but in this clash of capitalism and socialism,
金钱成为了最大的诱惑
money is proving to be the big lure.
如果你是个苏联球员
And if you’re a Soviet player,
当你看到自己接下来难逃被卖♥♥的命运时
and you see what’s ahead for yourself,
除了会感到凄凉
except more of this dreariness.
也会突然意识到”天呐”
And then they realized, “My God.
“看看这些NHL队伍和球员们用的东西
“Look what these teams and the players have in the NHL
看看他们的薪水”
and the money they get,
“看看他们的汽车 房♥子 假期”
“and the automobiles and the houses and the vacations.”
你就会日思夜想逃离苏联这个地方
Then you’re gonna want like hell to get out of there.
吉洪诺夫从政♥治♥局到训练营来 对我说
Tikhonov came from the Politburo to the training camp and said,
“斯拉瓦 如果你在卡尔加里冬奥会表现好
“Slava, if you do good in Calgary, in the Olympics,
成功拿到金牌”
you win the gold medal,
“你就会成为在NHL打球的第一个苏联球员”
“you’re gonna be the first Soviet player who go play in National Hockey League.”
我说”那好吧”
I said, “Okay.”
苏联的光辉形象代表 斯拉瓦·费迪索夫
The face of the Soviet Union, Slava Fetisov.
这是苏联国家队的队长
There’s the captain of the Soviet Union,
维亚彻斯拉瓦·费迪索夫
Viacheslav Fetisov,
在领奖台上代表了他的整支队伍
representing his team on the podium here.
我太开心了
I was so happy.
当我回到莫斯科时 我被政♥府♥部门叫去
When I landed in Moscow, they called me to the Ministry.
在克里姆林宫里 我被授予列♥宁♥奖章
They give me in the Kremlin, the Lenin Award.
这是全国最重要的奖项
The biggest award in the country.
然后我被叫去进行了一场三个人的私下谈话
And then I was called for private talk between three men:
体育部长 吉洪诺夫 还有我自己
The Minister of Sport, Tikhonov and myself.
当部长说”斯拉瓦 这是你应得的”
When the Minister said, “Slava, finally you deserve it.
“我们会放你去NHL 祝好”
“We’ll let you go. Good luck and I wish you all the best.”
然后他说”我说的对吗 维克托”
And he said, “Am I right, Viktor?”
你知道他怎么回答的吗
You know what Viktor said?
“你说的对 但我还需要他再打一年”
“Yeah, you’re right. But I need him for another year.
“因为我们找不到能替代他的人”
“Because we can’t replace him.”
他说”1月2号♥我们得和新泽西队打一轮超级系列赛”
He said, “January 2nd, we got the Super Series against New Jersey.
“我们向你保证 打完和新泽西队的比赛后”
“And we promise you after the game against New Jersey,
“你就可以去NHL打完剩余的赛季了”
“you’re going to finish the season in the NHL.”
费迪索夫后退接球
Fetisov goes back to get it.
他是个进球数名列前茅的后卫
Top scoring defenseman.
拿过四次年度最佳球员
Four times Player of the Year.
费迪索夫出现在那里 进门得分
Fetisov right there, he scores!
红军队4:0领先
It’s a four-to-nothing Red Army lead.
斯拉瓦·费迪索夫会来NHL打球吗
Is Slava Fetisov coming to the NHL?
继续呆在NHL对他来说是很有可能的
It’s possible for him to stay here.
现在吗
Now?
不是现在 但最终会来的
Not now, eventually.
看到了吗 他公开说”他可以去NHL”
See what happened? Publicly he said, “He can go.”
但私下里 甚至不是背着我
But inside, not behind my back,
他当面对我说”你不能走”
in front of me he said, “No.”
这次转会现在是什么状况了
What’s the current status of this thing?
我们一直听说他会来的
We keep hearing yes,
后来又听说他不会来 现在又听说可能会来
and then we hear no, and then we hear maybe.
现在的状况是
Well, really, the status right now,
来不来还是得看苏联政♥府♥的态度
it relies in the hands of the Soviet government.
斯拉瓦·费迪索夫想来这里
Slava Fetisov wants to be here,
他想来NHL打球
and he wants to play in the National Hockey League.
但说实话 我们对现在的状况毫无办法
But really, we have no control over what is happening right now.
费迪索夫自己也没办法
Neither has Fetisov.
卢·拉莫瑞罗带我逛遍了纽约
Lou Lamoriello showed me around New York.
他说”斯拉瓦 我今天听说他们永远不会放你走了”
He said, “Slava, I learned today they’ll never let you go.”
“这才是你该有的生活”
He said, “This is the life.
“你应该呆在这里”
“You should stay here.”
当卢让你叛逃苏联时 你考虑过这样做吗
So when Lou asked you to defect, did you consider it?
没有
No.
我不能逃离我的国家
I cannot run away from my country.
我不能
I cannot
不能做违法的事
do something illegal.
我回去以后 我召开了新闻发布会
When I get back, I called a press conference.
告诉大家”我不会再为吉洪诺夫的球队打球了”
And I said, “I’m never going to play for the Tikhonov team anymore.
“因为他们欺骗了我”
“Because they cheated me.”
当这篇报道文章发表以后
The day his article went out,
没人打电♥话♥给我们了
our phone stopped ringing.
认识的人也不再和我们说话
People who we know stopped talking to us.
国内的运动设施场所
The sports facilities in the country,
也不让我进去了
nobody let me in.
来到这里时 人们都认识你 钦佩你
You come there, the people know you, they admire you.
但他们会低下头对你说
They put their head down and said,
“斯拉瓦 不行 你不能在这滑冰”
“No, Slava. You cannot come and skate here.
“如果我们让你在这训练了 会有人杀了我的”
“No, if we let you skate, they are going to kill me.”
他们的社会圈子被四处安插着特工
Agents were placed in their social circle
我们因此能从中了解他们的情况
so we could know the situation from within.
他们就像棋盘上的小卒一样任人摆布
These people were just pawns on a chess board.
在家时你能感觉到
When you sit at home and you know
家门口附近有些车停在那
some car is sitting down near your entrance,
里面的人会跟着你
and they’re going to follow you,
他们会试图偷听你说的话
and they’re going to try to listen.
比如你见了什么人 都聊了些什么
If you meet someone, what do you talk about?
他们做过最坏的事是什么
What’s the worst they could do?
能想到的任何事
Anything.
真的是任何事 比如他们想把斯拉瓦关进监狱
Anything. If they try to put Slava in prison,
你看这事怎么样
what do you think?
他们这样做了吗
Did they do anything?
在基辅做过
In Kiev.
在基辅做过
In Kiev.
发生了什么
What happened?
发生了…
What happened…
他们试图把斯拉瓦押进车里带去警♥察♥局
They tried to put Slava in a car and take him to the police station.
他们给他戴上手铐 铐在蓄电池上
They put the cuffs on him, and cuffed him to the battery.
然后对他一顿暴打 直到凌晨四点
And they just beat him up until four o’clock in the morning.
他们联♥系♥了吉洪诺夫 他来接斯拉瓦
When they called Tikhonov, and Tikhonov came and picked him up.
这时我们听到吉洪诺夫叫喊着
That’s when we heard when Tikhonov was screaming,
“干什么都行 想办法把他扔进监狱”
“Do anything, just put him in prison.
“只要保证不让他迈出国一步”
“Just don’t let him out of the country.”
如果斯拉瓦不能回到队中 你们的下一步打算是什么
If Slava will not be included on the team, what will be your next move?
最可能的情况是我们都拒绝参加世锦赛
Most likely, we’ll all refuse to participate in the world championship.
你们有三个人 还有谁会加入你们
You are three. Who else will join you?
会有其他人支持我们的
There are others who will support us.
克鲁托夫为我出了头
Krutov stood up for me,
还有我的队友马卡洛夫 拉利奥诺夫也是
with my teammates Makarov and Larionov.
克鲁托夫一直沉默寡言
Krutov has always been quiet.
但当事态严重时
When you see the situation get crucial,
他总会站出来
he steps up.
从他身上看 当他说话时
And from him, when he said something,
作为平常不爱说话的人他听起来很不一样 掷地有声
it sounds different when you’re not talking all the time. It’s very powerful.
你介不介意跟我们讲讲整件事情
Do you mind, kind of, just telling the story?
这故事会很重要 因为涉及到私人问题
It’s very important because it’s a very personal…
是这样的
It was that.
斯拉瓦要离队了
Slava was leaving.
我留下来继续打球
I stayed to play.
我很惊讶地得知
It was a big surprise for me that
卡萨托诺夫没和其他几个队友一起上电视访谈
Alex Kasatonov didn’t go with the boys on TV.
他可是我最好的朋友
You know, my best friend
却说”不 我不去”
said, “No, I’m not going.”
这让我感到震惊
So it was a big surprise.
说来话长
It’s a very long story.
是啊 但是…
Yeah, but you know…
我觉得这是有关我们自己国家的事情
It’s the story of our country, I think.
他公开表明我离队的选择是错误的
He said publicly I wasn’t right to leave the team.
在这关头他却站在了吉洪诺夫教练的立场上
He took the position of Coach Tikhonov in this situation.
这是最讽刺的
That’s the funniest part.
你们曾是最好的朋友 所以我想知道…
You were best friends. I mean, I want to know, kind of… You know…
现在不是说这个事的好时候
It’s not the time.
抱歉
Sorry.
以后再说吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!