网络同一天晚上出了两次错?
We’re going to a machine recount.
我们将进行机器重新计票
We need to get to him before he goes onstage.
必须在他上台前联♥系♥他
Whatever happens, we cannot let him make that speech.
无论如何 绝不能让他发表演说
– Who’s gonna grab him? – Morehouse.
– 谁去拦住他 – 莫尔豪斯
We’ll intercept at the car.
我们要拦住车
Get me David Morehouse.
给我接大卫·莫尔豪斯
We will hear from the vice president, we’re told, in about 15 minutes.
据悉 15分钟内副总统将发表演说
Morehouse here.
莫尔豪斯
Gore didn’t lose. You gotta stop him at the car.
戈尔没输 你得拦住他的车
Vice President Al Gore’s motorcade has arrived.
副总统阿尔·戈尔的车队已经到达
Mr. Gore will likely make a very brief statement.
戈尔先生可能会做简短发言
We want Gore! We want Gore!
我们要戈尔! 我们要戈尔!
No no no, Mr. Vice President,
不 不 不 副总统先生
Mr. Vice President.
副总统先生
Sir, Mr. Vice President.
先生 副总统先生
Whoa whoa whoa. Hang on a second. Hold it, pal.
喂… 等一下 伙计
We know the vice president is backstage.
副总统就在后台
We’ve been trying to reach more of his senior aides
我们正在联♥系♥他的高级助理
to find out reasons for the delay.
以便得知延迟的原因
We’ve been unsuccessful in doing so…
我们还不知道…
My people aren’t seeing the same numbers as the networks.
我的手下没人从网络上看到相同的数据
Neither is Karl.
反正都不是卡尔
We want Gore! We want Gore!
我们要戈尔! 我们要戈尔!
Mr. Vice President.
副总统先生
Mr. Vice President.
副总统先生
Sir, sir.
先生 先生
– Sir, it’s urgent. – What is it, David?
– 先生 这很紧急 – 怎么了 大卫?
Daley needs to speak to you. He just needs five minutes.
戴利要和您谈谈 只需要五分钟
I just spoke to Bush. He’s waiting for me
我刚跟布♥什♥谈过 他在等我发表演说
to give this speech. I’m not going to keep him waiting.
我刚跟布♥什♥谈过 他在等我发表演说
to give this speech. I’m not going to keep him waiting.
我不想让他等
Please please please, Mr. Vice President,
等一下 等一下 副总统先生
there’s a problem with the numbers in Florida.
佛罗里达的统计数字有误
…the popular vote that looks like one of the closest…
…普选结果非常接近…
Governor, Al Gore is on the phone.
州长 阿尔·戈尔的电♥话♥
Let me make sure I understand.
你的意思是
You are calling back to retract your concession?
你打来是要取消你的败选演说?
Excuse me, but you don’t have to get snippy about it.
不好意思 但你不该因此而生气
My little brother has assured me I won the state of Florida.
我弟弟向我保证我赢得了佛州选票
Well, your little brother is not the ultimate authority on this.
你弟弟不是最终权威
Mr. Vice President, you do what you have to do.
副总统先生 做你该做的
Yes!
好的
The vice president has recalled the governor
副总统与州长再次通话
and retracted his concession.
并取消了败选演说
This thing will be over 24, 48 hours tops.
这事得用24小时 最多48小时
– Honey… – Yeah?
– 亲爱的 – 怎么?
Be careful down there. They have alligators.
注意安全 那儿有鳄鱼
I’ll see you Friday.
周五见
The vice president has called Governor Bush and retracted his concession.
What are these people yelling? Let’s listen, turn our sound up here.
这些人在说什么 让我们把声音调大听一下
Recount! Recount!
重新计票 重新计票
“Recount. ” They are saying, “Recount. ”
“重新计票” 他们在说”重新计票”
Secretary of State Katherine Harris speaking.
州务卿 凯瑟琳·哈里斯
What the hell is going on, Katherine?
到底怎么回事 凯瑟琳?
What are the final numbers?
最终数字是多少?
This is the Secretary of State Katherine Harris.
这里是州务卿凯瑟琳·哈里斯
You’ll have to call Clay Roberts, Director of…
你应该打给克莱·罗伯茨…
Katherine, it’s Jeb! What are the final numbers?
凯瑟琳 我是杰布 最终数字是多少?
Who won Florida?
谁赢得了佛州票选?
There she is! Secretary Harris.
她来了 州务卿哈里斯
We’ll have a statement later.
我们随后会发表声明
Bush received
布♥什♥得到了
2,909,135 votes.
2,909,135票
Gore received
戈尔得到了
2,907,351 votes.
2,907,351票
What’s the difference, Clay?
有什么差别 克莱?
Oh, sorry.
不好意思
Bush takes Florida by 1,784 votes.
布♥什♥以1784票在佛州选举中领先
Or. 03%.
也就是0.03%
Any difference of less than. 5 of 1%
任何小于0.5%的差距
triggers a mandatory machine recount.
都将引发机器的强制重新计票
Thank you, Clay.
谢谢你 克莱
We will now proceed
我们将继续强制进行
to a mandatory machine recount.
机器重新计票
All that was needed was 30,000
30,000票将引发
to trigger an automatic recount.
自动重新计票
We’re only behind by 1,784.
我们只落后1,784票
They’re going to run every ballot
他们将把每一张选票
through the counting machines again.
都重新用投票机计算
The machines are not precise.
投票机并不精确
You’ll get a slightly different total
每次计算都会 得到微小的差别
every time you run them through.
每次计算都会 得到微小的差别
It’s even possible we might pull ahead by tomorrow morning.
我们明早之前都还可能反超
But if Bush maintains his lead,
但如果布♥什♥坚持其主张
I’m sure they’re gonna want to move it fast
我相信他们会快速行动
and Katherine Harris is gonna try to certify
凯瑟琳·哈里斯会在最终期限前
a Bush victory right at the deadline,
宣布布♥什♥获胜
– which is in six days. – Of course she will.
也就是六天内
She’s co-chair of his Florida campaign.
一定的 她是布♥什♥佛州竞选团主席
She would have certified a month ago if she could have.
如果她能 一个月前就宣布了
Anybody here ever heard of a “chad”?
有人听过打孔屑这个东西吗?
One by one, each of Florida’s 67 counties
佛罗里达州所有67个地区
run their ballots through the counting machines a second time.
将其选票用选票机进行二次计算
This process is overseen by a three-person canvassing board
整个过程由地区及地方官员组成的
made up of county and local officials. All final tallies must be submitted…
整个过程由地区及地方官员组成的
Yeah, what is it, Joe?
什么事 乔?
Are you watching? Daley’s on channel 6.
你在看吗? 戴利在6频道
Mr. Daley, what makes you think
戴利先生 您为何认为
the results of the recount
重新计票结果将
will be any different than they are now?
有别于先前的结果?
Well, at this point nobody really knows, Matt,
现在还没人能知道 马特
whether it will be different or not.
到底结果是否会有不同
His daddy stole it for JFK,
他爸爸为肯尼迪偷选票
and now he’s gonna steal it for Gore.
如今他又要为戈尔偷了
I’ve asked Warren Christopher, the former Secretary of State,
我请前州务卿沃伦·克里斯托弗
to come in and oversee the recount for us…
前来监督重新计票…
– Okay, they got Warren Christopher. … Secretary of State
呦 他们找了州务卿克里斯托弗
Warren Christopher will lead a Gore legal team…
沃伦·克里斯托弗负责戈尔法律团队…
Who were we thinking?
我们怎么办?
Oh, it’s gonna be a litigation nightmare.
(德克萨斯 休斯顿) 这将是个诉讼噩梦
Every lawyer from New York to Havana
从纽约到哈瓦那的所有律师
is gonna be waving their briefcases up and down on the streets of Florida.
都将在佛州大街上挥舞公文包
I’m tellin’ ya, they’re gonna be fallin’ out of the sky.
(前任州务卿:詹姆斯·贝克尔) 告诉你 他们会闹翻天的
Can you get back to the airport?
你能赶回机场吗?
I can be there in an hour.
对 我一小时后到
Hundreds of voters are lined up in Palm Beach County today
(棕榈滩) 数百名投票者今天在棕榈滩集♥会♥
to sign affidavits stating that they were confused by the ballot.
签名声称投票细则令他们一头雾水
A petition is being circulated demanding a revote.
要求重新投票的请♥愿♥开始进行
These voters believed they mistakenly voted for Pat Buchanan…
这些投票者认为 他们错将票投给了帕特·布坎南
I want my vote to count.
我的投票得计算在内
We’re gonna do everything we can to make sure your votes get counted.
我们会尽力保证你们的投票计算在内
That’s why we’re here.
我们正是为此而来
I feel like I’m stuck in “The Night of the Living Bubbies. ”
我感觉就像僵尸围城一样
Just stay calm. And whatever you do, don’t yell “Bingo!”
保持冷静 无论如何别喊万岁
Yeah, I promise.
好 我保证
Hey, Buchanan’s on TV. I’ll call you back.
布坎南在电视上 我一会打回去
…I think and believe. And it is my belief that some of those votes that were cast for me
我相信 我名下有些选票
probably were cast for me mistakenly in the belief that people were casting their ballots for Al Gore.
可能其实是打算投给阿尔戈尔的
Glen, new talking point…
格伦 新论据
Buchanan just went on television.
布坎南刚在电视上说