I know.
你在这里工作多久了?
How long have you worked here?
这是我家
It’s my house.
我喜欢你的布置
I love the way you’ve set it up.
非常随意 但还很合理
Very free-spirited and yet still sensible.
谢谢你
Thank you.
哈里斯是你的房♥客吗?
Was Harris your tenant?
不是 我和前夫之前开了一家洗车店
No. My ex-husband and I had a car wash.
哈里斯去店里买♥♥烟
Harris came to the store for cigarettes.
他年纪大一些 但待人友好、善于倾听
He was older, but he was friendly and a good listener.
我们曾经一度是恋人 后来一直是朋友
We were lovers for a while. Then we stayed friends.
去年他生病了 我让他搬进来住
And when he got sick last year, I moved him in.
他总在看你们在湖边的照片
He looked at that picture of you guys at the lake all the time.
我对他说 :“不如打给这些男孩
I said to him, “Why don’t you call these boys?
他们可以来看你”
They can visit you.”
他说不了
He said no.
他说:“他们长大后和小时候判若两人”
He said, “The boys and the men were not the same thing.”
是你的吗?
Is it one of yours?

Yeah.
没错
Uh-huh.
我们大吵一架后他抢走的
He took it from me after one of our big fights,
高中四年级暑假时
summer of senior year.
他告诉我说给当掉了
He told me he pawned it.
我把全美国所有的当铺都搜了个遍
Must have scoured every pawn shop in the States.
虽然他一直不把我当人对待
但那次吵完后我们就形同陌路了
I mean, he was always an asshole to me, but that was the beginning of the end.
为了什么吵啊?
What was the fight about?
我都不知道
I have no idea.
他几周前刚刚请人把它洗干净并修好了
He had that cleaned and fixed just a few weeks ago.
我不知道你觉得我活得很失败
I had no idea you thought my life was shit.
我不是这么说的
我听到你说的话了
-That’s not what I said. -I heard what you said.
你说我的生活不如意
我…
-You said my life hadn’t panned out… -I–
这话的意思就是说我很失败
才不是 我…
-…which is one way of calling out failure. -No, I–
我喜欢自己按喜欢的方式做事
我…
-I like things the way I like them. -I–
稳定
Steady.
也许这样显得我无聊或懒惰
Maybe that makes me boring or lazy.
令我的几段婚姻破裂 我知道
It cost me my marriages. I know that.
奥利芙说与她相比 我对空调的兴趣更大
Olive said I was more interested in air conditioning than I was in her.
玛莎第一次看到我完美地熨好一件衬衫
The first time Marsha saw me ironing a perfect shirt,
她居然哭了 因为她以为我是同性恋
she burst into tears thinking I was gay.
我喜欢平静与安详
I like my peace and quiet.
如果这就是所谓的生活不如意
那就不如意吧
If that means my life didn’t pan out, then it didn’t pan out.
我无所谓 我睡得像婴儿一样甜美
I’m okay. I sleep like a baby.
我们可是在混乱环境中长大的
We come from chaos.
我希望你们对这一切都满意
I hope everything is satisfactory.
是的 很好 谢谢 看起来不错
Yeah, it’s fine. Thank you. It looks good.
我们必须开始往墓地那边走
We will have to begin our move to the cemetery
大约一个半小时后
in about an hour and a half
为了能满足他的心愿 在日落时分安葬他
in order to make his desired time for the burial at sunset,
这样你们才够时间挖墓地
allowing for the time to dig.
门德斯先生有没有说
Mr. Mendez spoke with you both
你们父亲的遗愿是由你们挖掘墓地?
about your father’s wishes with respect to that?
说了
He did.
我觉得时间肯定够
I think we’ll be fine.
真不错
Oh, goody.
借过
抱歉
-Excuse me. -Sorry.
邦妮 迈克尔
Bonnie. Michael.
谁是迈克尔?
Who’s Michael?
如果哀悼者第一个到了 却发现♥房♥♥间空着
It’s often uncomfortable for mourners to be the first to arrive
他们通常会感到不舒服
and find an empty room.
因为房♥间里只有死者一人
You know, the deceased by himself.
所以有时候我们会安排几个人先进去坐下
So, sometimes we, you know, place a couple of people just to sit in.
当然 这不会额外收费
At no cost to the family, of course.
然后随着来的人越来越多
And then, as the room begins to gradually fill,
他们会悄悄出去
they will step out discreetly.
很好

-Great. -Yep.
不过我需要你们来我的办公室签一些文件
I’ll need you to sign some documents in my office, though.
对了 我还需要你们的驾照
Yeah, and I’ll need your driver’s license.
拜托不要在我们父亲的遗体告别仪式上
Try not to fuck the funeral home receptionist
搞殡仪馆接待员
at our own father’s viewing.
好 我尽量
Okay, I’ll try.
老爸 你好冰冷 毫无生机
You’re cold as ice, Pops.
好了 谢谢你们 你们可以走了 谢谢 快走
All right, thank you. You can go. Thanks. Shoo.
很遗憾 我不能再继续待下去了
Unfortunately, I can’t stay longer.
别担心 非常感谢你能来
Don’t worry. Thank you so much for coming.
不会 我很高兴能来 真的
No, I’m happy to be here. Yeah.
听起来不太对劲 对吧?
That didn’t sound right, huh?
看看你 你的笑容很美、很真诚
笑容不会说谎
Look at you. You have a good smile. It’s open. It does not lie.
你结婚了吗?有孩子吗?
Are you married? Kids?
现在分居了 这之前离过两次婚
I’m separated. Twice divorced before that.
天啊
Wow.
有…几个孩子?
And… how many kids?
有个儿子
I have a son.
他入伍了…
He’s in the Army…
什…
And Wh–
你不想谈论他吗?
You don’t want to talk about him?
不是 没关系的…
No, it’s fine–
你们要在城里待多久?
How long are you guys in town?
需要住处的话 他的房♥间空着呢
If you need a place to sleep, his room is available, of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
但我在那个房♥间里肯定睡不着
But I don’t think I could sleep in that room.
为什么?
Why?
医院的病床已经撤走了
The hospital bed is gone
他所有的物品里
有用的会捐给救世军 没用的会丢掉
and everything’s going to the Salvation Army or to the trash.
这是他想要的?

-Is that what he wanted? -Yeah.
他给所有人都留下一些东西 这就够了
其余的东西必须处理掉
He left everyone something, and that’s it. The rest must go.
但如果你有什么想要的 比如说
But if you want anything like, I don’t know,
你们自己的
或者你们妈妈的照片 我没意见
photos of you guys or your moms, it’s okay for me.

Hi.
稍后见
I will see you later.
好的…
Yeah, okay.
我们认识吗?
Do I know you?
应该不认识
I don’t think so.
确定?
You sure?

Yeah.
那我走过的时候 你为什么那样看着我?
So why you look at me like that when I walk by?
哪样?
Like what?
你觉得我喜欢被你盯着看?
不是 我…
-You think I enjoy it? -No, I–
我只想弄明白你这么盯着我看有何居心
I’m just trying to understand where you’re coming from.
等等 你让我想起了一个人
Wait, you reminded me of someone.
你觉得我应该受宠若惊 是吗?
You think I should be flattered, is that it?
很抱歉在刚在外面盯着你看
这么做很不好
I’m sorry about gawking at you out there. That was a crappy thing to do.
是的 很不好 也很吓人
Yes, crappy and creepy.
我会努力表现得不像个混♥蛋♥
Well, I will endeavor to stop behaving like an asshole.

好的
-Okay. -Okay.
我是雷伊 那是我父亲哈里斯
I’m Ray. That’s my father, Harris.
我是吉拉
Kiera.
我是在圣安妮医院照顾他的护士之一
I was one of his nurses at St. Anne’s.
节哀顺变
My condolences.
你总是参加病人的葬礼吗?
You always come to your patient’s funerals?
不是
No.
他让我来的
He asked me to.
他说如果我来的话
他会感到安慰 我很乐意这么做
He said it gave him comfort to know I’d be here, and I’m happy to do it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!