There is no case to be through with,
弗里蒙特小姐 再来一杯吧
Miss Fremont. How about that drink?
好吧 我想你是对的
Yeah, I guess you’re right.
呃 我想我该回家睡觉了
I think I better get home and get some sleep.
干杯
Cheers.
我有点不胜酒力
I, uh… I’m not much of a snifter.
噢 杰夫 如果需要帮助
Oh, Jeff, if you need any more help…
就查黄页本吧
consult the Yellow Pages in your telephone directory.
我喜欢滑稽的退场台词
Oh, I love funny exiting lines.
那箱子是寄给谁的
Who was that trunk addressed to?
安娜 索沃德太太
Mrs. Anna Thorwald.
那么我们查查是谁领♥取♥的
Then let’s wait and find out who picks it up.
噢 刚才那个电♥话♥
Oh, that telephone call…
我把你电♥话♥号♥码留给了他们 希望你不介意
I gave them your number. Hope you don’t mind.
得看他们是谁
Depends on who they were.
梅利斯维尔的警♥察♥
The police at Merritsville.
他们说箱子刚被
They reported the trunk was just picked up…
安娜 索沃德太太领走了
by Mrs. Anna Thorwald.
别熬得太晚了
Don’t stay up too late.
-看 -什么
– Look. – What?
他很年轻 不是吗
He’s kind of young, isn’t he?
你干什么
What are you doing?
你知道 我不是不愿相信多尤的话
You know, much as I hate to give Thomas J. Doyle too much credit,
他说这只是别人的隐私
he might have gotten ahold of something when he said…
确实有些道理
that was pretty private stuff going on out there.
我怀疑用望远镜观察别人是否道德
I wonder if it’s ethical to watch a man…
我怀疑用望远镜观察别人是否道德
with binoculars and a long- focus lens.
你以为
Do you…
仅仅因为我们证明他是清白的
Do you suppose it’s ethical, even
就情有可原吗
if you prove that he didn’t commit a crime?
我不知道
I’m not much on rear window ethics.
当然 他们也可以观察我
Of course, they can do the same thing to me,
就像看玻璃杯下面的小虫子
watch me like a bug under a glass if they want to.
杰夫 如果有人进来
Jeff, you know if someone came in here,
他们不会相信所见到的一切
they wouldn’t believe what they’d see.
-见到什么 -我们俩拉长了脸 失望沮丧
– What? – You and me with long faces, plunged into despair…
因为我们发现一个男人没有杀害他妻子
because we find out a man didn’t kill his wife.
我们真是两个冷血动物
We’re two of the most frightening ghouls I’ve ever known.
那可怜的女人还活着 我们应高兴点
You’d think we could be a little bit happy the poor woman is alive and well.
那句老话怎么说的 “爱你的邻居”
Whatever happened to that old saying, “Love the neighbor?”
我明天就去实践这句话
You know, I think I’ll start reviving that tomorrow.
对 先从多索小姐开始
Yeah, I’ll begin with Miss Torso.
那我也搬到对面去
Not if I have to move into an apartment across the way…
每天跳肚皮舞
and do the Dance of the Seven Veils every hour.
今晚的演出结束了
Show’s over for tonight.
先让你饱饱眼福
Preview of coming attractions.
多尤先生怀疑这箱子是我偷来的
Did Mr. Doyle think I stole this case?
不 丽莎 我想他没有
No, Lisa, I don’t think he did.
-你觉得怎么样 -呃
– What do you think? – Well, uh…
-那我换个问法 -谢谢
– I will rephrase the question. – Thank you.
-你喜欢吗 -是的 我喜欢
Do you like it? Yes,I like it.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
-有人受伤了 -是狗
– Somebody’s hurt? – It’s the dog.
小狗出事了
Something’s happened to the dog.
-有人坠楼了 -不知道
– Somebody fall out a window? – I don’t know.
好像是狗
I think it’s a dog.
它死了 是被掐死的 脖子都断了
It’s dead. It’s been strangled. The neck is broken.
是谁干的 是谁害死我的小狗
Which one of you did it? Which one of you killed my dog?
远亲不如近邻
You don’t know the meaning of the word neighbor!
邻居应该互敬互爱
Neighbors like each other,
互相倾述 互相关心 在乎别人的生活
speak to each other, care if anybody lives or dies!
难道你们不明白
But none of you do!
想不到你们会杀死
But I couldn’t imagine any of you being
一只友善无辜的小狗
so low that you’d kill a little helpless, friendly dog.
只有它喜欢这儿的所有人
The only thing in this whole neighborhood who liked anybody!
你杀死它 就因为它喜欢你
Did you kill him because he liked you? Just because he liked you?
进去吧
Let’s go inside.
回去吧 只是一条狗
Come on. Let’s go back in. It’s only a dog.
你知道 刚才汤姆
You know, for a minute,
多尤差点就让我认为自己错了
that Tom Doyle almost had me convinced I was wrong.
-你没有吗 -看
– But you’re not? – Look.
整个院子里 只有一个人没走到窗边 看
In the courtyard, only one person didn’t come to the window. Look.
索沃德为什么要杀一只小狗
Why would Thorwald want to kill a little dog?
因它知道的太多
Because it knew too much?
你们觉得这值得等一整天吗
You think this is worth waiting all day to see?
他在清扫房♥间吗
Is he cleaning house?
他在清洗洗手间的墙壁
He’s washing down the bathroom walls.
嗯 血一定溅得到处都是
Hmm, must have splattered a lot.
怎么啦 我们不就是这么想的吗
Well, why not? That’s what we’re all thinking.
他在那儿杀了她 离开前要清理现场
He killed her in there, he has to clean up those stains.
噢 斯泰拉 看你说的
Oh, Stella, your choice of words.
杀人还有什么好听的说法
Nobody ever invented a polite word for a killing yet.
丽莎 后面架子上有个小黄盒子 看见了吗
Lisa, back there on that shelf, there’s a little yellow box. You see it?
-最上面 -在右上边 对
– Top one? – Right on top, yeah.
把看片器拿给我
And bring me the viewer there.
我刚刚 这些是两周前拍的
I just got a… These are about two weeks old.
希望我拍的东西有用
I hope I took something else besides leg art.
-哪一张 -你找什么
– Now which one… – What are you looking for?
如果没错的话 我想我可以找出凶手
I’m looking for something and if I’m right, I think I’ve solved a murder.
-杀人凶手 -不是
– Mrs. Thorwald? – No.
不 是杀狗的凶手
No, the dog. Uh- huh.
我明白他为什么要杀狗了
I think I know why Thorwald killed that dog.
你看 告诉我你看到什么
Here, now you take a look. Tell me what you see.
把它移下来 再看一下
Now take it down. Now look again.
移下来 看到了
Now take it down. You see?
只是后院的照片
It’s just a picture of the backyard, that’s all.
有个重要的变化
One important change. One important change.
是花坛里的花
Those flowers in Thorwald’s pet flower bed.
你指狗在花坛中找什么
You mean where the dog was sniffing around?
狗一直在挖那儿 看那些花
Where the dog was digging. Now look at those flowers.
看 那两朵黄色的百日菊 在边上
Look, those two yellow zinnias on this end…
没有以前高了
aren’t as tall as they were.
什么时候开始花越长越矮了
Since when do flowers grow shorter in two weeks?
下面埋着东西
There’s something buried there.
索沃德太太
Mrs. Thorwald.
你最近很少去上坟吧
You haven’t spent much time around cemeteries, have you?
他绝不可能把妻子埋在一尺见方的地方
Mr. Thorwald could scarcely put his wife’s body…
他绝不可能把妻子埋在一尺见方的地方
in a plot of ground about one foot square.
除非他把她竖着埋下去
Unless, of course, he put her in standing on end.
如果那样 他就不需刀和锯子了
Then he wouldn’t need a knife and saw.
不 我看她已经被扔得遍布满城了
No, my idea is she’s scattered all over town. Leg in the East River…
-腿在东河里 -噢 斯泰拉 够了
– Oh, Stella, please. – No, there’s something in there though.
不 有东西在那儿 花被挖出来又栽回去
Those flowers have been taken out and put back in.
-可能是刀和锯子 -也许
– Maybe it’s the knife and saw. – Yeah…
-通知多尤中尉吧 -不 等一下
– Call Lieutenant Doyle. – No, let’s wait.
等天黑一点
Let’s wait till it gets a little darker,
我去挖
and I’ll go over there and dig them up.
你去 你还没开挖 脖子就断了
You’ll go? You won’t dig anything up and get your neck broken.
不 我们
No, we’ve…
我不会通知多尤 除非找到尸体
I’m not gonna call Doyle until I can produce Mrs. Thorwald’s body.
我们要做的是 到他公♥寓♥里去
What we’ve got to do is find a way to get into that apartment.
他在收拾东西
He’s packing.
噢哦
Uh- oh.
拿着 给我支笔
Here, get me a pencil.
斯泰拉 拿张信笺纸 在那上面
Stella, get me some note paper. It’s up here someplace.
好的
There it is.
拉兹 索沃德 你对她做了些什么
是你干的 索沃德 是你干的
You did it, Thorwald. You did it.
当心 丽莎 他来了
Look out, Lisa. He’s coming. Look.
你不该让她去的
You never should have let her do it.
啊 感谢老天 总算完了
Thank heaven that’s over.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!