米克先生 我改变主意了
Mr. Meeker, I changed my mind about working with you.
不想再替你工作了
Can you use another hand?
-我们人手够了 -我想和你们去
-We’re full up. -I’d like to go with you.
我说过我们人手够了
I told you we’ve
我知道 但我想跟你们一起去
I heard you. I’d care to go along.
想在密苏里活命只怕不容易
Might find it harder to stay alive along the Missouri border.
是啊 我知道
Yeah, I might at that.
月薪十块 若牛只在铁路卖♥♥得好
Wages are $10 a month. Triple if the steers
价钱便加到3倍
bring $15 at the rail road.
-畜群若失 你也没了薪水 -挺公平的
-We lose the herd, you lose your wages. -Fair enough.
祝好运了
All right, good luck.
再见 米克先生
Good-bye, Mr. Meeker.
-照料他一下 马修 -好的
-Take care of him, Matt. -Sure.
雇我了
I take it I’m hired.
是的
You’re hired.
提勒 所有能跑的东西 全印上印吧
Brand ’em all, Teeler. Everything that can walk.
遵命 全部印上印
Yes, sir. Brand ’em all, boys! Get going!
-你该侍在后面的 -为什么
-You ought to stick around back there. -What for?
-看他们射击呀 -你猜他们会打起来吗
-See the shooting. -Why? You reckon they’re gonna fight?
还不会 他只先试探对方
No, not yet. They’ll just paw at each other.
想一探自己对手的实力 值得一瞧哦
Find out what they’re up against. Be worth seeing.
可能吧
Could be.
-来帮我一下 -好的
-Let’s give ’em a hand over here. -Sure.
这把枪挺帅的 我能看看吗
That’s a good-looking gun. Can I see it?
或许你也想看看我的
Maybe you’d like to see mine.
好呀 真是好枪
Nice, awful nice.
世上只有两样东西比好枪美
There are only two things more beautiful than a good gun:
瑞士表或女人
a Swiss watch, or a woman from anywhere.
有过瑞士表吗
You ever had a good Swiss watch?
开枪吧 试试看
Go ahead, try it.
嘿 这很棒吧
Hey, that’s very good.
嘿 这也很帅哦
Hey, hey, that’s good too.
来吧 继续
Go on, keep it going.
这下我知道你是谁了
Yeah, now I know who you’d be.
-你是马修·卡地 对不 -正是
-You’d be Matthew Garth, wouldn’t you? -That’s right.
和传闻一样棒 也许和我一样厉害
You’re as good as they say you are. Maybe as good as me.
咱们均是榜上第一
That puts two of us at the head of the list.
给第三名留块地方吧
I’d leave room for a third.
-是吗 谁 -唐森
-Yeah? Who? -Dunson.
他有那么厉害
Is he that good?
是他教我的
He taught me.
真的
Yeah?
-情形如何 -那些枪声是怎么回事
-How we doing? -What was all that shooting a while back?
有史以来最会玩枪的两个人
Two of the best men with a gun anybody’d ever see’d together.
-谁呀 -马修和谢里·瓦朗斯
-Who? -Matt and Cherry Valance.
-凡尔佛达来的那个人 -对
-From Val Verde? -Yeah.
-怎么了 -他们在玩
-What happened? -They was having some fun.
玩法还真奇怪
Peculiar kind of fun.
为未来打量对方
Sizing each other up for the future.
他们俩有得纠缠
Them two is gonna tangle for certain,
好戏上场啰
and when they do, it ain’t gonna be pretty.
这一路上够他们闹了 有多少面粉
They got a thousand miles to do it in. How much flour?
-28袋 -豆呢
-Twenty-eight.-Beans?
-12箱 -糖够吧
-Twelve. -Plenty sugar?

Yeah.
我总认为马修比较快一点
You know, Bunk, I always figured Matt was better than.
喂 你不怀好意
Say, I could take that personal.
我甚至可以轻易削下你鼻子
I could take your nose off just as easy.
小小年纪就偷糖 快干活去
A man of your age stealing sugar. Get the rest of that stuff.
好的 老爹
All right, Pop.
还没出发就搞这种事
Lapping up sugar afore we even started.
马修
Hiya, Matt.
-庄家叫牌 -看一下
-Your bet, Teeler. -Check.
一银元
Me bet one silver dollar.
一银元 三天的工资呀
One silver dollar? Why, that’s three days’ pay.
我下注一银元 不跟的话就蒙住脸
Bet one silver dollar. Put up or keep face closed.
蒙住脸 拜托你讲英文行不行
“Keep face closed”? Why don’t you talk English?
赌注太大 不跟了
It’s too much for me.
你呢 葛鲁特
What about you, Groot? What do you say?
我最讨厌”高兴的”印第安人
Look. Anything I hate, it’s a happy lnjun.
看那张脸
That gaping puss!
谁知道他是不是在骗人
How’s a body to tell whether an lnjun’s running a bluff?
-我看在骗人 -我跟就盖吧
-Think he’s bluffing. -Look, will you call or fold?
-马修 借一元钱给我吧 -不行
-Yeah. Hey, Matt, how about the loan of a silver dollar? -No.
-有何不可 -只能玩台面上的钱 -是
-Why not? -Is it table stakes? -Yeah.
他没有错 只能赌台面上的东西
Quo’s right. Bet what you’ve got on the table and that’s all.
该死 一手好牌却没钱赌
Doggone the luck: me with a good hand and nothing to bet.
袋子是什么
What in bag?
袋子里 是我的假牙 不能拿来当赌注
The bag? Oh, them’s my store teeth. Couldn’t bet them. They…
看 郭
Now, look, Quo.
-这假牙不止一银元 -啊
-Them teeth’s worth more than your silver dollar. -Ah.
-你还有钱吗 -没有
-Got any more money? -No.
没啦
No more money, eh?
我愿付你二毛五利息
I’ll bet you a quarter interest in my teeth against your silver dollar.
不干
No.
-五毛 -好
-A half interest against your dollar. -Ah.
瞧 这也算赌注呀
You heard him. it’s a bet.
亮牌 一对
There it is, boys, back to back.
-三条 -“三条”
-Three men. -“Three men.”
这该死的小鬼
Dumb Cherokee!
赢了我的假牙
Betting a silver dollar against a half interest in my store teeth…
这下他连铁
and him with a set fitting to chew the brand off
都嚼得下去了
the tough end of a longhorn.
等一下 你不会真拿吧
You ain’t gonna take a man’s only teeth?
-嗯 -我得用它来嚼东西啊
-Ah. -But I gotta use ’em for eatin’!
要嚼就来我这拿
Come grub, you get… um.
你拿了它能干什么呢
What are you gonna do with ’em?
从今以后我就叫”双鄂郭”
My name now Two -Jaw Quo.
“双鄂郭”
“Two-Jaw Quo.”
和印第安人赌搞来这种下场
That’s what I get for playing with an lnjun.
这帽子我戴了很久了 还不想送人
I’ve worn this hat a long time, and I’m going to continue.
你若有异议 最好快说
If you got any objections, I’ll hear ’em now.
-它是你的了 -兄弟 明智之举
-It’s your hat, brother. -You made a wise decision.
想站起来了吗
Would you be wantin’ to get up now?
嗯 咱们明天动身
Well, we start tomorrow.
赶一万头牛羊到密苏里去
We’re going to Missouri with 10,000 head.
你们许多人都是战后回到德州
Most of you have come back to Texas from the war.
却发现一无所有 家也没了
You came back to nothing. You found your homes gone…
牛羊群也散了 土地被投机者偷了
your cattle scattered, and your land stolen by carpetbaggers.
没有钱也没有工作
There’s no money and no work…
因为南方根本没有牛肉市场
because there’s no market for beef in the South.
但密苏里有 所以我们要到那里去
But there is in Missouri, so we’re going to Missouri.
-听说康柏林 -康柏林没成功
-I hear tell Cumberland has -Cumberland didn’t make it.
没人成功过 我来就是告诉你们
No one else has. That’s the reason I’m here.
要弄清楚你们面对的是什么
I want you all to know what you’re up against.
也许你们已知道 但我要再确定
You probably already know, but I want to make sure you do.
我们要赶一千里路
We got a thousand miles to go.
一天赶十里不错了 能赶十五里就算运气
Ten miles a day will be good. Fifteen will be luck.
沿路没有什么水源
There’ll be dry country, dry wells when we get to ’em.
会有强风暴雨
There’ll be wind and rain.
还有印第安人区 我不知道会有多糟
There’s gonna be Indian territory… how bad, I don’t know.
到了密苏里州界还会遇上强盗
When we get to Missouri, there’ll be border gangs.
一路上困难重重
It’s gonna be a fight all the way…
但我们仍会到达
but we’ll get there.
你们不必担心
Nobody has to come along.
回来后 我仍有工作给你
I’ll still have a job for you when we get back.
但给我记住:
But remember this:
每个人必须签约完成这次赶集
Every man who signs on for this drive agrees to finish it.
中途不许有人退出 我不辞你
There’ll be no quitting along the way-not by me
你也不准辞
and not by you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!