你也看到他了吗
Do you see him, too?
把那孩子给我
Give me that baby!
我要那孩子
I want that baby!
把孩子给我 你这该死的疣猪
Give me that baby, you warthog from hell!
趴在地上 小姑娘
Just lay down on the floor, young missy.
向前跑 快 亲爱的
Run along, now, honey.
可是 嗨…
But, Hi…
快向前跑
Just run along, now. Whoa!
抱歉
I’m sorry.
这是搞什么鬼
What the hell’s goin’ on?
离那远点
Get away from there!
我们走吧
[Whispers] Let’s go.
等等
Wait a minute.
我没让你们走
I ain’t through with you.
你们这时候爬进来想干什么
What are you doing creeping around here in the dark?
你们是和史莫斯一起的
You in with Smalls?
什么
Excuse me?
伦纳德·史莫斯 大块头
Leonard Smalls. Big fella.
骑着一辆摩托车
Rides a Harley.
穿着象个摇滚明星
Dresses like a rock star.
我们就是从他手里救出的孩子
No, sir. That’s who we saved him from.
说来话长
It’s a long story.
说来听听
Suppose you tell it.
先生 在有悬赏的情况下…
Well, sir, in a reward situation…
通常是不能提问的
they usually say no questions asked.
哦…是吗
Oh…do they?
是的
Yeah.
好吧 伙计
all right, boy.
我想你能得到奖赏
I guess you got a reward coming.
二万五千美元…
Twenty-five thousand dollars…
或者…如果你想要家居设备的话…
or…if you need home furnishings…
我能在我的任何一家店里给你优♥惠♥
I can give you a line of credit at any of my stores.
这样我更容易处理 因为税务的原因
That’s the way I’d rather handle it. Tax reasons.
我们不需要什么奖赏
We don’t want no reward.
我们送他回来不是为了钱
We didn’t bring him back for money.
我们能用其他方式解决
We could work it that way, too.
我可以再看他一会吗
Could I just look at him a little bit more?
当然 女士
Be my guest, little lady.
不过…
But, uh…
你们介意详细告诉我是怎么…
would…would you mind telling me exactly how you…
是你们干的…对吗
You took him…didn’t you?
根本不是那个车手
Wasn’t that biker at all.
我带走的他 先生
I took him, sir.
我太太和这事没有关系
My wife had nothing to do with it.
我爬进你的窗户…
I crept in yon window…
是我们一起干的
We both did it.
我们决不想伤害他
We didn’t want to hurt him any.
我只是想做妈妈
I just wanted to be a mama.
不是为了钱或别的什么
It wasn’t for money or nothing.
我们以为你的孩子多得无法应付
We just figured you had more than you could handle, babywise.
但我确实触犯了法律…
But I committed the actual crime…
所以如果你想报♥警♥的话…
so if you need to call the authorities…
闭嘴 孩子 没人会叫警♥察♥…
Shut up, boy. Nobody’s calling the authorities…
因为没人受到伤害
since there’s no harm done.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
废话 告诉我你为什么这么干
Bullshit. Just tell me why you did it.
我们…
We…
不能自己生孩子
can’t have one of our own.
听着 如果你们不能生孩子 你们该继续尝试…
look, if you can’t have kids, you just got to keep trying…
同时希望通过医治来弥补…
and hope medical science catches up with you…
象佛罗伦萨和我一样
like Florence and me.
一个巨大的回报
Caught up with a vengeance.
而且 即使你们永远不能…
But, hell, even if it never does for you…
你们还有对方
you still got each other.
先生…话是这么说 可…
Sir…those are kind words, but…
我想我们就要分手了
I think the wife and I are splitting up.
她觉得我们都…
Her point is that we’re both kind of…
自私和不切实际…
selfish and unrealistic…
我们无法给予彼此太多
so we ain’t too good for each other.
夫人 我懂得不多…
Well, ma’am, I don’t know much…
但我懂得人性的存在
but I do know human beings.
你们能把我的孩子送回来…
You brought back my boy…
那么…你们肯定也有优点
so…you must have your good points, too.
我不敢想象佛罗伦萨会离开我
Sure hate to think of Florence leaving me.
我…是…这样的爱她
I…do…love her so.
你们可以从原路出去…
You can go out the way you came in…
在你们离开并做其他蠢事之前…
and before you go off and do another foolish thing…
例如分手这种事…
like bustin’ up…
我建议你们至少把它留到…
I suggest you sleep on it…
第二天再说
at least one night.
那天夜里我做了个梦
That night I had a dream.
我梦见自己象空气一样轻…
I dreamt I was as light as the ether…
象游魂一样四处游荡
a floating spirit visiting things to come.
人们的影子穿过我的身体…
The shades and shadows of the people in my life…
把他们的痕迹强加到我身上
rassled their way into my slumber.
我梦见盖尔和艾沃决定回监狱
I dreamt that Gale and Evelle had decided to return to prison.
也许这是个正确的选择
Probably that’s just as well.
我这么说并非自以为是…
I don’t mean to sound superior…
他们的确是很好的一对…
and they’re a swell couple guys…
但他们也许还没准备好进入这个世界
but maybe they weren’t ready yet to come out into the world.
然后我梦见…
And then I dreamed on…
进入了未来…
into the future…
在圣诞节早晨来到亚历桑那家…
to a Christmas morn in the Arizona home…
内森·朱尼尔正在拆礼物…
where Nathan Junior was opening a present…
还有那对和睦的夫妻…
from a kindly couple…
喜欢保持神秘的夫妻
who preferred to remain unknown.
我看到格伦几年之后…
I saw Glen a few years later…
还是没有机会让警♥察♥相信他的…
still having no luck getting the cops to listen…
关于我和艾德的疯狂故事
to his wild tales about me and Ed.
也许他会添油加醋加进波兰人的笑话
Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many.
我不知道
I don’t know.
我还梦见…
And still I dreamed on…
我以前从未梦见过的更遥远的未来…
further into the future than I’d ever dreamed before…
看见内森·朱尼尔在远方不断进步…
watching Nathan Junior’s progress from afar…
为他的才能而骄傲…
taking pride in his accomplishments…
就象他是我们自己的孩子…
as if he were our own…
想知道他是否曾想起过我们…
wondering if he ever thought of us…
并且希望我们能增长他的见识…
and hoping maybe we’d broadened his horizons a little…
哪怕他不记得我们是如何让他增长见识的
even if he couldn’t remember just how they got broadened.
但是我还是没梦到我和艾德…
But still I hadn’t dreamt nothing about me and Ed…
直到最后
until the end.
一切都那么不真实…
And this was cloudier…
因为已经过去很多…很多年…
’cause it was years… years away…
但是我看到一对老夫妇的儿女来看望他们…
but I saw an old couple being visited by their children…
还有他们所有的孙子
and all their grandchildren, too.
这对老夫妇不会给他们添乱…
The old couple wasn’t screwed up…
不管是他们的儿女还是他们的孙子
and neither were their kids or their grandkids.
爸爸
Dad.
我不知道 你来告诉我
And I don’t know. You tell me.
整个梦…
This whole dream…
都是因为渴望吗
was it wishful thinking?
我感觉那样真实是因为我知道自己有责任这样去做吗
Was I just fleeing reality like I know I’m liable to do?
而我和艾德…
But me and Ed…
我们也能好起来
we can be good, too.
那似乎是真的
And it seemed real.
那看来就象是我们…
It seemed like us…
看来就象是…
and it seemed like…
我们的家
our home.
如果不在亚历桑那州 那就在一个并不太远的地方…
If not Arizona, then a land not too far away…
那里所有的父母都健康 睿智 有才能…
where all parents are strong and wise and capable…