反对
All right, the motion carries, two to one.
好的 2对1 提议通过
The canvassing board has voted to suspend the recount.
检查小组已经 投票决定中止重新计票
They’ve gotten an opinion from the Director of Elections… the Secretary of State.
他们从竞选事务部 州务卿那里得到意见是
Her opinion is that because there is no error in vote tabulating system…
因为投票表格系统并无差错
there’s nothing wrong with the equipment…
设备没有故障
This “tabulation systems” they’ve come up with
他们所谓的”表格系统”
is complete bullshit, Chris.
完全是放屁
It is… thank you.
谢谢
It has never been interpreted this way in the history of Florida law.
佛州法律史上从未被这样解释过
They made it up two days ago.
是他们这两天编出来的
If we don’t take Katherine Harris to court right now, it’s killing us, Chris.
若不赶快把凯瑟琳·哈里斯告上法庭 就死定了 克里斯
We’ve got to get this count up and running again.
我们得让计票再次进行
I’m afraid I have some bad news.
恐怕我有些坏消息
Chris is going back to Los Angeles?
克里斯要回洛杉矶了?
His daughter is sick. I don’t blame him for bailing.
他女儿病了 我不怪他临阵脱逃
This whole thing is rather hopeless. And with Daley gone
这件事希望渺茫 戴利走了
it means there isn’t a senior Gore campaign official
意味着在整个佛罗里达州
in the entire state of Florida right now.
戈尔竞选团都没有一个高级官员
Bob Dole beat Bill Clinton in 1996.
鲍勃·多尔在1996年击败了比尔·克♥林♥顿♥
– Jeb Bush… – Honey, you gotta turn on “Saturday Night Live. ” It’s on right now.
你打算怎么办? 周六晚间现场 正在播出
– Took himself out of the Florida recount process noting,
将自己排除在佛州重新计票过程外
“Look, I already threw out 19,000 ballots,
“你看 我已经排除了19,000张选票
hassled Black voters and confused the old Jews.
跟黑人选民辩论过 忽悠了老犹太人
My work here is done. ”
我的任务已经完成了”
That’s good.
真有趣
Honey, if you want to leave, no one would blame you.
亲爱的 若你也要走 没人会责怪你的
No, Monica, I’m not going anywhere, and you know why?
不 莫妮卡 我不会走的 知道为什么吗
Because I think Gore won this thing,
因为我觉得戈尔会赢
and I think he thinks so too. He’s like a changed guy.
我觉得他也是这么想的 他好像变了
He’s got this fire in him now.
他现在敢于引火烧身
It’s like before the campaign even started.
就像竞选开始之前一样
He’s even started calling me back.
他甚至会给我回电♥话♥了
– I’ll have to call you back, honey. – Okay.
我一会打回去 亲爱的
What the hell are you doing in Tallahassee?
你在塔拉哈希做什么?
Early Hanukkah gift.
光明节礼物
– Good morning, team. – Good morning.
– 早上好 各位 – 早上好
I want to read you something very interesting
和各位分享一下
from another state’s election code, courtesy of Mr. Whouley.
其他州法规中很有趣的内容
“A hand recount shall be conducted
人工重新计票应该
in preference to a machine recount. ”
优先于机器重新计票
It also says that dimpled chads
还说 凹陷的打孔痕
should be included in any hand recount.
应该在人工重新计票时计算在内
It’s great, Ron, but we can’t use another state’s election code.
很好 但我们不能采用其他州的法规
I know we can’t, but what if that state is Texas
我知道不能 但如果这是德克萨斯州的法条
and it was signed into law
并由现州长
by its current governor, George W Bush?
乔治·W·布♥什♥签署生效的呢
Yes!
太好了
All right, pass those out.
好的 把这些发下去
This is talking point number one.
这是一号♥论据
Point two… Donna Brazile is down in DC
第二 堂娜·巴兹尔在华盛顿特区
following up on allegations of black-voter suppression.
追踪压制黑人投票者的辩解
Jeremy is gonna hit the streets here on that same issue.
杰里米打算在这以相同名义进行游♥行♥
And point three… as you can see, we’ve got some new lawyers in town.
第三 如大家所见 我们有了些新律师
I’d like to introduce my former colleague at the Justice Department,
我来介绍一下 我司法部工作时的同事
Jeff Robinson… Jeff.
杰夫·罗宾逊 杰夫
Thanks, Ron. It’s great to be on the team.
谢谢 让 很高兴能加入
I’ve started with the difference
我会从最优扫描和
between Opti-Scan and punchcard ballots.
纸板打孔投票的区别入手
The punchcard failure rate is double that of Opti-Scans.
纸板打孔的失误率是最优扫描的两倍
And of course minority neighborhoods get stuck with the punchcards.
而显然少数民族地区已经饱受前者之苦
I am shocked.
我很惊讶
And, everyone, this is Mark Herron,
各位 这是马克·赫伦
a Florida election law specialist.
佛州竞选法的专家
He’s going to write a memo detailing exact standards
他会撰写一份准确的细节标准备忘录
by which absentee ballots can be counted. It’s my gut feeling
以便缺席的选票能够计算在内
that some of these were sent after election day. And maybe more than just a few.
很多晚于大选日期的选票 也被计算在内
– I think so too.
我也这么认为
Oh, and you should also know that Mark’s law firm
你们也该知道马克的事务所
has fired him for coming onboard with us.
因为他加入我们而炒了他的鱿鱼
– On his birthday.
在他生日那天
– Aww.
Another piece of decent news…
另外一条不错的消息是
Volusia County ignored Katherine Harris’s advisory opinion
卢西亚地区没有遵守凯瑟琳·哈里斯的建议
and they are almost completed with their recount.
他们已经快要完成重新计票了
We should pick up about 100 votes there.
我们可以在那增加100票
The bad news is that Madam Secretary
坏消息是州务卿女士
is insisting on her deadline…
坚持她的最后期限不变
unless, of course, there is a hurricane.
当然了 除非有飓风
Which means that it’s gonna be impossible
也就是说这些地区
for the counties to complete their recounts in time.
不可能按时完成重新计票
So our strategy is twofold:
所以我们做两手准备
One… we continue to insist that hand recounts are legal;
一 我们坚持人工重新计票是合法的
and two… we argue that regardless of any deadline
二 我们提出无论最后期限是什么时候
every vote has a right to be counted.
每张选票都应当被计算在内
Where do we argue? On CNN?
我们在哪里声明? CNN?
Volusia County is going to sue Katherine Harris
V地区将要状告凯瑟琳·哈里斯
to accept their late returns
要求她接受迟到的结果
and we are going to join that lawsuit.
而我们会加入这场诉讼
I thought Gore was against lawsuits.
我以为戈尔会反对诉讼
Well, I spoke to the vice president and he says
我和副总统谈过
since Bush is dragging our ass into federal court,
他说既然布♥什♥非要去联邦法♥院♥告我们
we can drag his ass into state court.
我们不妨去州法♥院♥告告他
And this is Volusia County, everything about it.
那么关键就在于V地区了
Get busy, boys and girls.
赶紧行动吧 大家
I gotta call “The New York Times. ”
我打给纽♥约♥时♥报♥
Thank you.
谢谢
Looks like Warren Christopher
看来沃伦·克里斯托弗
just joined the lawsuit to extend the deadline.
加入了申请延长最后期限的诉讼
Christopher went back to LA.
克里斯托弗回洛杉矶了
Ron Klain is running Tallahassee now.
让·克莱恩在塔拉哈希负责这些
Who’s Ron Klain?
谁是让·克莱恩
Gore’s former chief of staff.
戈尔的前任首席助理
Former?
前任?
Can someone please explain this to me?
谁能给我解释一下吗?
I don’t care what Judge Burton says.
我不在乎伯顿法官怎么说
If he doesn’t count dimpled chads, we’re gonna take him to court…
若是他不计算凹陷 我们就告他
Baker on line one.
贝克在一号♥线
I gotta call you back.
我一会给你打回去
What can I do for you, Mr. Baker?
有什么能效劳的 贝克先生
I’m sorry to bother you, Mr. Klain, but I was surprised to hear
抱歉打扰 克莱恩先生
you joined Volusia County’s lawsuit.
但我很惊讶你加入了V地区的诉讼案
Well, I figured that was the easiest way to get your autograph, sir.
我是觉得这是 得到您签名的最简方法
Unfortunately, Mr. Klain, I shall not be attending the hearing.
很可惜 克莱恩先生 我不会出席听证会
That is a shame, sir,
那真可惜 先生
because I was going to put you right between my Sandy Koufax and my Spiro Agnew.
我本想把你的签名放在桑迪·考菲克斯 和斯皮罗·阿格纽签名的中间
I was sad to hear that Secretary Daley and Secretary Christopher left Tallahassee.
很遗憾戴利和克里斯托弗州务卿 都离开了塔拉哈希
Will you be leaving too?
你也会离开吗?
No, sir, I’ll be here until the vice president fires me again.
不会的 先生 除非副总统再次解雇我
Well, then I should tell you you’re probably gonna lose tomorrow.
那我告诉你 你明天会输
That’s certainly one of two possibilities.
输的恐怕不一定是我
All right, Mr. Klain. I just wanted to say hello.
克莱恩先生 我只是问候一下
Well, you call back anytime, Mr. Baker.
您可随时再打来 贝克先生
He’s gloating. He thinks we’re gonna lose tomorrow.
他在沾沾自喜 他觉得我们明天会败诉
Well, I think we’re gonna lose tomorrow.
我也觉得我们会败诉
We are gonna lose tomorrow.
我们是会败诉
All right, so who’s the best appellate lawyer in this country?
好吧 那么国内最好的上诉律师是谁?
And if you’re just joining us, to recap
如果您刚打开电视 重新回顾一下
the major news of the day… a Florida judge, Terry Lewis,
今日要闻 佛州法官特里·刘易斯
coming out about an hour and a half ago and through a statement
一个半小时之前由发言人
– read by a spokesperson saying… – Ay!
发表声明说