我说有很多事你都不知道
I said there’s a lot of things you don’t know about, Mr. Dunson.
什么事
What?
-先是不让我去的事 -说下去
-First off, about me going on this here drive. -Go ahead.
-密苏里离此一千里 -没错
-It’s a thousand miles to Missouri, ain’t it? -Right.
你认为我和我的病腿不能骑马
You figure me and my bad leg couldn’t ride that far.
没错
That’s it.
我可以驾蓬车
It might be I could ride a chuck wagon.
我们已经有厨子了
We’ve already got a cook.
正是 唐森先生
That is right, Mr. Dunson.
但可能是个老厨子
But might be old Cookie might not like…
不想再长途跋涉
grubbing the trip all that way.
这回听清楚没有
You heard me good that time, didn’t you?
也许是个想看看异地风景的老厨子呢
It might be old Cookie would like a change of scenery.
我也许可以说服他
It might be I already persuaded him,
也许他是个容易被说动的人
’cause he up and quit this morning!

Then it might
也许我们能说服你去驾那辆蓬车
be we could persuade you to drive the chuck wagon.
也许吧 唐森先生
Might be, Mr. Dunson. Might be.
你这把枪不错 怎么拿来点火柴
That’s a pretty nice gun you’re scratching those matches on.
你的枪法练得怎样
How is your gun arm?
过去几年常用
I’ve been using it a lot the last few years.
替我牵马过来 马修
Get me my horse, will you, Matt?
枪是有趣的 拔枪
Funny things about guns. Draw!
-好些年没听到那个了 -他击败你了
-I haven’t heard that in a lot of years. -He beat you.
他确实击败你了
He sure did beat me.
他只比你快一点点
I’d say he’s just a little faster, just a mite faster than you was.
马修 画张我们谈论过的路线图
Matt, draw up a map of that country we were talking about, and…
我画好了 放在你桌上
I did. it’s on your desk.
很多事你都比较快一点
A mite faster about a lot of things.
再见
I’ll see you later.
一年来头一回见他有笑容
That’s the first time in one year I’ve seen a grin on his face…
除了几天前你回来那次
excepting the other day when you come home.
-你没看见别的吗 -嗯
-Didn’t you see anything else? -Huh?
谈到牛群时他脸上的表情
That look on his face when he was talking about the cattle.
-他在害怕 -害怕
-He’s afraid. -“Afraid”?
-你疯了 -是吗
-Why, you’re crazy, you’re loony, you’re -Am I?
是啊 我也很害怕
Oh, sure, sure. I’m a-scared too.
但我一直在这看着
But I’ve been here watchin’ and seein’ and
-看着什么 -看着一个人奋斗
-Seein’ what? -Seein’ a man fightin’…
认真维持这个地方
with his soul and gut to hang on to this place.
整整十四年哪 也让他付出相当的代价
Fourteen years of it. And it cost him dear too.
他为此失去了一位女子
Cost him a woman, the only woman he ever wanted.
-是啊 -对 你也知道这事
-Yeah. -Yeah, you knew about that.
那些躺在地下的人
Cost him the killing of them seven graves,
也夺走此地
men who tried to take the place from him.
但这并不是艰难的部分
But that weren’t hard. Not that.
是啊 这他很在行 还有呢
No, he knows that kind of fighting. What else?
你走后便发生了战争
And then come the war, while you was away.
他从中学到了许多
He learned a lot of things for hisself.
他了解到牧场便是财富
He learned a ranch ain’t only beef, but it’s money.
但战争却夺走了南方的财富
But the war took all the money out of the South.
他对金钱一无所知 他不曾富过
He didn’t know about money..
他根本无所适从
He didn’t know what to do.
-你是说他不知该找谁算钱 -没错
-You mean, he just doesn’t know who to fight. -Yep.
没关系
That’s all right.
他等着你回来把畜群赶往北方
He’s just been waiting for you to head the herd north…
做一次前所未有的大迁移
in a fool drive that’s never been done before.
万头牛羊向密苏里去
Nine, ten thousand head of cattle clear to Missouri.
-我们能办到 -我们
-We could make it. -“We”?
马修
Well, Matt, I’m…
我很高兴你回来 因为
I’m glad you come home, ’cause…

well…
我很高兴你回来了
I’m glad you come home.
放开它
Let him go.
这是迪牙哥的
Hey, Matt, it’s a Diego.
-放他走吧 -放他走
-Let him go. -Let him go.
还有一只米克的
And another Meeker.
-让它走 -等一下
-Turn him loose. -Hold it’.
-把它印上印 -那是米克的牧场牛
-Put a brand on him. -It’s a Meeker steer.
我说印上就印上
I said brand him.
它身上有米克的记号♥
He’s wearing a Meeker iron.
我没瞧见哪
I can’t see it.
-印上印吧 -好 下一个是迪牙哥的
-Brand him. -All right, but the next up is another Diego.
印上吧
Brand him.
把它也印上印 全把它们印上印 提勒
Put the iron on all of them, Teeler.
看得见的东西全印上”红河D”印深一点
Anything you see, slap it with a Red River D, and burn it deep.
怎么了
Why not?
到时候 除了我的以外
You’re gonna wind up branding every rump
全德的屁♥股♥上全印上你的印了
in the state of Texas except mine.
把那块铁拿来 提勒
Hand me that iron, Teeler.
-你不认为我会那么做吧 -当然啦
-Don’t think I’d do it, do you? -No.
马修 我要去密苏里
Matt, I’m going to Missouri…
把所有可据为己有的牧牛都带去
with every steer, cow, and bull I can lay my hands on.
我想米克看到他的资产上有我们的印子
I think Meeker might be real pleased…
会很高兴
to see our brand on his stock.
这我来和他谈
That I’ll argue with Meeker.
也许现在正是时候
And now might be a good time.
他还带了帮手来
He’s even got some people to back him up.
我要去瞧瞧
I want to see this.
你们好 唐森 马修
Hiya, Dunson, Matt.
听说你要赶牧群 唐森
I hear you’re making a drive, Dunson.
消息传得真快 我们要去密苏里
News travels fast. Yeah, we’re going to Missouri.
我也是这么听说 昨天我还听说另一件事
That’s what I heard. I also heard something else yesterday.
我有个邻居赶了三千头到红河
Cumberland, a neighbor of mine, drove 3,000 to the Red River.
就在要过州界时 匪徒出现
When he got across, the Missouri border gangs jumped him…
抢了畜群 杀了他
stole the herd, killed all his men.
-运气真差 -你知道此事
-Hard luck. -You know about it?
我还知道卡莫林和其他的人
Yeah, I know about Cumberland and Schreiber and a lot of others.
没人可夺走我的牛羊
But nobody’s gonna take my cattle.
我也不希望别人夺走我的
I don’t want anybody to take mine either.
听说我有些牛朝这儿来
I hear some of my brand wandered this way.
-介意我瞧瞧吗 -我介意
-Mind if we look your herd over? -I do mind.
要阻止我们
You’d stop us?
-是啊 -你不能让那马别动吗
-Yeah, we would. -Can’t you hold that horse still?
怎么样 还要去瞧瞧吗 米克先生
Well? Shall we take that look around, Mr. Meeker?
你八成是新来的
Say, you must be new around here.
-我告诉过你 -我听见了
-I told you we’d stop -I heard you.
怎么样 米克先生
Well, Mr. Meeker?
-也许我可以介绍你们认识 -你叫什么
-Maybe I should introduce you two before -Who are you?
大家叫法不一
Some call me one thing, some another.
通常都叫你什么
What do they call you most?
叫我名字 谢里·瓦朗斯
By my name: Cherry Valance.
-凡尔佛达来的 -凡尔佛达
-Of Val Verde? -Val Verde way.
-没错 我们听过你的名字 -谢谢
-Yeah, we’ve heard of you. -Thanks.
听说你的枪法不错 有多好
They say you’re good with a gun. How good?
活命不成问题吧
I manage to stay alive.
-那就不错了 -还想拦我们吗
-You’ve been doing pretty good. -Still want to stop us?
是啊
Yeah.
米克先生 你说呢
Well, Mr. Meeker, what do you say?
刚才我便会答应你 但现在
Well, at one time, I would’ve said yes. But now…
汤姆 我拥有过一切
Look, Tom, everything I’ve got’s
我知道 我也一样
Yeah, I know. Me too.
好吧 我们会分出你的牛
All right, we rounded up some of your stock…
以及迪牙哥和其他人的
some of Diego’s, and some of everybody else’s around here.
-然后呢 -我是既没时间也不打算归还
-And? -I haven’t got the time or inclination to cut ’em out.
我会把它们带到密苏里
I’ll drive ’em to Missouri
等我回来后 每头给你们两块钱
and give you two dollars a head when I get back.
-若你没回来呢 -那你就赌一赌吧
-And if you don’t get back? -That’s your gamble.
我答应 其实这也不错 好算合我意
I reckon it is. Not a bad one either.
好 算合我意
All right. Suits me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!