But in the course of a week, you came to have an understanding with him.
然后你逐渐地了解他这个人
Yes.
是的
Look, that… Yes?
看 那是… 是吗?
I understand that this sounds irrational to you.
我知道这在你们听来是不合理的
When it started out…
在刚开始时…
Don’t feel compelled to be defensive. Can I talk?
不 你不必觉得有辩护的需要 我可以说话吧?
Yes, you can. Thank you.
是的 你可以 谢谢
There’s no accusations. Go ahead.
我并没有责怪的意思 尽管说好了
No accusations?
没有责怪的意思?
See, you have to understand…
你得明白…
that when we started out together that he was only my brother…
我们在刚开始时 他只是我在名义上的哥哥
in name.
名义上的
And then…
然后我…
this morning we had pancakes.
今天早上我们一起去吃煎饼
Maple syrup. Maple syrup on the…
枫叶糖浆放在…
Maple syrup on the table.
枫叶糖浆放在桌上
And Charlie Babbitt made a joke.
然后查理·巴比特说了一个笑话
See, we…
你看 我们…
I made a connection.
我已经能与他沟通
I think it’s admirable that you made a connection…
是的 我也为你的成就感到钦佩
but the purpose of this meeting is to determine what is best for Raymond…
但这次会议的目的是要决定 什么样的环境才是对雷蒙最好
whether or not he’s capable of functioning in the community…
他到底是否有能力在社会上生存
and what, in fact, he wants, if that’s possible to determine.
什么才是他真正需要的 如果他自己能做决定的话
I’m all for that.
我完全同意
Raymond’s unable to make decisions. You’re wrong.
雷蒙自己无法做这种决定 你错了 查理
He can’t decide for himself.
你知道他无法自己做决定
He’s capable of a lot more than you know.
他的能力要比你所知的强多了
Why don’t we ask Raymond?
我们为何不问问雷蒙 或许将会得到答案
Raymond, can I ask you a few questions?
雷蒙 我能问你些问题吗?
The doctor’s talking to you. Can I ask you a few questions?
雷 大夫在对你说话 我能问你些问题吗?
Do you wanna stay with your brother?
你想和你弟弟查理在一起吗?
Raymond, would you like to stay with your brother in Los Angeles?
雷蒙 你想和你弟弟查理一起住在洛杉矶吗?
The doctor’s asking you a question.
雷 大夫在问你问题
So you listen. Yeah.
你好好听他说好吗? 好
Raymond, do you wanna stay with your brother Charlie?
雷蒙 你想和你弟弟查理住在一起吗?
Do you wanna stay with your brother? Yeah.
你想和你弟弟查理住在一起吗? 是的
You do? Yeah.
你想? 是的
You wanna stay with your brother?
你想和你弟弟在一起?
Yeah. I wanna stay with my brother Charlie Babbitt.
是的 和我弟弟查理·巴比特在一起
That’s what you want? Yeah.
你希望这样? 是的
You wanna stay with your brother? Yeah.
你想和你弟弟在一起? 是的
Can I ask you something else? Yeah.
我可以问你其他问题吗? 可以
You wanna go back to Wallbrook? Yeah.
你想回华布鲁克去吗? 是的
Raymond, can you make a distinction between your brother and Wallbrook?
雷蒙 你能分辨你弟弟和华布鲁克吗?
Yeah.
是的
Do you wanna stay with your brother? Yeah.
雷蒙 你想和弟弟查理待在洛杉矶 是的
Or do you wanna go to Wallbrook? Yeah.
还是想回华布鲁克去? 是的
They’re two separate things.
两件不同的事 这两样可不同 雷蒙
Your brother or Wallbrook? It’s not one thing, Raymond.
他是你弟弟 你得做个选择 到底是要哪一个?
Back to Wallbrook, stay with Charlie. Okay.
回华布鲁克 和查理·巴比特在一起 好了
Back to Wallbrook, stay with Charlie. Can you make that choice?
回华布鲁克 和我弟弟查理·巴比特在一起 你只能做出选择
One or the other. Go back to Wallbrook.
你只能选择一样 回华布鲁克
All right.
好了
Just hold on here.
不要再说了
All right.
够了
All right. You made your point.
你已经达到目的了
You don’t have to humiliate him. Ray, it’s okay.
你大可不必如此地羞辱他 雷 别担心
It’s over. Yeah.
都结束了 是啊
Stay back at Wallbrook with Charlie Babbitt.
和查理·巴比特一起待在华布鲁克
Stay back at Wallbrook… It’s over.
回华布鲁克 都结束了
Raymond? Yeah.
雷蒙? 是的
Dr. Bruner, can I talk to you?
布鲁诺大夫 我能和你谈一下吗?
Excuse me.
失陪一下
You okay, Ray? Yeah.
你还好吧 雷? 是的
You don’t want more questions, do you? No.
你不希望有人再问你问题了? 不
I don’t know.
我不知道
You don’t want more questions, do you? No.
你不希望再有人问你问题了? 不
There won’t be any more questions. Yeah.
没有人会再问你问题了 好吧
I’ll make sure of that. Yeah, main man.
我保证不再有人问你问题了 好 好伙计
What? My main man.
什么? 我的好伙计
Listen.
听着…
Ray, I don’t know if I’m gonna have a chance to talk to you again.
我或许将不再有机会和你说话了
Because you see, these…
因为你知道…
Dr. Bruner really likes you a lot, and he’s probably gonna take you back.
布鲁诺大夫非常喜欢你 他很可能要把你一起带回去
You know? Yeah.
你知道吗? 是啊
What I said about being on the road with you I meant.
我只是要你知道我刚说的 和你一起旅行
Connecting.
我们沟通得很好
I like having you for my brother. I’m an excellent driver.
我很高兴能有你这个哥哥 我开车的技术好极了
Yes, you are.
是的 你是
I like having you for my big brother.
我很高兴能有你这个哥哥
C-H-A-R-L-l-E.
查理
C-H-A-R-L-l-E.
查理
Main man.
雨人
May I have your attention, please?
各位旅客请注意
Amtrak train number 36, the Desert Wind, eastbound…
第35班次火车 “沙漠之风”
now boarding, track number three.
往东部开 现在在第3月台上车
Fullerton, San Bernardino, Barstow… Ray.
经由巴士都 拉斯维加斯 雷
Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Denver, Omaha, Chicago.
盐湖城 丹拂 奥马哈 芝加哥
Hello, Charlie. Dr. Bruner.
哈罗 查理 布鲁诺大夫
Hello, Raymond.
哈罗 雷蒙
Wouldn’t you feel more relaxed in your favorite Kmart clothes?
你现在穿上你最喜欢的K超♥市♥衣服 有没有觉得轻松些?
Tell him, Ray.
告诉他 雷
Kmart sucks. I see.
K超♥市♥烂透了 我明白了
I have the tickets, and I’ll be on this car right here to the right.
我已经买♥♥了票 我将坐在这节车厢里的右边
Why don’t you take a couple of minutes? See you, Charlie.
你们两个好好聊一下吧 再见了 查理
You made a joke, Ray.
你说了一个笑话 雷
I guess I’d better give this to you. You’re gonna have to carry this now.
我想我最好把这袋子交给你 从现在起你得自己来背它了
It’s got your cheeseballs, your apple juice…
里面有你喜欢的乳酪球 苹果汁
notebooks, pens and…
笔记本 笔 还有…
‘Who’s On First?’ video that you like.
你喜欢的那 “谁在一垒” 录影带
‘Who’s On First?’ is very funny. I told you it’s funny.
“谁在一垒” 非常好笑 我告诉过你了 是很好笑
Board!
上车!
Better get goin’. Very shiny train.
你最好上车吧 是啊 一辆闪亮的火车
Yeah, it sure is.
是啊 确实是
Now listen, Ray. Dr. Bruner only has custody of you.
听着 雷 布鲁诺大夫虽然赢得你的监护权
That doesn’t mean I can’t visit.
但并不表示我不能去看你
I’m comin’ to see you in two weeks.
我会在两个礼拜后去看你
How many days is that? Fourteen days from today.
你说我们还有几天就可见面了? 从今天算起14天
Today’s Wednesday. And hours?
今天是礼拜三 有多少小时?
336 hours.
336小时
Mystifying.
真神奇
‘Course, that’s 20,160 minutes.
当然 还有20160分钟
1,209,600 seconds.
1209600秒
Ray?
雷?
I’ll see you soon.
我会马上来看你
Yeah. One for bad, two for good.
是的 1是坏的 2是好的
Bet two for good.
押2是对的
Three minutes to Wapner.
还有三分钟要看华波法官
You’ll make it.
你能看到的