It’s the law of the land.
你家暴你儿子了吗?
Were you a monster to your boy?
嘿…抱歉
Hey– I’m sorry.
喂?韦斯特牧师吗?
Hello? Reverend West?
你好吗?
How are you?
对 我们在路上
我们是直接去找你 还是…
Yeah, we’re on the road. Do we come straight to you, or…
好的
All right.
你可以给他这个号♥码
You can give him this number.
就要这些?

-That it for you? -Yep.
这家店很不错
谢谢
-It’s a cool store. -Thanks.
你开的?
Is it yours?
得了吧 你觉得我像个女老板吗?
Yeah, right. Do I look like a boss lady to you?
像 当然像
Yeah, you sure do.
就像大多数南方女孩一样
It’s like most girls in the South.
于是吧 我决定反抗一下
真的?
-So, like, I decided to rebel a little. -Really?
真棒
That is amazing.
刚刚在里面 你那样算什么?
What was that about in there?
没什么
Nothing.
女人就喜欢对你投怀送抱 对吧?
They just come to you, don’t they?
像苍蝇被大便吸引那样情不自禁
Like flies to shit.
韦斯特牧师打电♥话♥了
Reverend West called.
他们到底认识多久了?
How long have they even known each other?
我是说 我敢肯定老爸死前没人在身边
I mean, Dad died alone, I bet.
这人插手只是为了让他看起来不那么可怜
This guy just stepped in to make it all a little less desperate and depressing.
是他自己疏远所有人 咎由自取
And this is what the end looks like when you’ve alienated everyone.
现在他们叫我们来当托儿 为他说好话
And now they’ve called us in to be the shills.
你对他就没有什么美好的回忆吗?
You don’t have any good memories of him?
有一点 真希望一点都没有
I have some. I wish I didn’t.
为什么?
Why?
喂?我是雷蒙德
Hello? Raymond.
我是纪念殡仪馆的坎菲尔德先生
This is Mr. Canfield from Remembrance Funeral Homes.
是 嗨
Oh, yes. Hi.
首先 我对你失去父亲深表遗憾
First off, let me say that I am very sorry for your loss.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
几年前我曾短暂见过你父亲一面
I met your father briefly a couple of years ago,
那时候他在安排后事
when he was making arrangements.
他是个很有魅力、敏感的人
Very charismatic. A sensitive soul.
节哀顺变
My condolences.
安排什么后事?
What kind of arrangements?
他想要一个敞开的棺材
He wanted to have an open casket.
当然 这需要对遗体进行防腐处理
而且我们需要马上开始
That requires embalming, of course, and we need to start on that right away
若想在下午早些时候
进行遗体告别仪式的话
if we want to have an early afternoon viewing,
这是他要求的
which is what he requested.
好的
Okay.
问题是 你父亲预付了棺材和墓碑的费用
The thing is, your father prepaid for the casket and the headstone
还付了防腐处理费用的订金
但他一直没付余款
and a deposit on the embalming, but he never paid the balance.
我知道在这个困难的时刻 说…
还差多少钱?
-I know in this difficult moment it’s– -How much is it?
您说什么?
那是我兄弟雷伊
-I’m sorry? -That’s my brother, Ray.

Here.
先生 很高兴认识你 请节哀顺变
Nice to meet you, sir. I’m sorry for your loss.
还差多少钱?
How much is it?
算上税 总共是475美元
包括遗体的美容费用
All in, with taxes, it’s $475, and that includes cosmetic work.
你是说化妆吗?
You talking ’bout makeup?
是的 我们会让他看起来不错
好让遗体瞻仰令人满意…
Yes. We would like to prepare him so that the experience is as rewarding–
明白了 这笔费用太扯了 我们不需要
Yeah, that’s a bullshit expense. We don’t need that.
我们不需要看他
We don’t need to see him.
抱歉 我没听清
Excuse me, I didn’t catch that.
请继续吧 我们到了以后会付清费用
Please, go ahead with it. We’ll settle up when we get there.
另外 你父亲的律师门德斯先生
Also, a Mr. Mendez, your father’s attorney,
之前打来电♥话♥问进展如何
called earlier to see how things were going.
我现在就把他的号♥码发给你
好 非常感谢
-And I will text you his number now. -Okay, thank you very much.
待会儿见
See you soon.
哈里斯的律师?
Harris’s attorney?
500美元?你付得起吗?
I mean, $500? Can you afford that?
付不起 但这种葬礼我们只用办一次
No, but we only do this funeral once.
好好办吧
但我付不起
-Let’s do it right. -But I can’t afford it.
我可不会给钱
雷伊 我会给钱
-I’m not gonna pay. -I’ll do it, Ray.
这样行吗?
Is that all right with you?
老天啊
Jesus Christ.
开免提
Put it on speaker.
马克斯门德斯
Max Mendez.
你好 门德斯先生 我是雷蒙德
Yes. Mr. Mendez, my name’s Raymond.
我父亲是本哈里斯
My father was Ben Harris.
你好 我对你失去父亲深表遗憾
谢谢
-Yes. I’m very sorry for your loss. -Thank you.
你父亲是个模范人物
也是个很有魅力的男人
Your father was an exemplary man. A very charming man too.
是的 人们会怀念他的 我敢肯定
Yeah, he will be missed. I am sure of it.
你想和我们谈谈?
You wanted to talk with us?
对 但是很不巧 还有另一个客户在等我
Yes. Unfortunately, I have another client waiting for me.
你能晚点过来吗?有些事情要和你商量
Could you come by a little later? There are some things to go over.
你兄弟雷伊和你在一起吗?
Is your brother Ray with you?

Yes.
很好 11点见?
11点可以
-Good. 11:00? -11:00 is good.
我会把地址短♥信♥发给你
就像你父亲常说的那句法语:“回见”
I will text you my address. And as your father used to say, à bientôt.
回见?
À bientôt?
还记得他让我们去上法语课吗?
You remember he made us go to those French lessons,
然后他改变了主意 又不让我们去了
and then he changed his mind and pulled us out?
我真的很喜欢法语课
I really enjoyed those.
谢谢
Thank you.
节哀顺变
Sorry.
请节哀
Sorry.
请问坎菲尔德先生在哪?
I’m looking for Mr. Canfield.
嗨 我就是
Hi. That’s me.
你是雷蒙德哈里斯?
You’re Mr. Raymond Harris?
是的
嗨 很高兴见到你
-Yeah. -Hi. Pleased to meet you.
这位是雷伊

-This is Ray. -Hi.
萝丝 查查看
哈里斯先生还要多久能准备好
Rose, find out how long until Mr. Harris is ready.
对您失去至亲我深表遗憾
I’m very sorry for your loss.
你们旅途顺利吗?
So, you have a good trip?
挺顺利 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
你的家在哪里?
Where do you make your home?
离这儿几百公里吧
Couple hundred miles from here.
你很像你的父亲
You resemble your father.
哈里斯先生几分钟后就会准备好
Mr. Harris will be ready in a few minutes.
菲力克斯会来找你们
Felix will come looking for you.
太好了 与此同时
Great. In the meantime,
我想带你们去看看
你们的父亲预先挑好的棺材
I want to show you the casket that your father pre-selected.
请跟我来
If you’ll follow me this way.
谢谢
Thanks.
麻烦你们在这里等一下 我马上就回来
If you don’t mind waiting right here, I’ll be right with you.
就是这个?
Really?
真是世上最小气的人
The cheapest man who ever lived.
我相信这不是价钱的问题
I believe it wasn’t a matter of cost.
其他的棺材我给他打折了
但他坚持要这个
I offered him discounts on other caskets, but he insisted.
他说他作为犹太人最喜欢的事情
He said it was his favorite thing about being a Jew,
就是棺材要低调
the humility of the casket,
说到这个 我想问
which brings me to my question.
我知道他和韦斯特牧师关系很好
I know he was close with Reverend West,
但也许你们也想找个拉比来参加葬礼?
but perhaps you would also like a rabbi to attend?
那就不必了
不用 我们的父亲不是犹太人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!