We’ll probably keep going clear to Canada.
我们会找到的
We’ll find it.
若真找到 没铁路也是很惨
If we do, it’ll be awful tough if the rail road ain’t there.
那里一定有铁路
We’ll keep driving till we find it.
等一等
Hey, hold it a minute.
那是什么声音
What was that?
-我听见了 我以前没听过这种声音
-I heard it, but it was nothing I heard before.
我们成功了
We made it!
-你好 -你好 你好
-Hi. -Howdy, howdy, howdy.
我们在寻找艾柏林
We’re looking for Abilene.
很高兴见到你们
Mister, I sure am glad to see you!
-你们要去艾柏林 -你说对了
-You go to Abilene? -You’re a sight to behold!
要是告诉我们艾柏林在哪儿
If you’d tell us where Abilene would be,
我们便让路给你过去
we’ll get out of your way.
先生 先让我大饱眼福吧
Mister, let me sit here and feast my eyes.
你们这下可是发了
you can sit on them tracks till kingdom come.
-我们只想到艾伯林去 -不用急
-All we want to do is get to Abilene. -Don’t rush me.
想到那里去可以走一条捷径
But if you want, you can take the shortcut there
大约要走12里
about 12 miles.
也可沿这条铁路 不过比较久
Or you can follow the track. It’s a little longer.
我们就走捷径
We’ll take the shortcut.
我会停这一整天等你们过去
I’ll wait all day for you to cross.
-不要慌 -咱们艾柏林见
-Take your time! -See you in Abilene!
-请你再拉一次气笛好吗 -没问题
-Mister, can you blow that whistle one more time? -Sure can!
-你瞧瞧 -这家伙
-Just look at that! -Son of a gun!
闻起来都舒服
They even smell good!
-就在眼前了 马修 -是
-There she is, Matt. -Yeah.
我总以为我们办不到
There was times I thought we was never gonna make it.
他们似乎很高兴见到咱们
Hey, it looks like
像我们见到他们一样高兴
they’re as glad to see us as we are them!
-你们好 -嗨
-Howdy do. -Hi!
-欢迎到艾柏林 带头的是谁 -我
-Welcome to Abilene. Who’s in charge? -I am.
-我叫麦维尔 -马修·卡地
-My name’s Melville. -Matthew Garth.
很高兴见到你 卡地先生
We sure are glad to see you, Mr. Garth.
火车司机说你们要来
Engineer told us you were coming.
他已先热烈欢迎过我们了
He gave us a fine welcome.
去畜栏怎么走最好
What’s the best way to the stockyard?
直接从城里走去
Drive ’em straight through town.
他们没怎么训练过
They’re not exactly housebroke.
没关系的
That’s all right.
我们等这已经很久了
We been waiting a long time for this.
你直接赶他们走那条主街
You just drive them straight down that main street…
我们想和你们并骑马
We’d like to ride along with you.
没问题 把它们赶过来吧
Sure. Come on. Keep ’em coming.
1865年8月14日这天
记下奇塞母路线上
第一次成功的赶集
真是壮观 卡地先生
it’s a great sight, Mr. Garth.
你不知道这有多壮观
I don’t believe you realize what a great sight it is.
-谢里 把它们留在那 -好
-Cherry, hold ’em there. -Right.
我想好好和你谈谈生意
I’d like to have a business talk with you.
他们能处理牛群吧
Can these boys handle things?
-这一千多里路上都是他们做的 -皮特
-They’ve been doing it for over a thousand miles. -Pete!
巴斯特 巴斯特
Buster. Buster.
-谢里 麻烦你一下 -没问题
-Cherry, watch things, will you? -Sure.
进来吧 各位
Come on in, boys.
-怎么了 -看这屋顶
-What’s the matter? -The roof is funny.
三个月没呆在屋顶下了
We haven’t been under one in three months.
坐吧 咱们来谈谈生意
Sit down. Let’s talk a little business.
卡地先生 我
Mr. Garth, I’m –
-你叫什么 -马修
-Say, what is your first name? -Matthew.
我是伊利诺的绿林贸易公♥司♥
I’m the Greenwood Trading Company of Illinois.
我想买♥♥你的牛
I’d like to buy your beef.
我们亦为此而来
That’s why we came.
-你们有多少头 -确切的数字我也不清楚
-How many you got? -I don’t know exactly.
开始时约有九千多头
We started out with well over 9,000.
不得了
Man alive!
基本上约损失了六七百只
We’ve lost 600 or 700 on the way.
全部赶进来也得晚上八♥九♥点点
We won’t have ’em all in here till 8:00 or 9:00 tonight.
牛栏能关的牛只尚不及一半
We haven’t got corrals for half that number.
可以把它们留在街上
We could leave them right in the streets.
它们累了可以就地休息
They’re tired. They should stay put.
可以 没问题 开价多少
Sure. That’ll be all right. What’s your price?
这个嘛 这方面我是新手
Well, uh, I’m kinda new at this.
你开价好了
Would you make me an offer?
好 20块
All right, 20 dollars.
你 一头牛
You -A head?
一头牛20元
Twenty dollars a head.
这个嘛
Well, uh –
你做到这事
Oh, how can a man deal with someone
实在很难开价
who’s done what you’ve done?
我给你最高价 不管谁出多少
I’ll give you top price that anyone else offers…
我再加五块 整个牛群我都要
for a lot of 500, and I’ll take the whole herd.
看来你得买♥♥下一大堆牛肉了
Looks like you’re gonna buy yourself a lot of beef.
那火车司机若在场
If that engineer was here,
我定要叫他再拉气笛
I’d get him to blow his whistle again!
我立刻起程 等你晚上来签
I’ll draw up a contract and have it ready tonight.
巴斯特和我会去打听价钱
Buster and I’ll ask around and find out
看看你到底得付多少
what you’re gonna have to pay.
-我们几小时后再回来 -你还需要什么
-We’ll be back in a couple of hours. -Need anything else?
比如说现金
Some cash?
我的确需要一些 好付他们薪水
I sure could use some. I’d like to pay off the men.
好 今晚一并给你准备好
All right. It’ll be waiting for you tonight.
好 谢了 麦先生
All right. Thanks, Mr. Melville.
-再见 -再见
-So long. -So long.
他们的确打此经过
They crossed here, all right.
差不多四五个钟头以前
Not over four or five hours ahead.
拿去 马修
Here you are, Matt.
你得签了这份
You’ll have to sign this.
这是给托马斯·唐森的支票 面额五万元
Here’s a check to Thomas Dunson for $50,000.
其他的等计算牛只后
The rest will be paid
以每头21块钱的价格付给你
when the tally’s finished at $21 a head.
我已把你要付给
You see I’ve taken a credit here
手下的薪水带来了
for the money you wanted to pay off your men.
我猜
I suppose –
-我猜他们定在大肆庆祝 -他们有这权利
-I suppose they’ll be celebrating. -They’ve got a right to.
当然
Of course they have.
人一辈子有三次
There’s three times in a man’s life
有权这么庆祝
when he has the right to yell at the moon:
一是结婚 一是生子
when he marries, when his children come…
还有一个便是完成工作后
and -and when he finishes a job he had to be crazy to start.
你想何时离开 马修
Well, when do you expect to be leaving, Matt?
我不知道
I don’t exactly know.
你要等唐森来 是吗
You’re gonna wait for Dunson, huh?
我和你的手下谈过了
I’ve been talking to some of your men.
那张支票以及
Isn’t that check…
你到达此地的事实
and the fact you got
难道也不能使事情有所改观吗
here gonna make any difference?
我想不能
I don’t think so, Mr. Melville.
可能我是疯了 但
I suppose I’m crazy, but-
-你要我逃跑 -不
-You want me to run away? -No.
当然不是
Of course not.
我 我能和他谈谈吗
Couldn’t -Couldn’t I talk to him?
在那之后我还是得和他谈
I’d still have to talk to him after that.
晚安 麦先生
Good night, Mr. Melville.
-好好睡一觉 -我需要的
-Get a good night’s sleep. -Yeah, I could use some.
-晚安 -晚安
-Evening, Mr. Melville. -Evening.
你好 事情还没解决吗
Well, work’s not done yet, huh?
是的 先生
No, sir.
你们最好看着它解决了 我也很喜欢那孩子
Well, you fellas see you get ‘er done. I like that boy too.
事情结束后 我请大家喝酒
And I’ll buy the drinks when it’s over.
他在镇外两三里处扎营
He’s -He’s camped two or three miles outside of town.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!