Over here.
你们有人受伤吗 谢里
Were any of your men hurt, Cherry?
没有 我们运气很好
Not enough to count. We were lucky. We were –
我说我们运气不错
I said we were lucky.
抱歉 我只是
I’m sorry. I was just –
知道了 不用看了 他不会来
I know. There’s no use looking, Millay. He won’t be coming.
我想也是 我只是 他人在哪儿
I didn’t really think he would. I just -Where is he?
看着牛群
Out with the herd, watching.
-他叫什么 谢里 -马修·卡地
-What’s his name, Cherry? -Matthew Garth.
马修·卡地
Matthew Garth.
-肩膀还痛吗 -一点点
-Shoulder hurt much? -A little.
我把一切都搞砸了 对不
I made a mess of things, didn’t I?
我不知道 我又不在 发生了什么事
I don’t know. I wasn’t there. What happened?
他看了我一眼 便断定了是个
Took one look at me and made up his mind I was one of a bunch of-
他只看了一眼
One look -that’s all he took.
我生气了 虽不算是借口 我
Got mad. Wasn’t any excuse. I just –
是
Yeah.
告诉我他为什么那么做 谢里
Tell me why he did that, Cherry.
这很复杂 我也不完全清楚
Well, there’s a lot to it. I don’t know the whole –
葛鲁特 过来一下
Hey, Groot, come here.
这位是茉蕾小姐
This is Miss Millay.
你好 女士
Howdy, ma’am.
他是葛鲁特 比谁都了解马修
He’s Groot. He knows more about Matt than anyone else.
她想知道他的事
She’d like to know about him.
你想知道什么
Just what did you want to know?
-什么都想知道 葛鲁特 -为什么
-Anything you can tell me, Groot. -Why?
今天他进来 我遇见他
See, I met Matt today, just after he rode in.
我们处得不太好
We didn’t get along very well…
我想找出原因
and I want to find out why.
他认为我是一个
See, he thought I was one of a bunch –
别动 站住
Hold it. Right there.
别紧张 巴斯特 是我 马修
It’s all right, Buster. It’s me, Matt.
我还以为是
I thought it was –
你瞧我
Oh, look at me.
这雾令我很不安
The fog’s got me jump.
希望会下雨
Wish it’d rain.
他不会在雾中击败你 巴斯特
He wouldn’t pick you off in the fog, Buster.
我知道
No, I -I know it.
你来之前我什么东西也没看见
I ain’t seen a thing till you come by.
我午夜再回来
I’ll be back at midnight.
让葛鲁特给你弄点吃的
Get Groot to fix you some food.
我们明早出发
We’re starting in the morning.
就这样 现在你了解他一些了
And that’s the story. Now you know more about him.
是的
Yeah.
若你是我 会怎么做
What would you do if you were me?
如果我是你
If I was you?
女人就是女人 我不是你
Ain’t that just like a woman? I ain’t you.
你长得像我这样怎么受得了
How far do you think you’d get with a puss like mine?
若他愿意 我想和他聊聊
I’d like to talk to him if he’ll talk to me.
我们顶多再呆几个小时而已
We ain’t gonna be here but a few more hours.
天亮我们就走了
Morning at the latest, we’ll be gone.
我知道 但我仍想和他谈谈
I know. I still want to talk to him.
-你真要如此 -我想
-That’s the way you want it, huh? -That’s the way I want it.
好的 我去看她在哪儿
All right. I’ll go see where he’s at.
马修
Matthew?
马修·卡地
Matthew Garth?
在这儿
Over here.
葛鲁特说可以在此找到你 我想和你谈谈
Groot said I’d find you here. I wanted to talk to you.
可以吗 我想说
Is it all right? I wanted to –
你在发抖 你以为我是汤姆
You’re shaking. You thought I was Dunson.
是 你怎知道
Yeah. Hey, how did you know –
我知道一些 葛鲁特告诉我了
I know a little bit about it. Groot told me.
真奇怪 我没想到你会怕
But it’s funny -I didn’t imagine you being scared.
你似乎不像会怕的人
It doesn’t seem to fit.
-像啊 -大概吧
-It fits. -I guess it does.
这可使事态明朗 帮助很大
It makes things clear. It helps.
帮助什么
Helps what?
我知道你的感受 我也害怕
I know how you feel. I’m scared too.
所以我要和你谈谈
That’s why I’m talking.
因为克服恐惧的最好的方法
It’s the best thing when you feel that way.
便是不停地说话 是真的
Just talk and keep on talking. Really, it is.
我常和自己说话 即使是在镜子前也是
I talk to myself even if I have to sit in front of a mirror.
-我可以看见自己 -你不用这么做
-I can just see myself -You don’t have to.
我就在此 你可以和我谈 会有帮助的
You can talk to me. I’m right here, and if it’d help –
你也可以叫我少管闲事
Please, you can tell me to mind my own business…
高兴的话 甚至可以打我
and if it would help any, you can hit me…
我不会生气的 若你能谈谈
like I did you, right across the mouth…
对你有好处 我也很想和你谈谈
but it’d be good to talk, and I’d like to talk, so there’s no –
求求你 我真的想和你谈谈
Please, I’d really like to talk to you.
我想这比对着镜子好点
I’d like it better than talking to a mirror.
我想多知道一些他的事 为何他会那么想
I want to know more about him. Why does he think that way?
因为他到了一个地方
Because he got to a place where –
他使了无一物的土地
You see, he’d taken empty land used for nothing…
变成德州最大的牧场
made it the biggest ranch in the state of Texas.
还得维持它
Fought to keep it.
开始时只有一头公牛和一头母牛
A flat -nosed bull and one cow -that’s all he started with.
-而且 -然后呢
-And, well -Well what?
在他成功得到想要的东西后
After he’d gotten what he’d been after for so long,
那些东西变得一文不值
it wasn’t worth anything.
连拥有的价值都没有
It wasn’t worth it.
所以他便开始这次赶集
So he started this drive.
大家都说他绝不可能成功
Everyone said, “You can’t make it. You’ll never get there.”
他却是唯一相信会成功的人
He was the only one believed we could.
他必须这么相信
He had to believe.
所以他开始我行我素
So he started thinking one way -his way.
命令别人依他之命行事
He told the men what to do and made ’em do it.
不然我们也不会这么做的
Otherwise we wouldn’t have got as far as we did.
他一心只想到密苏里
He started ’em for Missouri, and all he knew was he had to get there.
-我便夺了他的牛群 -你很爱他吧
-And I took his herd away from him. -You love him, don’t you?
他一定也很爱你
And he must love you.
这样就好办了
That wouldn’t be hard.
你喜欢这个吗
Did you like that?
我做决定的速度确实有点慢
I’ve always been kind of slow making up my mind.
也许我可以帮得上忙
Maybe I can help.
不需要帮忙了 再来一次吧
I don’t need any more help, but will you do that again?
-真的很好吃 -当然了
-That was sure good. -Yeah.
有东西煮 还怕烧不出好菜
Anybody can fix good vittles if they have something to cook.
我饿坏了 什么都吃得下
I’m so hungry, I could eat anything.
-你干嘛不吃 -郭正去捡柴
-Why don’t you eat, then? -Quo’s out gathering wood.
送他出去前我在想吃的东西 你好 谢里
I sent him out afore I thought about eating. Hi, Cherry.
雨好大 河水位在上涨
It’s raining hard in the hills. The river’s rising.
再这样下去 要过河就难了
If it gets worse, we’ll have a bad time crossing.
我可不想被困在河的这边
Don’t want to get stuck on this side.
我也这么想
That’s what I was thinking.
-该有人去向马修说 -我去和他说
-Somebody ought to tell Matt. -I’ll tell him.
马修 谢里刚才在说雨下得很大
Hey, Matt, Cherry was just saying it’s raining hard
我听见了
Yeah, I heard.
我刚一直在想
I was figuring that way myself.
我们现在就动身
We’re leaving now.
快动身吧 今晚就过河
Let’s get started. We’re crossing tonight.
谢里 你带头 巴斯特
Cherry, take the point. Buster,
先把牛群赶到平地来
start the bunch down on the flats first.
-葛鲁特 尽快出发 -没别的事了
-Get going as soon as you can, Groot. -Anything else?
-咱们总不能带她走吧 -我们可以
-We can’t take her with us, can we? -Well, we could, uh –
什么
What?
不 我想不行
No. No, I don’t suppose we could.
你上哪去了 去得真久
Where have you been? It took you long enough!
现在要走了 我却什么都没吃
Now we’re moving, and I ain’t had nothing to eat!
快收拾东西吧
Come on, start packing.
在这同时 唐森召集好人手
已开始追上来
还需要什么吗 女士