愤怒的公牛
纽约市 196♥4♥年
夜访杰克·拉莫塔
我记得那些欢呼声
I remember those cheers,
至今仍在耳边回响
they still ring in my ears,
多年来仍不时想到它们
and for years they remain in my thoughts,
有一天晚上
’cause one night,
我脱掉我的外袍 结果呢?
I took off my robe, and what’d I do?
我忘了穿上短裤
I forgot to wear shorts.
我记得每一次跌倒 每一个勾拳和直拳
I recall every fall, every hook, every jab,
还有最糟的减肥方法
the worst way a guy can get rid of his flab,
你知道我的人生并不平淡
as you know, my life wasn’t drab.
不过我宁愿
Though I’d much…
我宁愿听你们欢呼
Though I’d rather hear you cheer when you delve…
我宁愿你们是因为 听我演莎士比亚而欢呼
Though I’d rather hear you cheer when I delve into Shakespeare…
“马儿! 马儿! 一匹马毁了我的王国! ”
“A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!”
我有六个月没赢了
I haven’t had a winner in six months.
虽然我不是奥立维 我宁愿
And though I’m no Olivier, I would much rather…
虽然我不是奥立维 如果他跟舒格·雷对打的话
And though I’m no Olivier, if he fought Sugar Ray,
他会说重点不是比赛 而是娱乐
he would say that the thing ain’t the ring, it’s the play.
让我这只公牛 有个可以发威的舞台吧
So, give me a stage where this bull here can rage,
虽然我可以打斗 我宁愿吟诵
and though I can fight, I’d much rather recite.
那才是娱乐
That’s entertainment.
196♥4♥年 杰克·拉莫塔
那才是娱乐
That’s entertainment.
1941年 杰克·拉莫塔
杰克·拉莫塔和吉米·里维
Jake La Motta and Jimmy Reeves…
在克利夫兰体育场
… in the Cleveland Arena.
拉莫塔还没被击倒 但是得分落后很多
La Motta is undefeated, but he’s well behind on points.
布朗克斯公牛在这一局挨了不少拳
The Bronx Bull has taken a lot of punishment in this bout.
杰克的左眼受伤 吉米·里维略胜
Jake is cut around the left eye. Jimmy Reeves has outboxed him…
杰克 告诉我 我们他妈的干嘛跑来克利夫兰
Jack, tell me why, why the fuck do we have to come to Cleveland for you
看你被小啰啰打败?
to get beaten by a mulignane?
拜托 他妈的振作起来吧
Come on, do the fuckin’ right thing.
他吃定你了 你得分落后
He’s got you by the balls, you’re outpointed.
你要在第十局领先 你得把他打倒在地
You’re comin’ up for the tenth, you’re gonna have to knock him out.
我要你咬他 踢他 不择手段
I want you to bite him, kick him, do anything you gotta do.
没人会看到 你知道怎么做
Nobody’s lookin’, you know what to do.
和在家乡一样 痛扁那些王八蛋
Just like home… all over the fuckin’ moolies.
把那混♥蛋♥打倒 听懂没? 把他打倒
Knock the motherfucker out. You understand? Knock him out.
嘿 你想上场吗? 你想上场去打吗?
Hey, you wanna go in there? You wanna go in and do it?
救命!
Help!
咱们上场去把他打倒吧
We need a knockout, let’s go get a knockout,
上场去吧
that’s where it’s at.
第十局 最后一局 祝你们好运
Tenth and final round. Good luck to you both.
拉莫塔位居下风
La Motta fighting out of a half crouch.
里维面对难缠的对手
Reeves is up against a tough fighter,
一个绝不打退堂鼓的人
a man who doesn’t know how to back up.
拉莫塔持续进攻 说时迟哪时快
La Motta continues to bore in, out of the bob and weave,
左勾拳打到下巴 里维倒地了!
hooks a left hand to the jaw, and Reeves is down!
观众在为杰克加油
The crowd is urging Jake on.
裁判在为里维计时 他得快爬起来
The referee is tolling over Reeves. He’s got to get up.
拉莫塔再度进攻 里维的右拳没打中
La Motta comes at him once again, Reeves misses a right,
吃了两记左拳 一记重重的左拳打中下巴
takes a left, and another left, a hard left hand to the jaw,
里维二度倒地
and Reeves is down for the second time.
意志坚定的杰克·拉莫塔在第十局
A determined Jake La Motta is making a great comeback
漂亮地抢回优势
here in the tenth round.
里维又爬起来 拉莫塔进攻
Reeves is up again. La Motta comes at him.
下巴一记左勾拳 又一记左拳 右拳打中身体
A left hook to the jaw, another left, and a right to the body.
三个左拳打中上半身 下巴一记勾拳
Three more lefts to the midsection, a hook on the jaw,
头部又两记左拳 下巴一记右拳又一记左拳
two more lefts to the head, a right and a left to the jaw.
里维第三度倒地
Reeves goes down for the third time,
裁判把拉莫塔拉走
and the referee is pulling La Motta away.
二 三
Two… three…
四 五
four… five…
-裁判在为里维计时 -六 七
– The referee is counting over Reeves, – six… seven…
-但是时间不多了 -八 九
– but time is running out… – eight… nine…
铃响了
…and there is the bell.
动弹不得的里维被铃♥声♥解救
He can’t walk, but Reeves has been saved by the bell.
但拉莫塔会不会动作慢了点?
But did La Motta do it soon enough?
杰克 杰克 过来
Jack, Jack, come here.
这样不行 这里是俄亥俄 不是纽约!
It’s no good. This is Ohio, not New York!
-你等得太久了! -那个笨蛋!
– You waited too long! – That dumb bastard!
把袍子穿好 把我的袍子穿好!
Put the robe on right, huh? Put my robe on right!
各位女士先生
Ladies and gentlemen…
根据俄亥俄拳击委员会的规定
…under the rules of the Ohio Boxing Commission,
一致决定
after ten rounds,
这十局比赛的获胜者是
the winner, by unanimous decision,
-吉米·里维! -精彩的杰克·拉莫塔
– Jimmy Reeves! – The colorful Jake La Motta,
布朗克斯公牛输了第一场比赛
the Bronx Bull, has lost his first fight.
是杰克赢了比赛! 拜托 杰克赢了比赛!
That’s Jake’s fight! Come on, that’s Jake’s fight!
是杰克赢了那场比赛!
Jake won that fight!
不要走 不要下场 待在这儿
Don’t leave. Don’t get outta the fuckin’ ring. Stay here.
你赢了 让他先走 你给我留下来
You won… let him go first. Stay in, I’m tellin’ you.
拉莫塔在比赛中打倒里维七次
La Motta floored Reeves seven times in the fight,
但是拉莫塔居然输了比赛
but La Motta still lost the fight.
杰克! 杰克! 杰克! 杰克!
Jake! Jake! Jake! Jake!
救命啊!
Help!
纽约市布朗克斯区 1941年
他躺在地上 他们把他抬走 他不醒人事
…on his fuckin’ back, they pick up his arm, he’s dead.
他们说他赢了比赛 观众抓狂了
They tell him he won the fight. People went crazy.
如果有汤米照应 就不会发生那种鸟事
That shit woulda never happened if Tommy was there takin’ care of it.
他在纽约比赛 要听汤米的话才能打进冠军赛
He’s gotta be with Tommy to fight in New York, to get a title shot.
你哥哥会变成酒鬼
He’s gonna wind up punch-drunk, your brother.
-我知道 -你知道
– I know. – You know.
你得让他明白这样对大家都好
You gotta make him understand it’s the best thing for everybody involved.
-我说我知道 -你知道
– I said I know. – You know,
可是你得让他知道 让他明白
but you gotta make him know, make him understand it.
老天 你要不要住口?
Jesus Christ, you wanna stop?
你何时才会他妈的停止?
When the fuck you gonna stop with that stuff?
我跟你说过我都明白
I told ya, I understand everything.
他只会为自己着想
He just wants to do things for himself.
-听不懂吗? -那是因为他是
– Hard to understand? – It’s because he’s got a head
-死脑筋 -你很好笑耶
– like concrete. – You make me laugh.
你以为很容易? 你怎么不去跟他说?
You think it’s easy? Why don’t you talk to him?
-你知道要说什么 -你知道我没办法和他说话
– You know what to say. – You know I can’t talk to him.
-为什么不行? -因为他不喜欢我
– Why can’t you talk to him? – ‘Cause he don’t like me.
没人喜欢你 你应该习惯了
Nobody likes you, you oughta be used to it.
大家知道
They knew.
大家知道谁赢了
They knew who was the boss.
裁判不知道 谁知道这些人是怎么回事?
The judges didn’t know. Who knows what happened with them?
观众知道
The people knew.
你不相信我 你以为我在那儿胡搞吗?
You don’t believe me, you thought I was over there foolin’ around, huh?
你以为我在胡搞对不对? 告诉我实话
You thought I was foolin’ around, didn’t ya? Tell me the truth.
我可不是胡搞瞎搞
I ain’t doin’ no foolin’ around.
-是你这么想 -是又怎么样?
– That’s in your mind. – Yeah, so what?
等我戴上冠军腰带 我才会开始胡搞
That championship belt on me, that’s when I fool around.
熟了没?
Is it done?
还没熟
No, it’s not done.
不要煎太老 煎太老就不好吃了
Don’t overcook it. You overcook it, it’s no good.
它就失去意义了
It defeats its own purpose.
你在做什么? 我说了不要煎太老
What are you doin’? I just said don’t overcook it.
你把它煎老了 拿过来呀
You’re overcookin’ it, bring it over.
-你要你的牛排吗? -拿过来呀
– You want your steak? – Bring it over.
拿过来!
Bring it over!
快变成木炭了! 拿过来!
It’s like a piece of charcoal! Bring it over here!
-你要你的牛排? -对 现在就要!
– You want your steak? – Yeah, right now!
好 你的臭牛排
Good. There’s your stupid steak.
-等不及把它煎熟是吧? -对 我等不及了
– Can’t wait for it to be done? – No, I can’t wait.
好 可以了吗? 高兴了吗?
Good. Okay? Happy?
-高兴了吗? -我只要这个
– Happy? – That’s all I want.
拿去 没有了 都拿去
That’s… there, no, more. There.
你为了牛排跟我吵? 你为了牛排跟我吵?
Botherin’ me about a steak, huh? You’re botherin’ me about a steak?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!