You really want me to answer that?
当你打算开战的时候
Well, when you’re at war,
你要的人再怎么忠诚都不过分
you need people who are loyal to a fault.
我需要值得托付的人
People you can count on to get things done.
我只管逮捕不付账的人
I just get people arrested for not paying their bills.
我知道 因为有些问题
Yeah, ’cause there are some problems
需要动用武力
that require a physical solution,
但在某些情况下 尤其是战争时期
but there are other times, particularly at war,
你需要换一套规则执行
when you need a different set of rules.
-战争的规则 -没错
– The rules of war. – Exactly.
我的部门不是在绿洲运作真是可惜
It’s too bad my division doesn’t operate inside the OASIS.
是啊 如果这场战争只发生在绿洲
Yeah, but if this war remains in the OASIS,
那你也就帮不上忙了
then you can’t do anything.
所以这又是一场谈了也白谈的对话
So, this is one of those conversations that we’re not really having.
其实这样的对话以前也有过
Well, we’ve had these kind of conversations before,
不过如今的你今非昔比
and look where you are now.
你在董事会上有一席之地
You got a seat on the board,
是自己部门的主管
head of your own division,
但要是让别人获胜了
a division that will cease to exist
你这部门也不复存在了
if the wrong person wins this contest.
弗娜莱 这场游戏决定了我们的命运
F’Nale, a game decides our fate.
唯一的问题是
The only question is,
我们愿意为了获胜做到什么地步
how far are we willing to go to win it?
告诉我你需要什么 诺兰
Tell me what you need, Nolan.
我在哪儿
Where am I?
IOI总部 在这的是你的全息投影
IOI Plaza. You’re a hologram in the real world.
这装备真酷
That’s a really cool rig.
谢谢 全新体感椅OIR9400
Thank you. It’s a brand-new Habashaw, OIR 9400.
看上去像个巨大的仓鼠球
It looks like a giant hamster ball.
你要是来IOI工作 你也会有一个
You know, if you came to work at IOI, you’d get one of these.
我不组队
I don’t clan up.
你还能在哥伦布有套你自己的顶楼公♥寓♥
You’d also get your own penthouse apartment in Columbus
配备最高动♥*♥态♥*♥网♥速
with the highest-speed connection.
在绿洲里
In the OASIS,
你会有用不尽的武器 魔法道具 飞船
you’d get unlimited weapons, magic items, ships.
你想要《星际迷航》防卫者的那种飞船吗
You want the ship from Defender?
就那种可以直接进行超时空跳跃
You know, the kind that can just jump into hyperspace?
还是说你想要《星球大战》的千年隼号♥
You want the Millennium Falcon?
你还有这个
You have that?
只要能帮你找到彩蛋 什么都有
Anything you need to help you find that egg,
还附带薪水
and then there’s the salary.
一年四百万美金
Four million a year.
如果你碰巧找到彩蛋的话
And if you do happen to find that Easter egg,
还有奖金
there’s a bonus.
两千五百万美金
Twenty-five million dollars.
看得出你正在用情绪控制软件
I can see you’re using emotion-suppressing software right now,
当然了 明智的选择 不暴露底牌
and why wouldn’t you? It’s smart, not to show your hand.
这是很大一笔钱 我确实能用上
It is a lot of money. I could really use it.
但我觉得我们俩有不同的打算
But I don’t think you and I would have the same plans.
什么打算 为了绿洲吗
Well, I don’t know about that. What, for the OASIS?
我想如果你不是约翰·休斯的粉丝…
I guess if you’re not a John Hughes fan…
我当然是了
Of course I am.
因为我要做的第一件事
Because the first thing that I would do
就是把卢德斯星球上所有的学校都改成
is convert all the schools on Ludus to replicas
《早餐俱乐部》
from The Breakfast Club
和《春天不是读书天》里的样子
and Ferris Bueller.
不会吧 这主意太棒了
No way. That’s a great idea.
哪所学校 雷奇蒙德还是费伯
Which school, Ridgemont or Faber?
《雷奇蒙德中学时光》不是约翰·休斯导的
Fast Times at Ridgemont High, not John Hughes.
这是个陷阱 费伯学院则在《动物屋》
It’s a trap. Faber College from Animal House.
约翰·休斯没导过
John Hughes didn’t direct
《雷奇蒙德中学时光》和《动物屋》
Fast Times at Ridgemont High or Animal House.
在《春天不是读书天》和《早餐俱乐部》
Ferris Bueller and The Breakfast Club,
他们去的是舍默高中
they went to Shermer High School,
就在伊利诺伊州的舍默
which is in Shermer, Illinois.
我知道你什么意思
I know what you think.
你觉得我就是个混♥蛋♥企业家
You think I’m a corporate asshole,
完全不会欣赏流行文化 但是
that I don’t appreciate pop culture, but…
小伙子 事实并非如此
Man, that’s not true.
当我想放松一下的时候
You know, when I wanna blow off steam…
我会喝健怡可乐 玩《机器人♥大♥战》
Drink TaB, play Robotron,
听杜兰杜兰乐队的歌♥
listen to Duran Duran.
我拉开一罐健怡可乐
I crack open a TaB.
放上几首杜兰杜兰乐队的歌♥
I put on some Duran Duran.
玩玩《机器人♥大♥战》
I play Robotron.
这是我热爱绿洲的原因
That’s why I love the OASIS.
因为在绿洲 全都是你的最爱
‘Cause it’s just full of all these things, man,
都是人们热爱的事物 你明白吗
that people love. You know?
我知道我是个生意人
I’m a businessman. I get it.
但我只是在做我的工作
But I gotta do my job.
我不只是请你
But I didn’t ask you here
帮我们找到彩蛋 帕西法尔
just to help us find the egg, Parzival.
我请你来是为了更长远的以后
I asked you here for what comes after.
哈利迪会怎么看
What would Halliday say?
詹姆斯·哈利迪已经死了
James Halliday is dead.
没错 他死了
Yeah. He is.
他留下的只有这场比赛
All that’s left of him is this contest.
知道吗
And you know what?
他似乎不希望你赢得这场比赛
It just seems like he wouldn’t want you winning it.
真爱粉一眼就能看穿黑粉
A fanboy knows a hater,
我知道有彩蛋专家通过耳麦教你怎么回答
and I know you’ve got a whole department of oologists in your ear.
你想知道我的真实想法吗
So, if you wanna know what I really think…
我觉得你在满嘴喷粪
I think you’re full of shit.
我的提议如下
Here’s my offer.
你的董事会成员
Your board of directors,
从另一只耳朵里能听到吗
you got them in the other ear?
不如你告诉他们
Why don’t you tell ’em this.
如果他们炒了你 我就考虑加入
If they dump you, I’ll consider it.
私下说几句
I might say something off the record.
我必须要给你这个提议
I had to make the offer.
董事会希望这样 但我真心希望你拒绝
The board expected it, but I was really hoping you’d say no.
因为如果真有人要赢得这场比赛
Because if anyone’s gonna win this competition,
那一定会是我
it’s me.
我的角色会得到彩蛋
My avatar gets the egg
因为我是唯一一个有胆经营这个地方的人
’cause I’m the only one here with the balls to run this place.
你变得还真快啊
Wow, you really switched gears there.
理智商人秒变疯狂暴君
From fairly reasonable to maniacal overlord.
你应该感恩 韦德
You should be grateful, Wade.
你可撑不到我疯狂统治的那一天
You won’t be around to endure my maniacal reign.
没错 我知道你是谁
Yeah, that’s right. I know who you are.
韦德·欧文·沃茨
Wade Owen Watts,
出生于2027年8月12日
born August 12, 2027.
我还知道你在哪儿
I also know where you are.
哥伦布市叠楼区 56K单元
Unit 56K, Columbus stacks.
你最后一次踏进破拖车屋门是在三天前
You were last seen entering your trailer three days ago.
之后就再没出来过
You haven’t left since.
你要干什么 你不能…
What are you doing? You can’t…
世界上太多的事正在发生
With all that’s going on in the world,
你以为会有人真的在乎
do you really think that anyone’s gonna give a damn
哥伦布这种贫民窟中的
about an explosion
老鼠洞发生的爆♥炸♥吗
in some ghetto trash rat warren in Columbus?
索伦托 不要这样 我根本不在那里
Sorrento, don’t do this. I’m not even there!
很快就不在了
Not for long.
给爱丽丝打电♥话♥
Call Alice.
拨♥打♥爱丽丝号♥码
Dial Alice.
接电♥话♥ 接电♥话♥ 爱丽丝
Pick up! Pick up! Alice!
这体感套装真不错 非常感谢
This bootsuit’s pretty awesome. Thanks for that.
瑞克 瑞克 家里会爆♥炸♥
Rick! Rick, the place is gonna blow!
瑞克 是韦德吗
Rick, is that Wade?
-让爱丽丝接电♥话♥ -让我跟他说
– Put Alice on! – Let me talk to him.
不要再打电♥话♥来了 听到了吗