You… you were the ones that taught
me that making a record is business,
你们发现了赚钱的绝佳途径
and find the best
business deal you can.
现在,每销♥售♥一美元就能赚75美分
拥有我的作品
Now, 75 cents of every dollar,
and owning my own masters
能带来真♥他♥妈♥好的生意
is a pretty damn
good deal.
相匹配吗?
Can you match it?
雷,我们也想让他匹配,但我们不能
Ray, we would love to
match it, but we just can’t.
这个比辛纳屈的作品卖♥♥得还好
That’s a better deal
than Sinatra gets.
我为你感到骄傲
I’m very proud of you.
就像让孩子们都去体验乡村笨蛋的歌♥曲
Looks like those boys are going
to get a taste of country dumb.
是的
Yeah.
他会好的,老兄
He’ll be all right, man.
你们总会找到最好的
You guys
always do find the best.
∮ 乔治亚 ∮
? Georgia ?
∮ 乔治亚 ∮
? Georgia ?
∮ 整整一天 ∮
? The whole day through ?
∮ 整整一天 ∮
? The whole day through ?
∮ 都是这首甜美的老歌♥ ∮
? Just an old sweet song ?
∮ 让我心系乔治亚州 ∮
? Keeps Georgia on my mind ?
∮ 心系乔治亚州 ∮
? Georgia on my mind ?
∮ 我说乔治亚州 ∮
? I said Georgia ?
∮ 乔治亚州 ∮
? Georgia ?
听听这堆大便
Listen to that crap.
想想你曾说ABC公♥司♥不会强迫他
Thought you said that ABC wasn’t
going to force nothing on him.
他们没有啊
They didn’t.
这是雷的主意
It was Ray’s idea.
新音乐
Something new.
哪我们的是什么,杰夫?就是过时了的吗?
What are we then, Jeff?
Something old?
不错,我们呢?我们也要吃饭啊
Yeah, what about us?
We got to eat, too.
∮ 旁人的臂膀会向我伸来 ∮
? Other arms should
reach out to me ?
∮ 旁人的眼眸泛着亲切的微笑 ∮
? Other eyes smile tenderly ?
∮ 流淌在我平静的梦境 ∮
? Still in the peaceful dreams
I see ?
∮ 小路将你带回故乡 ∮∮
? The road leads back
to you ??
??
1961年新港爵士音乐节
这个唱片很成功
It’s a hit record.
究竟问题出在什么地方?
What the hell
is wrong with that
评论家说,你走向了中庸
Critics say you’ve gone
middle-of-the-road.
管弦乐队、唱诗班
佩里·科莫的表演,老兄对吧?
The orchestra, the choir,
The Perry Como Show, man
要是我感觉到了音乐,那就说明是存在的
If I feel the music,
that means it’s real.
– 不,不对
– 雷·查尔斯的销♥售♥一空
No, it ain’t.
Ray Charles is a sellout.
盲人黎伯拉奇抛弃了他的摇椅
The blind Liberace, leaving
those Rocking Chair roots behind.
昆西·琼斯
Quincy Jones.
我们能给这两个人来张合影吗?
Can we get a picture
of these two guys?
– 拥抱一下!
– 嘿,孩子
Six-nine!
Hey, boy.
瞧,这儿,呃,会见到此为止吧
Look, here, uh,
this interview is over.
我喜欢你们在一起,老兄
I’d love to
get you two together, man.
等…有时间吧
S-some other time.
看看你,怎么样,老兄?看起来很不错啊
Look at you. How’s it
going, man? You look good.
来我看看你,你看上去也不错
Let me look at you.
You look good, too.
听到谣言怎么说我的吗?
You hear what they’re
saying about me?
我就说我…我不再干了
我走上了中庸之道
I just said that I… I can’t do it
no more. I’ve gone middle-of-the-road.
于是去创造另一个辉煌吧
So crank out
another hit.
我给你讲吧
Let me tell you something,
要保持辉煌不容易啊,孩子
it ain’t easy
to keep on being greezy, kid.
你从哪儿来?
Where you blow in from?
巴黎
Paris.
(法语)你好啊
Bonjour.
不错,老兄,就在法国
Yeah, man.
France is where it’s at.
好啊,老兄,你玩的一切
Yeah, man. And all that stuff
you’ve been playing,
老兄,都…真是难以捉摸啊
man, it’s just…
it really feels out of sight.
知道吗,我们应该一起录点唱片
You know, we gotta
record something together.
我是说,人们会欣赏这个的
I mean, people will
really dig it.
所以,音乐节后你要去哪儿?
So, where you going
after the Festival?
噢,我…我要去…华盛顿、列治文、
呃,维吉尼亚、乔治亚
Oh, I… I go to D.C., Richmond,
uh, Virginia, Georgia.
知道吗,一旦你做了唱片,就会销♥售♥一空
You know what, once you get the
record out there, you gotta sell it.
你说南方吗,老兄?
The South, man?
我不再做了
I’m not doing that no more.
嘿,得了吧,孩子,那是赚钱之道,宝贝
Hey, come on, kid, that’s
where the money is, baby.
知道吗,当我和汉普离开西雅图时
You know, When I left Seattle
with Hamp,
我们去过那儿,老兄
we went down there, man.
就像是走进了监狱的牢房♥
And it felt like
I walked into a prison cell.
知道吗,在密西西比黑人被叫做“孩子”,雷
You know, a black man is a
“boy” in Mississippi, Ray.
即使已经80岁了
Even if he’s 80 years old.
我不再为黑人演出了,再也不了
I’m never playing
to Jim Crow again. Ever.
要是这只是你的感觉,宝贝
If that’s what you feel,
baby.
我是认真的,雷,老兄,我们得有所作为
I’m serious, Ray.
Man, we gotta do something.
呃,知道吗,什么…到底什么呢,老兄
Well, you know,
what… what the hell, man.
你和我坐在桌子旁边会失去很多的钱
You’re just going to leave a lot
more money on the table for me.
随便你了,老兄
You’re welcome to it,
man.
黑人区 特里萨宾馆
准备好了吗?
You ready to work?
干嘛?
Work on what?
过来,你得来帮帮我
Get over here, you gotta
help me with this.
珀西刚才送我了一些新音乐
Percy just sent me
some new music.
你知道人们怎么说我的吗?
You know what
they’re saying about me?
说我失去了些什么,说我步入了中庸
Said I’ve lost something, said
I’ve gone middle-of-the-road.
他们也会同样来说你的
They may as well say
the same thing about you.
你是这个乐队的灵魂
You were the soul
of this band.
现在你每次来,都醉醺醺的
Now every time you’re around,
you’re just drunk.
盲人吸毒者烂醉的灵魂
Drunk soul
of a blind junkie.
好可爱的一对儿
What a lovely couple.
你为什么不离开这儿呢?
Why don’t you
just get out of here?
我没醉,雷
I ain’t drunk, Ray.
我怀孕了
I’m pregnant.
是的,不错,我有了你的孩子
Yeah, that’s right.
I’m having your baby.
你没有真正…你…你不能要
You ain’t really…
You… you can’t do that.
我要去和医生谈谈
I’m gonna have to
talk to the doctor.
你得去拿掉它
You gotta get rid of it.
上帝!
My God!