-in Tallahassee in the ’90s. -Tallahassee.
西蒙
Simon.
快来见见你的哥哥们
Come meet your brothers!
早见过了
还有更多
-I met them already. -There’s more.
他们都来了再跟我说
Let me know when they’re all here.
他们也得挖
They have to dig too.
快看雷伊 他很…怎么说来着?
Look at Ray. He’s all– What is the expression?
焦虑 非常焦虑 对吧?
Tied up. Tied up in knots, huh?
你俩都是
Both of you.
那老头总是捉弄我们
The old man was always screwing with us.
给我们取相同的名字
Gave us the same name.
为了避免混淆
妈妈们叫我们雷蒙德和雷伊
So our moms called us Raymond and Ray to avoid confusion,
但他会管我叫雷伊
管他叫雷蒙德 来制♥造♥混乱
but he’d just call me Ray and him Raymond and wreak havoc.
雷伊会因为我取得的成绩而受到褒奖
或是我因为他犯的错而受罚
Ray would get rewarded for my stuff or I’d get punished for his.
或者他会去看雷伊的比赛而不去看我的
Or he’d go see one of his games instead of mine.
而我才是运动健将 雷伊在运动方面很烂
I was a good athlete, but Ray sucked.
他是个学霸、全优生 但是他不擅长运动
I mean, he was a genius student. Straight A’s. But he sucked at sports.
那老头会和裁判以及其他爸爸们打架
The old man would start fights with the referees or the other dads.
快把妈妈们逼疯了 但他却乐此不疲
Drive our mothers crazy, but he loved it.
耍得我们团团转
Having us all bouncing around like pinballs.
雷伊对此反应最大
Ray took it the hardest.
他是个正在康复的瘾君子
最糟糕的时候 他就是个废人
He’s a recovering addict, and at his worst, he was a train wreck.
我试着去帮他
I tried to reach out to him to help,
但他不让我靠近
but he wouldn’t let me anywhere near him.
他对自己如此堕落感到愧疚不已
于是就销声匿迹了
He was so embarrassed, the state he was in. He vanished.
后来一个女人出现在他的生活中
让他浪子回头
And then he found a woman who helped him turn his life around.
之后她就死了
And then she died.
该死的
I mean, son of a bitch.
今天是我强迫他来的
I made him come here with me today.
这里是他所憎恨的一切事物的中心
This is like ground zero for everything he hates.
谢谢你能来
Thanks for coming.
我可不想错过…
I didn’t wanna miss–
是啊 谁想呢?
Yeah. I mean, who would?
他们是谁?
Who are they?
也是哈里斯的儿子
They’re Harris’s sons too.
对 就连那个小孩也是
Yeah. Even the kid.
小家伙?
对 露西娅的儿子
-Little guy? -Yeah. Lucia’s.
天啊 干得漂亮 哈里斯
Wow. Go, Harris.
你总共有多少兄弟?
不知道
-How many brothers are there? -I have no idea.
我今天才认识他们
I just met them today.
除了雷蒙德外
I mean, except for Raymond.
你们亲近吗?
You close to him?
我们是同父异母的兄弟
We’re half brothers.
成长过程中我们很亲密、形影不离
Growing up, we were connected at the hip. Inseparable.
高中的时候我们渐行渐远
And then, we drifted apart through high school.
当我们一起被哈里斯
羞辱、贬低、践踏的时候
When you’ve been humiliated together, degraded, devalued like we were by Harris,
那么彼此靠近就是一种提醒
then just being near each other is a reminder.
但这么多年来 我们一直保持着联♥系♥
But over the years, we stayed in touch.
他很努力地维系关系
You know, he’s good about that.
我总是不情愿 但是我从不后悔
I’m always reluctant, but I never regret it.
有时候我在想 如果我们今天见面
我们还会不会是朋友
Sometimes I wonder if we met today, if we’d even be friends.
他喜欢仪式
I mean, he likes this kind of thing. Rituals.
仪式很令人慰藉
Rituals are comforting.
是 “对您失去亲人我感到遗憾”
这句话我今天听了好多次了
Yeah. I mean, “I’m sorry for your loss.” I’ve heard that a dozen times today.
以至于它开始听起来像是
“祝你今天过得愉快”
It starts to sound like, “Have a nice day,” you know.
或是“把盐递给我” 或是…
Or, “Pass the salt.” Or…
我只是…我妻子之前得了恶性癌症
I’m just– My wife had this aggressive cancer,
所以我让她的父母
so I let her parents, you know,
完全主导葬礼的安排
have complete say in the funeral arrangements.
我就是无法面对
I just couldn’t deal.
他们把一切都安排得井井有条
They had everything organized and choreographed.
太多的浮华、隆重和庄严代替了悲伤
So much pomp and circumstance and solemnity standing in for sadness.
我希望这对他们是种完结
但令我悲痛欲绝
I hope it did them some good. It kicked my ass.
我这是在用其他葬礼的故事逗你开心
I’m entertaining you with stories of other funerals, you know.
我真绅士
Suave.
不需要逗我开心
I don’t need to be entertained.
妈妈 看看这些家伙 他们是杂技演员
Mom! Look at these guys! They’re acrobats!


-Hup! -Hey!
拜托 多做几个动作
Come on! Do some more!
够了 小家伙 有空来看我们表演吧
I think that’s enough, little man. Come see us sometime.
求你们了
西蒙
-Please? -Simon!
拜托 耍点小杂技没什么不好的
Come on. There’s nothing wrong with a few tricks.
牧师 对吧?为了纪念西蒙已故的父亲
Right, Reverend? In honor of Simon’s late father.
如果大家都同意的话 我觉得可以
I think it’s okay, if everybody agrees?
好吧
哥哥 谢谢
-Okay. -Thanks, bro!
开始了 准备好了?来
Here we go. Ready? Hup!
开始 来
Here we go. Hup!
精彩
Bravo!
上来了 站稳
很好
-There we go. Settle it. -Uh-huh.
就这样
There it is.
太精彩了
Bravo!
要下来了
Coming down.
凳子 上 然后…
Benches. Here we go. And…
西蒙 过来
过来
-Simon, come on in. -Come on in.
把手举起来…踩上我的腿
Hands up. Hand up here. Step on here.
可以吗?上来
很好 没错
-Okay? Step up. -Very good. There we go.
很好 慢慢来
Good. Nice and easy.
踩在他肩上 很好

-Step on his shoulder. Good. -Good.
微笑着摆造型 来
Style with a smile. Hup!

好耶
-Hey. -Yay!
好棒 太精彩了

-Bravo. Solid. -Hey.
真不错
下来吧
-Nice. -Coming on down.
三、二、一 开始
Three, two, one. Go.
天啊
Wow.
漂亮
他下来了
-Bravo! -There he is.
我的宝贝
Mi amor.
我们是不是该和这些人聊聊?认识一下
Shouldn’t we talk to these guys, get to know them?
然后呢?参加彼此的生日派对
互相寄圣诞卡?
And then what? Birthday parties, Christmas cards?
我不需要新关系
I don’t need any new people.
对 你有很多朋友和爱人
Yeah. You’re plenty busy with all the friends and loved ones
在身边
that surround you.
阿西娜在我身边去世
之后的生活是我自己选择的
Athena died on me. The rest is by choice.
有喝的吗?
You have anything to drink?
有 不过是温的
没关系
-Yeah. I mean, they’re warm. -That’s fine.
谢谢
谢谢
-Thanks. -Thanks.
你们什么时候回去?
今晚乘巴士走
-When do you guys head back? -Tonight, by bus.
我们明天要在夏洛特演出
We have a show in Charlotte tomorrow.
你们常常见到那老头吗?
Did you see the old man often?
我们素未谋面
We never met him.
但他还是想让我们来
He wanted us here anyway.
但是他们在一起多久?他和你们的妈妈
But how long were they together? With your mom?
没多久 一两个星期吧
Not long. A week or two.
文森特和我是异卵双胞胎
继父才是我们真正的父亲
Vincent and I are fraternal twins. Our stepdad, he’s our true father.
他会想知道这一切的
He’ll wanna hear all about this.
他一定会觉得很有趣
He’ll get a kick out of it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!