-That won’t be necessary. -No. Our father was not a Jew.
他有一次皈依了30分钟…

-He converted for 30 minutes once… -Right.
然后…没有 他仍然很痛苦
…and– No, and he was still miserable.
不要拉比 谢谢
No rabbi. Thank you.
哈里斯先生准备好了
Mr. Harris is ready.
请节哀顺变
I’m sorry for your loss.
我在他身上花了点功夫
I worked on him a little.
他非常憔悴
He was quite emaciated.
是 谢谢你
Yeah. Well, thank you.
他是怎么死的?
How’d he die?
那你得去问他的医生
Well, you would have to speak with his physician about that,
但我相信死亡证明上写得是
充血性心力衰竭
but I believe the death certificate mentioned congestive heart failure
以及肺癌
and cancer of the lung.
你父亲的遗愿是
光着身子被放在棺材里下葬
Your father’s wish was to be buried naked inside the casket.
我建议给他在告别仪式上穿件衬衫
如果你们能提供的话
I suggest he wear a shirt for the viewing, if you could provide one.
会有很多人来参加葬礼吗?
Will you be expecting a large group of people?
不会吧
Why, I don’t think so.
我让你们单独和他待一会儿
Well, we’ll leave you alone with him.
你最后一次见他是何时?
When did you last see him?
也许在你的某次婚礼上
Maybe at one of your weddings.
他只参加过我的一场婚礼
我和玛莎结婚那次
He only came to my wedding with Marsha.

Yeah.
他说你的小舅子是弱智 记得吗?
He called your brother-in-law a retard, remember?
然后你岳父差点揍他
Then your father-in-law almost attacked him.
那次婚礼差点就变成一场闹剧
I mean, that reception was one punch from a shit show.
事情不是那样的 别重写历史 雷伊
It wasn’t like that. Don’t rewrite history, Ray.
他一直都这么矮小吗?
光着身子下葬是怎么回事?
Was he always this little? What’s this shit about being buried naked?
他一直都是个暴露狂
He was always such an exhibitionist.
他的老二还是比我们的大
His dick is still bigger than ours.
看到他那样躺在那里 我百感交集
It was really something seeing him lying there like that.
现在他真的不在了 我感觉得到
He’s really gone now. I feel it.
我感觉好极了 能彻底放下他
I feel good about it. Letting it go.
宽恕的感觉真不错
Forgiveness is good.
兄弟们 请进…
Come in. Come in, men.
很高兴终于见到你们的庐山真面目了
So good to finally meet you, to put faces to the names.
谢谢你见我们
不用客气 请坐
-Well, thank you for meeting with us. -Of course. Sit, please.
喝咖啡还是白水?
Coffee? Water?
不用了
不喝了 谢谢
-No, we’re good. -No, thanks.
有趣的是 我老听他说
You know, it’s funny. I heard him say so many times,
“我的儿子们
我的孩子们、我的小子们”
“My sons, my children, my boys.”
你认识我们的父亲多久了?
How long did you know our father?
差不多有七年了
About seven years.
我曾经为一个起诉他诽谤的人辩护
I represented a man who was suing him for slander.
我的委托人赢了那个案子
And my client won that case.
我的表现令你们的父亲印象深刻
Your father was so impressed by my work
于是他请我帮他起诉邦艾尔
that he hired me to help him sue the city of Bon Air.
为什么起诉?
For what?
在市政厅上挂圣诞花环
Christmas wreaths on City Hall.
他说那违反了政教分离的原则
He said it violated the separation of church and state.
他怎么可能请得起你?
How could he even afford you?
我为他无偿工作
I worked for him pro bono.
你们的父亲很能言善辩
Your father was a great conversationalist, a ferocious debater.
倒不是说他很老练 但他契而不舍
Not sophisticated necessarily, but tireless.
哪怕只是听他怨天尤人 我都愿意花钱
I would pay him just to hear him gripe about the world the way he did.
好了 这是他最后的遗嘱
Okay. Your father’s last will.
他所有的资产大约有五千二百美元
都在一个支票账户里
He leaves all his assets, it’s about $5200 in a checking account,
将平分给来参加葬礼的儿子们
to be divided equally among his sons that attend the funeral.
我知道这钱听起来不多
I know it doesn’t sound like much,
但也许能帮你们支付葬礼的费用
but maybe it can help with the funeral expenses.
也许还能支付交通费用
Travel expenses, perhaps.
或者你们可以在葬礼后
为出席的人举办一个招待会
Or you can throw a reception for the attendees afterwards.
你们自己决定
It’s up to you.
他还在家里给你们留了一些私人物品
Your father also left you some personal items at his home.
这是地址
Here is his address.
德尔加多女士一整天都在那里
And Ms. Delgado will be there all day.
德尔加多女士?
是的 先生
-Ms. Delgado? -Yes, sir.
最后 你们的父亲还希望你们为他挖坟墓
And lastly, it was also your father’s wish that you dig his grave.
你说什么?
What?
由他的儿子们为他亲手挖坟墓 不用机器
That his sons dig his grave on their own, without machinery.
当然可以用铁锹
Shovels are fine, of course.
挖好后 要把棺材埋到地下 再把坟墓填好
And then, you are to lower the casket into the ground and cover the grave again.
真是个混♥蛋♥
雷伊 别说了
-What an asshole. -No, Ray.
不…
等等 允许这么做吗?
-No… -No. Is this even allowed?
公墓必须容纳各种信仰的人
The cemetery must accommodate all faiths.
你们的父亲称他的汤加血统要求必须如此
Your father claimed his Tongan roots demanded it.
为了汤加血统
‘Cause of our Tongan roots.
是的
这是许可证
-Yeah. -Here’s the permit.
你们到了以后 请向葬礼承办人表明身份
When you get there, please identify yourselves to the funeral director
这样你们就可以挖了
so that you can dig.
请务必携带有效驾照
Make sure to bring a valid driver’s license.
嗨 我们是哈里斯的儿子
Hi. We’re Harris’s sons.
请节哀
I’m sorry for your loss.
谢谢
Thank you.
这是什么意思?
What is that?
什么?
你敲门框
-What? -What you did.
没什么
D– Nothing.
看着是有什么 为什么敲?
It looks like something. What is it for?
只是个坏习惯
It’s just a bad habit.
让你感觉好点吗?
It makes you feel better?
没事了 你在这儿很安全
It’s all good. You are safe here.
你父亲的房♥间是楼上的最后一间
Your father’s room is upstairs, the last room.
我来做饭
I’m cooking something.
我是露西娅
我是雷蒙德
-Lucia. -I’m Raymond.
这位是…
雷蒙德和雷伊
-This is– -Raymond and Ray.
你在这里很安全 兄弟
You’re safe here, buddy.
那是什么?
What’s that?
他自己的小神坛
His little altar to himself.
嘿 看这个
Hey, look at this.
这两个家伙是谁?
Who the hell are they?
不知道
I don’t know.
你们饿吗?
Are you guys hungry?
不饿 不用麻烦了 谢谢
Oh, no. We’re fine, thank you.
我们不饿 谢谢
谢谢
-We’re good, thanks. -Thanks.
我去把你们的箱子拿过来
I’ll get your boxes.
看妈妈们 真漂亮
Look. The moms. So beautiful.
还没被他吸干血
Before he sucked the lifeblood out of them.
该死
Fuck.
嘿 就像圣诞节时一样
Hey, it’s just like Christmas.
是 但我们不是小孩子了
Yeah, except we’re not kids.
不是了吗?
Are we not?
我们是两个生活不如意的成年男人
We’re a couple of grown-ass men whose lives didn’t pan out.
别这么说
事实如此
-Don’t say that. -It’s the truth.
嘿 你把我惹毛了
Hey, you’re pissing me off.
冷静点 马儿
嘿 去死吧 雷伊
-Easy, horse. -Hey, fuck you, Ray.
不许说我生活不如意
我喜欢你生气的样子 早该生气了
-Don’t say my life hasn’t panned out! -I like you angry. About fucking time.
不用…谢谢
Oh, n– Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
看着不错
Looks good.
好吃
This is delicious.
我知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!