Gore.
戈尔
Dimple six… Gore.
凹痕六号♥… 戈尔
Dimple six… Gore.
六号♥凹痕 戈尔
– I object. – Duly noted.
– 我反对 – 我会记下来的
We’re the new Republican party! We’re not gonna take this anymore!
我们是新的共和党 我们不会再忍♥受这些了
Bush won!
布♥什♥胜
– Bush won twice! Bush won twice! – Everybody needs a t-shirt.
布♥什♥赢了两次! 布♥什♥赢了两次
Let’s go, pass them out!
大家都需要穿T恤 来发一下
– Hello. – I just heard from our guys
– 你好 – 我刚从楼上迈阿密-戴德计票处
upstairs in the Miami-Dade counting room.
我们的人那里听说
The board decided to count undervotes and they’ve moved to a backroom.
检查小组决定将缺票计算在内 他们去了一个密室
They’re counting in secret.
他们要秘密计票
Well, shut it down.
那阻止他们
Number six for Gore.
六号♥是戈尔的
Dimpled six… that’s for Gore.
六号♥凹痕是投给戈尔的
We want to have a small protest up near the canvassing board.
我们要向检查小组进行小型抗♥议♥
Nobody wants to get arrested. Nobody’s gonna get hurt.
没人想要被捕 没人会受伤
We just want to make our point.
我们只想表明立场
After you’ve heard enough, you can tell us to leave.
如果你们听够了 就让我们离开
What do you think’s gonna happen?
你觉得会发生什么?
Look at us. Look at the way we’re dressed.
看看我们 看看我们的穿着
Sit in here.
在这儿
You can’t go in.
你不能进去
Hey, hold on. Stay back.
嗨 停下来 后退
Punched number seven… no vote.
七号♥打孔痕 未投票
Punched number seven hole… no vote.
七号♥打孔痕 未投票
I object. It’s obvious…
我反对 很明显
number five is for Bush, number seven is for Gore.
五号♥是投给布♥什♥的 七号♥是投给戈尔的
These voters clearly did not insert their ballots properly.
这些投票者显然没有正确的插入选票
This is preposterous.
这很荒谬
We can’t guess who they intended to vote for
如果随意打个洞
when they punched a blank hole.
不能凭空猜测他们打算投给谁
Let’s get a blank ballot and try to demonstrate this.
我们拿一张空白选票然后证明一下
– Go. – All right.
好吧
Dimpled number four… Bush.
四号♥凹痕 布♥什♥
Could I have everybody’s attention?
大家能听我说吗?
There is a full protest out in the lobby
大厅里有大型的抗♥议♥
and I think it could escalate out of control.
我认为局势马上就会失控
Let’s keep going.
我们继续
Let us in! Let us in!
让我们进去 让我们进去
Let us in! Cheaters, cheaters!
让我们进去 作弊者 作弊者
Hi, I’m a lawyer with the recount.
你好 我是参与重新计票的律师
I need a sample ballot, please.
请给我一张选票样票
Thank you.
谢谢
He’s got a ballot!
他拿了张选票
No no, it’s a sample.
不 不 这是样票
– He stole a ballot! – This guy…
– 他偷了张选票 – 这个家伙…
He’s a lawyer for Gore and he’s stealing a ballot!
他是戈尔的律师 他偷了张选票
Settle down. I’m on official business.
镇静 这是公务
I’m a lawyer with the recount.
我是参与重新投票的律师
Just let me by. Let me by.
让我过去 让我过去
Stop kicking me! Stop kicking me!
不要踢我 不要踢我
Get away from me! Get away from me!
离我远点 离我远点
– Don’t let him get away. Follow him! – Leave me alone.
– 别让他跑了 跟着他 – 别跟着我
Cheaters! Cheaters!
作弊者 作弊者
The colonel and I won’t let you leave with that ballot.
上校和我不会让你带着选票离开
Who the fuck is the colonel?
这该死的上校又是谁?
He’s going back! He has a ballot!
他回来了 他有张选票
You’re in big trouble, pal, all right? Don’t put your hands on me.
你有大♥麻♥烦了 朋友 好吗? 把你的手拿开
I’m gonna defend myself if you put your hands on me one more time!
如果你拿手碰我我就要防卫了
It’s against the law. This man’s a lawyer
这是违法的 这个人是律师
and he shoved and put his hands on me.
他推我 把手放在我身上
It’s voter fraud! Arrest him!
这是投票骗子 逮捕他
He stole a ballot!
他偷了张选票
No justice! No peace!
不还公道 休想安宁
No justice! No peace!
不还公道 休想安宁
Hold on.
等一下
Let us in! Let us in!
让我们进去 让我们进去
We’d better take a break until this calms down.
我们最好在事态平静下来前先休息一下
That’s it.
就这样
Voter fraud! Voter fraud!
So we take Judge Burton to court, we get the ruling we want,
我们告倒了伯顿法官 拿到了想要的裁决
and he still won’t count dimpled chads. What the hell is…?
但他还是不肯计算凹痕 他到底是…
Miami-Dade just stopped counting. They’re about to hold a hearing.
迈阿密-戴德刚刚停止计票 他们要举♥行♥听证会
Miami-Dade? A hearing about what?
迈阿密-戴德? 关于什么的听证会?
This morning I felt
今早我认为
we could count the undervotes in five days,
我们能够在五天内计算完缺票
but we are in a very different situation
但我们现在的境况
than we were this morning.
与今天早晨时很不一样
A radically different situation.
全然不同的境况
I cannot sit here and tell you I cannot sit here and tell you
我没办法在此告诉各位
that if we begin the process
如果我们开始进行计票
that we can complete it by the November 26th deadline.
我们能够在11月26日截止日期前完成
What the hell is going on? Why aren’t they counting?
到底怎么了? 他们为什么不计票?
Therefore I am going to have to vote
因此我们投票表决
to abandon the Miami-Dade recount.
放弃迈阿密-戴德的重新计票工作
I object!
我反对
This is for the presidency of the United States!
这是为了总统归属
We have to at least try to finish this recount.
我们至少要尽力完成重新计票
Mr. Young, I would like to tell you
扬先生 我也想向你保证努力完成
that we could get this done in time, but I don’t think we can.
但看来我们不能
I’m gonna vote we stop counting.
我赞成停止计票
Yes yes!
是的
I am also going to vote to stop.
我也赞成停止机票
No no no no. We can do this!
不 不 不 不 我们能做到
We can get these votes counted!
我们能够完成计票
We have to get these votes counted!
我们必须计算这些选票
A Gore lawyer Ron Klain said
戈尔的律师让·克莱恩说
that a mob stormed the counting facility to stop the count.
一群暴徒袭击了计票设备而停止计票
That’s the myth. Here are the facts.
那是虚构的 然而事实是
The demonstration was
示♥威♥是喧闹但和平的
noisy and peaceful and nothing else.
并无其他
There were babies in the crowd. There were little kids there.
有婴儿在人群中 还有小孩子
There was, in some ways, a holiday atmosphere.
在某种程度上 具有假日气氛
A holiday atmosphere? Yeah, like Bastille Day.
好一个假日气氛 像攻占巴士底狱
These kids were Congressional aides flown in on the Enron jet.
这些孩子是国会派飞机接来的
Mr. Leahy and others said that they were not intimidated.
莱希先生和其他人称他们并未受胁迫
You know, I think
你知道 我想…
I might owe you an apology for all this.
我该因为这一切向你道歉
For what?
为什么?
Because I’m afraid
因为我曾担心
you might end up being famous
你会借助让戈尔失去总统职位
as the lawyer who lost Al Gore the presidency.
的律师身份而出名
Monica’s worried that if we do lose,
莫妮卡担心如果我们输了
I’m never gonna get a job again in law or in politics.
我将永远无法在政法界找到工作
Me too.
我也是
You know what’s funny about all this?
你知道这一切最有趣的是什么吗?
Nope.
不知道
I’m not even sure I like Al Gore.
我都不确定我喜欢阿尔·戈尔
…is designed to heat up the situation
and it really is time to tune back the rhetoric. Thank you.
该是不再理会花言巧语的时候了 谢谢
Well, I say
好吧
whoever stops fighting first always loses.
最先放弃的总是输家
It’s absurd.
荒谬
It’s completely absurd. I’m in the middle of a recount
一派胡言 我致力于重新计票
where the votes aren’t being recounted
然而却根本不会重新计票
and nobody seems to care. Not a single person seems to care.
而且没有人在乎 没有一个人在乎
You know what I’d like to know?
你知道我想知道什么吗?
Who actually won this election?
到底谁赢得大选?
Who won this fucking election? Who won it?
到底是谁他妈的赢了 谁赢了
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们