的实在是很快 马修
You’re fast with that gun, Matt. Awful fast.
但你心太软
But your heart’s soft. Too soft.
终有一天会吃亏的
Might get you hurt someday.
也许
Could be.
谁也说不定的
I wouldn’t count on it.
又吃牛肉
Beef again?
我想吃猪肉及黄豆
Yeah, I was figuring on having sow belly and beans.
但弄顿好吃的很花时间
Got a mite of that left, but it takes time to cook up a tasty meal.
三十个饿汉等着吃
I can’t whip up no “patty foy grass”
总不能在那做大菜吧
with 30 hungry drivers breathing down my neck.
我想吃点别的
I could eat something else.
不吃的话 就早点去睡
You’re gonna bed down early or have beef.
-我自己也不爱吃这个 -我也是
-I don’t like it myself. -Me neither.
-谁问你了 -我和你说的一样
-Who asked you to talk? -I was just saying the same as you.
等你到了我这年纪再说
Wait till you’re as old as me afore you talk like me.
-你怎么了 -这东西味道糟透了
-What’s the matter with you? -This stuff tastes awful.
我和大自然已尽了最大的努力
Me and nature done the best we could.
谁能把焦壳煮得像咖啡
You can’t make burnt grain taste like coffee.
杂碎 我要去告诉唐森
Lousy muck! I’d like to tell that Dunson –
倒点咖啡给我
Give me some coffee.
你刚才要和我说 提勒
What was it you wanted to tell Dunson, Teeler?
人怎么能吃这种食物
A man can’t eat this kind of food.
失去装食物的蓬车后 本就该回头
After we lost that other grub wagon, we should’ve turned back.
我们没回头 我们也没打算回头
Well, we didn’t turn back, and we’re not going to.
就算回头也补偿不了损失
And even if we had, I couldn’t replace what we lost.
我破产了 什么也买♥♥不起
I’m broke. Got nothing to buy it with.
你只好少吃点 喝着烂咖啡
So you’re on short rations and bad coffee…
就这么下去到赶集结束
and you’re gonna be until we finish the drive.
你得给我完成它
And you’re gonna finish it.
提勒 我欣赏他说的话
Teeler, I like what the man says.
不管欣不欣赏 情形便是如此
Like it or not, that’s it.
快来吃吧 你们这群饿汉
Come on and get it, you hungry hounds.
麻烦接踵而至
我叫沙特
My name’s Sutter.
替加德伍德工作
Been riding point for old man Carwood.
赶着两千多头牛
Over 2,000 head of –
我的脖子 好痛
My -My neck. It hurts.
他们用绳子弹着我脖子
They put a rope around it, and –
然后他们
and then they…
吃的不错
That food sure looks good.
我已经快四天没吃东西了 我
I haven’t had anything in over four days, and a…
他们就
a fella gets -a fella gets –
接住他
Grab him.
把他搬到这里来
Bring him over here.
好多了 我吃饱了
Yeah, that’s better. I was nearly all in.
-现在想听我说吗 -说吧
-Want to hear about it now? -Go ahead.
我们约有两千头牛
Well, we had nearly 2,000 head of cattle…
由老人加伍德率领着
belonging to old man Carwood.
直到大红河 一切都很顺利
Everything went fine till we crossed the Big Red…
后来就出事了
and then it happened.
我们到了瓦塔族的地方被袭
We got as far as the Ouachitas when they jumped us.
有多少人攻击你们
How many were in that bunch that jumped you?
大概有一百人吧
Maybe a hundred, I guess.
他们惊动牛群狂奔
They stampeded the cattle…
混乱中 趁我们逃出时一个个的逮住
then picked us off one by one as we came out.
根本一点机会也没有
We didn’t have a chance. Not a chance.
-为何要吊死你 -还有更糟的
-Why’d they put a rope on you? -They did worse than that.
他们把加伍德钉在车轮上
They nailed Carwood’s feet and hands to a wagon wheel.
等我找到他时他已经死了
He was dead when I got to him.
你怎么逃出来的
How’d you get loose?
运气好 绑我的那条绳子磨烂了
Just luck. The rope they put on me broke.
我们根本不该走那条路
We should never have gone that way.
不该在红河向北走
We should’ve turned north at the Big Red.
为何这么说
Why do you say that?
一个叫杰克·奇塞母的家伙 他是个印第安商人
A fella named Jess Chisholm, an Indian trader…
他说在全国留下了引路的记号♥
he told me he blazed a trail all through the Nations.
我们可寻着它一直走到堪萨斯
Said we could follow it clear to Kansas.
这么一来只须担心印第安人
That way we only have Indians to worry about.
到堪萨斯的哪里
Where in Kansas?
艾柏林 他说那儿有铁路
Abilene. Said there’s a rail road there.
-艾柏林有铁路 -当初谢里也这么说的
-Railroad? In Abilene? -That’s what Cherry was saying.
他说亲眼见到的
Did he say he saw it?
我
Well, I…
我想不起来了
I -I can’t remember.
把刮刀给我
Ah. Get me a razor.
-要和我们一起吗 -去哪 密苏里吗
-Want to come along with us? -Where to? Missouri?
-是的 -不 我受够了
-Yeah. -No. No, I’ve had enough.
-但求你留点食物给我 -没问题
-If you could spare a little food, though -Sure.
-我也受够了 -什么
-I’ve had enough too. -What?
我们永远无法完成这次赶集
We started a drive we’ll never finish.
我们会完成它的
We’ll finish the drive, Mailer.
我将在密苏里卖♥♥掉我的牛
And I’ll sell my beef in Missouri.
那我们一路上吃什么
What do we eat on the way?
-牛肉 -喝什么
-Beef. -What do we drink?
迫不得已连雨水都得喝
Rainwater, if we have to.
我不干 我要往南走
Not me. I’m heading south.
我受够了 唐森 除非我们往艾柏林去
I’ve had enough, Dunson, unless we try for Abilene.
你呢 费南迪
And you, Fernandez?
我也这么认为
Me, I think this way:
要死也得死在南方
If I’m going to die, I go south to die.
至少会有人在我坟上上花
My people can find my grave and put flowers on it.
但你们都签了约定
There was an agreement made when you signed on.
答应要完成这次赶集
You agreed to finish this drive.
-我要你们履行它 -怎么履行
-I’m gonna hold you to it. -How?
-我可不想杀掉你们 麦乐 -用什么
-I don’t want to have to kill you, Mailer. -With what?
好了 还有谁
All right, anybody else?
快说出来 我以后不想再听这话
Say it now, ’cause I don’t want to ever hear it again.
我不喜欢容易放弃的人
I don’t like quitters…
特别是半途而废之辈
especially when they’re not good enough to finish what they start.
快说吧 你可以和他们一样
Go on! Speak up! Say it, and you can join your friends here!
你上哪去
All I want is -Where are you going?
去干活
I’m gonna sit down.
你这儿有活要干
Well, you got work to do, you –
小心点
Watch it.
我只想倒杯水喝
I was just getting myself a drink of water.
我在听
I’m just listening.
去把这些家伙埋了
Well, there’s quitters to be buried.
我
I I I I
我明早给他们念祷辞
I’ll read over ’em in the morning.
安葬及念祷文
Plantin’ and readin’, plantin’ and readin’.
把人四周塞满了土
Fill a man full of lead…
将他埋在地下 再对他念祷文
stick him in the ground, and then read words at him.
为何在杀了人之后
When you’ve killed a man…
还要在给他的祷文朗读上帝
why try to read the Lord in as a partner on the job?
怎么
Well?
-你刚才不必那么做的 -你站他们那边
-You didn’t have to do that back there. -You joined in.
-我认为你错了 -你何不
-I thought you were wrong. -Why didn’t you…
不要给我说怎么想的
Don’t tell me what to think!
我只管你的工作 不管你想些什么
I’ll take your orders about work, but not about what to think.
你认为那是我的错
You think I’m to blame for that?
正是
Just as sure as you’re sitting there.
-所以呢 -所以我接受你的命令
-And so? -So I’ll take your orders.
-伤到腿了 -是
-Got you in the leg, huh? -Yeah.
-没什么大碍 -消消毒
-It ain’t bad. -Went clean through.
不该伤得这么轻