你父亲的某些特质令我着迷
Something about your father captured me.
他是个很传统的人 被过去困扰着
A very old soul. Haunted.
他是个什么样的父亲?
What was he like as a father?
最糟糕的那种
The worst.
这我可没想到
I wouldn’t have guessed that.
不过话说回来 最后除了
他的朋友露西娅外 没有人给他送终
But then again, no one was there towards the end except his friend Lucia.
这就说得通了
So, that explains that.
你会举♥行♥葬礼吗?
是的
-Are you having a burial? -Oh, yeah.
我们要自己动手挖坟墓 我兄弟和我一起
这是他最后的请求
We’re digging the grave ourselves, my brother and I. His final request.
他为什么要你们这么做?
Why would he want you to do that?
我和你一样一头雾水
Your guess is as good as mine.
你觉得是为什么?
想弄疯我们
-What’s yours? -Trying to screw with our heads.
控制我们越久越好
Exercise his power over us for as long as possible.
你们随时都可以拒绝
You can always refuse.
是 但我们没有
Yeah. We didn’t.
那他得逞了
Well, then it worked.
那时他已经准备好离世了
甚至拒绝吃止痛药
He was ready to go. Even declined painkillers.
他想神志清醒地死去
He wanted to go out with all his senses.
我觉得音乐帮他缓解了很多病痛的折磨
I think music helped him get through a lot of it.
他会戴上耳塞、连上手♥机♥ 然后闭上眼睛
He’d put on his earbuds and plug into his phone and close his eyes
承受病痛
and weather the pain.
我问他说:“你听的是什么音乐?”
I asked him, I said, “What music is that?”
他说:“秘密”
He said, “It’s a secret.”
但到了晚上 我去看他的时候
But at night, when I came in to check on him,
我能听出他在反复地听同一首曲子
I could tell it was the same song over and over again.
可以的话 他会听着这首曲子入睡
He’d fall asleep listening to it, when he could.
什么曲子?
What song?
不知道 乐曲 可能是蓝调音乐
I don’t know. Something instrumental. Bluesy, maybe.
我该走了
I should get going.
你等下会去墓地吗?
Are you gonna be at the cemetery later?
不了吧 我没打算去
No, I wasn’t planning on it.
好吧
Oh, right.
我去不了
当然了
-Don’t think I can. -Of course not.
很高兴认识你
Nice meeting you.
嘿 我要你打电♥话♥给门德斯
那个律师 好吗?
Hey, I need you to call that Mendez, the lawyer, right?
我想找到爸爸所有的私人物品
I wanna find all Dad’s personal belongings.
就是他留在医院里的所有东西
You know, all the stuff he left at the hospital.
你要干吗?
我只是…我想要他的手♥机♥
-What for? -I just– I want his cell phone.
那手♥机♥逾期没缴费 你也没法用
You won’t be able to use it past the billing date.
不是…没关系的 好吗?
你就打给他问问吧
No, not– It’s fine, all right? Just call him.
谢谢
Thank you.
该死
Oh, fuck.
门德斯先生 我是雷蒙德 是
Mr. Mendez. It’s Raymond. Yeah.
你知道我们父亲的私人物品
怎么处理了吗?
Do you know what happened to our father’s personal effects
留在医院那些
at the hospital?
好 我…我们会试试 谢谢
Okay, I– We’ll try that. Thank you.
他怎么说?
他不知道
-So, what’d he say? -He had no idea.
该…
他让我去问…
-F– -He said to ask–
他让我去问露西娅 她会去墓地
He said to ask Lucia. She’ll be at the cemetery.
好的 你有她的电♥话♥号♥码吗?
什么?
-All right. Well, did you get her number? -What?
什…再打给他问她的号♥码
Wha– Call him back. Get her number.
你发什么疯?
照我说的做就是了
-What’s up your ass? -Just do it.
语♥音♥留言
该死
-Voice mail. -Fuck!
你这个混♥蛋♥
You son of a bitch.
你以为在地狱里还能嘲笑我?
You think you can laugh at me from hell, huh?
对于音乐你懂个鬼
What the fuck do you know about music?
你用了80年
It takes you 80 years
才发现它能帮你摆脱痛苦?
to discover that it can help you through your pain, huh?
白♥痴♥
You moron.
哈里斯 别耍我 你会后悔的
Don’t fuck with me, Harris. You’ll regret it.
打给我
Call me.
老天啊
God.
想象一下如果妈妈们现在在这里
Imagine if the moms were here now.
别了吧
为什么?
-I’d rather not. -Why?
她们会伤心的
They’d get all tangled up.
我妈不会
Not my mom.
不会的 她把他甩了
No, when she shed him off,
我认为甩得很彻底 就像换肤一样
I think she shed him off for good, like changing skin.
他干的那些破事 简直不可思议
The shit he got away with. I mean, can you imagine?
他的妻子和情人成了一生挚友
I mean, his wife and his lover become lifelong friends.
就像受虐妻子俱乐部
It’s like the Battered Wives Club.
这个嘛…
Well–
雷伊 他就是个普通人而已
He was just a guy, Ray.
我知道他可能是个不折不扣的混♥蛋♥
他也可能会失控 但是…
I mean, I know he could be a real asshole, and he could lose control, but–
他也经历了不少糟心事
Well, he– Shit things happened to him too.
不 这不是借口
No, it’s no excuse.
他应该为自己的生活负责
You know, he should take responsibility for his own life.
这是他的生活和责任
It’s his life, his responsibility.
对 就像我们要对自己的生活负责
Yeah, like our lives are our responsibility.
老天 你为什么就不肯埋怨他呢?
Oh, God. Why won’t you point the finger at him?
埋怨他对现在也于事无补啊
面对现实吧
-What good would that do now? -Just face the facts.
我面对现实了呀
不 你没有
-I face the facts. -No, you don’t.
闭嘴吧你
他上了你老婆啊
-Fuck off. -I mean, he fucked your wife.
多谢提醒 雷伊
什么 你居然忘了?
-Thanks for reminding me, Ray. -What, you forgot?
去死吧你 靠边停
Fuck you! Pull over!
我会自己走过去
然后一个人去挖那个破坑
I’ll walk the rest of the way and dig the fucking hole myself,
你真是个人♥渣♥
you piece of shit.
雷伊 别把你的愤怒
发泄在我身上 会把我击垮
Your anger, Ray. I couldn’t carry it. It would crush me.
下午好
Good afternoon.
我是塞德戴尔公墓的工作人员
I’m with Cederdale Cemeteries.
对您失去亲人深表遗憾
谢谢
-I’m very sorry for your loss. -Thank you.
为了标记这块地
我擅自做主把草给清除了
I took the liberty of removing the grass to mark the area.
好 谢谢
Okay. Thank you.
这把扁平铲之后会让你们挖得轻松点
This flat blade is gonna make things easier for you later.
这把鹤嘴锄可以铲硬地和石头
This pickax for harder areas, rocks too.
要挖多深?
How deep?
1.8米
Six feet.
好吧
Right.
有什么需要的话 我就在附近
I’ll be around here if you need me.
谢了
Thanks.
墓碑上为什么没日期?
Why are there no dates?
这是他要求的
他有说原因吗?
(本杰明里德哈里斯三世)
-It’s what he requested. -Did he say why?
没说
He did not.
开工吧
Get to it.
先生们 我是韦斯特牧师
Gentlemen. Rev. West.
很高兴终于见到你们了
It’s great to finally meet you,
尽管在这种情况下见面
despite the circumstances.
请节哀
My condolences.
谢谢
Thank you.
坎菲尔德先生
韦斯特牧师
-Mr. Canfield. -Reverend West.
哈里斯老提起你们 都是溢美之词
Harris spoke about you men many times, always in glowing terms.

Yeah.
这真是辛劳至极的工作
Some backbreaking work.
我说了什么好笑的话吗?
Did I say something funny?
“溢美之词” “辛劳至极的工作”
“Glowing terms.” “Backbreaking work.”
你从哪儿学的这些废话?
It’s just, where do you get that shit?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!