立兹太太和杰科比太太是主要目标
Mrs. Leeds and Mrs. Jacobi were the primary targets.
其它被杀的人只是为满足他的幻想
The others were killed just to complete his fantasy.
现在,我知道要接受这个事实对你们很难
WILL: I know that might be hard to accept given what you saw…
但是这不是偶发事件
but this was not random.
他不像有些杀人狂,他从来不会失控
This wasn’t some killing frenzy. He was never out of control.
这些攻击都是计划好的,他小心地挑选女人
These attacks were organized, the women carefully chosen.
我们不知道他为什么、又是如何找上她们
We don’t know how he’s choosing them, or why.
她们住在不同州,而且彼此未曾谋面
They lived in different states and never met.
但是还是有一些关联
But there is some connection.
有一些共同的原因,而且是关键
There’s some common factor, and that’s the key.
找到这些关键因素,我们就能救人
Find out what that is, and we’ll save lives.
否则,这种案子会一直持续下去…
‘Cause this one is gonna go on and on…
除非我们变聪明,或是我们运气好
until we get smart or we get lucky.
他是不会罢休的
He won’t stop.
为什么? 因为他觉得他是上帝
– Why not? – Because it makes him God.
你会放弃吗?
Would you give that up?
你问到狗,昨晚一个兽医打电♥话♥给我们
You asked about the dog. Last night a vet called us.
立兹和他的大儿子…在他们被杀前的…
Leeds and his oldest boy brought the dog in…
那个下午…带狗去他那里
the afternoon before they were killed.
那只狗的肚子被刺破了
Had a puncture wound to its abdomen.
兽医只好让它安乐死
The vet had to put it down.
那只狗的狗环上有地址吗?
Was it wearing a collar with the address on it?
没有
No.
杰科比一家有养狗吗? 没有
– Did the Jacobis have a dog? – No dog.
他们在地下室发现了个小箱子…
They found a litter box in the basement…
有猫的粪便,但是没有猫
cat droppings in it, no cat.
如果猫被攻击了,杰科比一家人可能已经把它埋了
If the cat was attacked, the Jacobis may have buried it.
要伯明翰警局到后院搜寻
Ask Birmingham to check that backyard.
告诉他们…使用甲烷比较快
And tell them to use a methane probe, it’s faster.
[Telephone rings]
是的,你的电♥话♥
Yeah. It’s for you.
克劳佛
Crawford.
卡尔,你是我的救星
Carl, you’re the light of my life.
这在法♥院♥成立吗?
Would it hold up in court?
太好了
Okay. Great work.
他们在立兹太太的眼睛发现指纹 是大拇指的一部份
They found a print on Mrs. Leeds’ eye. Partial thumb.
除此之外,无可奉告
Besides that, there’s nothing else to tell you.
谢谢你们
Thank you for your time.
我不能再多说什么了
COMMISSIONER: I can’t answer more questions.
威尔葛兰姆!记得我吗?
Will Graham! Remember me?
佛瑞迪劳兹,我为《传闻报》报导莱克特的案子
Freddy Lounds. I covered the Lecter case for the Tattler.
也出了本相关的书 我记得
– Did the paperback. – Yeah, I remember.
你何时加入这个案子的?有什么线索吗?
When did they bring you in? What’ve you got?
你觉得这个牙仙会比莱克特厉害吗?
You think the Tooth Fairy will be bigger than Lecter?
我是说,他已经破了莱克特的纪录…
I mean, he’s already beaten Lecter’s score…
你写的尽是些狗屎 《传闻报》不过用来当卫生纸!
You write lying shit, and the Tattler is an asswipe!
你离我远一点
You stay away from me.
走开,劳兹
Get away, Lounds.
来个独家怎么样?
How about an exclusive?
对不起
Sorry about that.
这个家伙溜进医院拍我
That guy snuck into the hospital and took those pictures of me.
记不记得?我身上插了一堆管子?
Remember? With the tubes hanging out of me?
别理这种人♥渣♥
Forget that prick.
给自己一点信心
CRAWFORD: Give yourself some credit.
只要我们逮到那个牙仙…
When we catch the Tooth Fairy…
指纹加上咬痕,一定会让他定罪
that print plus his teeth will burn him.
你发现的,威尔
You did that, Will.
证据就在那里,杰克
That evidence was there, Jack.
证据就在那里,给大家看 但没人看见
– It was there for anyone to see. – But nobody else did.
我只是想说,你做得非常好
All I’m sayin’ is, that was very good work.
不,真正做的好是要看透整件事…
No, good work would be seeing it all the way through…
并且逮到他
and catching the guy.
我做不到,我只是做到你要我做的
And I can’t do that. I did what you asked me to do.
我要回家了
I’m going home.
我甚至完全不知道这个人究竟是谁
I don’t even have any idea who this guy is.
我刚刚只是给他们非常粗略的简报 我想象不出他是怎样的人
What I just gave them was broad strokes. He’s got no face to me.
你办葛雷特哈柏的案子时,也是这样说?
That’s what you said about Garrett Hobbs, remember?
然后你弄清楚了 不,我没有
– And you figured him out. – No, I didn’t.
你没有? 没有,我困在哈柏的案子里
– You didn’t? – No, I was stuck on Hobbs.
有人帮我
I had help.
是莱克特
From Lecter.
对
WILL: Yeah.
杰克,别和我玩把戏,不要这样
Jack, don’t play games with me. Don’t do it.
告诉我,你在想什么
Just tell me what’s on your mind.
我要说的是…也许从他那里我们会获得调查的线索
I’m saying maybe we’ve got a resource we should look into.
搞半天这就是你要的?
Is that what this was about?
你是不是一开始就想问我?
Did you just want to ask me that all along?
别对我发火,这是我的工作
Don’t get mad at me. I’m just doing my job.
如果你有快捷方式…让我知道
If you know a better shortcut, let me know it.
如果你觉得他有任何可能,会对我说…
If you think there’s any chance he’ll talk to me…
我自己去
I’ll go myself.
如果你办不到,我会了解的
If you can’t handle it, God knows I’d understand that.
身为一个研究对象,莱克特让我们很失望
CHILTON: As a research subject, Lecter has proven most disappointing.
心理测验对他起不了一点作用
He’s simply impenetrable to psychological testing.
罗沙哈性格测验,主题统觉
Rorschach, Thematic Apperception.
他都拿来折纸鹤
He folds them into origami.
(奇尔顿)
如你所见
CHILTON: As you see.
你的小小造访在我的同事间…
So you can imagine the stir your little visit…
所带来的刺♥激♥,葛兰姆先生
is causing among my staff, Mr. Graham.
如果你愿意分享一点灼见…
If you’d care to share some insights…
奇尔顿医师,对不起…我要赶4点17分的飞机回亚特兰大
Dr. Chilton, I’m sorry, I’ve got a 4:17 flight back to Atlanta.
当然
Of course.
告诉我,当你看到被莱克特谋杀的人…
Tell me, when you saw Lecter’s murders…
他们的样子,所以…
their style, so to speak…
你有可能重建他的幻想世界吗?
were you able, perhaps, to reconstruct his fantasies?
如果有,你有记下任何东西吗?
And, if so, did you jot down any impressions?
没有
WILL: No.
坦白说,葛兰姆先生
Let me be frank, Mr. Graham.
莱克特的第一手分♥析♥资料是出版商梦寐以求的内容
The first analysis of Lecter will be a publisher’s wet dream.
我会归功于你,当然
I’d give you full credit, of course.
该死,你一定有些建议,你逮到他的
Damn it, man. You must have some advice. You caught him.
你怎么办到的?
What was your trick?
我让他杀了我
I let him kill me.
[Door slams shut loudly and locks]
[Suspenseful instrumental music]
你闻起来跟在法庭上一样糟
LECTER: That’s the same atrocious aftershave you wore in court.
古龙水是我每年的圣诞礼物
I keep getting it for Christmas.
对,圣诞节你有收到我的卡片吗?
LECTER: Christmas, yes. Did you get my card?
有,谢谢
I got it, thank you.
感谢FBI的犯罪实验室转寄我的卡片
LECTER: So nice of the Bureau’s crime lab to forward that.
他们不给我你的地址
They wouldn’t give me your home address.
布鲁医师把你登在《法医心理学月刊》…
Dr. Bloom sent me your article on surgical addiction…
有关沉迷外科手术的文章寄给我
in the Journal of Forensic Psychiatry.
如何?
LECTER: And?
非常有趣,即使对一个普通人
Very interesting, even to a layman.
你说你是一个普通人
You say you’re a layman.
但是你逮到我的,不是吗?威尔
But it was you who caught me. Wasn’t it, Will?
你知道你怎么办到的吗? 不过是运气好
LECTER: Do you know how you did it? WILL: I got lucky.
我不觉得你这样想
I don’t think you believe that.
已经写在记录上了,现在又有什么关系?
It’s in the transcript. What does it matter now?
对我没关系,威尔
It doesn’t matter to me, Will.
我需要你的建议,莱克特医师
I need your advice, Dr. Lecter.
伯明翰和亚特兰大
LECTER: Birmingham and Atlanta.
你想知道他为什么会挑中他们,是不是?
You want to know how he’s choosing them, don’t you?
我想你有一些想法,我要你告诉我
I thought you’d have ideas. I want you to tell me them.
凭什么?
Why should I?
你缺些东西
There are things you don’t have.
调查资料,甚至是计算机
Research materials. Maybe even computer access.
我会和负责人谈谈
I’d speak to the Chief of Staff.
是,奇尔顿博士
Yes, Dr. Chilton.
他怪可怕的,是不是?
Gruesome, isn’t he?