I’m afraid your request for funds cannot be granted.
把这些当作部分经费
Consider these as part payment.
熔掉它们,用来为战争效力
Melt them down, use them for the war effort.
这些是诺贝尔奖章,夫人
These are your Nobel Prizes, madame.
纯金打造
And they’re made of pure gold.
起码是诚意的开端,不是吗?
Which is a start, don’t you think?
居礼夫人,这些奖是法国的荣耀…
Madame Curie, these prizes are the pride of France,
这些奖是痛苦的结果
I will not… – These prizes are the result
它们似乎也已造成痛苦
of pain and they seem to have caused pain.
我宁可让它们变得有用
And I would rather they be used for something useful,
像是治疗别人免于痛苦
like curing others from pain.
这实在…
Well, I think this is…
年轻人的腿因脚踝扭伤就被截肢
Boys are having their legs sawn off because of sprained ankles.
我的X光机安装好就能救人一命
My X-ray machines, properly installed, can save lives.
我们也会利用氡放射来烧灼伤口
We will also use radon radiation to cauterise wounds.
快速又有效
It is quick, efficient and can stop blood loss.
还能止血
But radon…
我们的提案
Our proposals
能让你有更多士兵上战场
will give you more men on your battlefields.
但氡是气体 ﹣我很清楚
But radon is a gas, I am perfectly aware of that.
所以我们会用灯泡,氡灯泡
And that’s why we will use bulbs. Radon bulbs.
战争部长已表明立场
The Minister of War has made his position clear.
那让我也表明立场
Then let me make mine clear.
我会去找媒体
I will go to the press.
我会给他们诺贝尔奖章
I will offer them my Nobel Prize metal.
我会给他们相同的最后通牒
I will give them the same ultimatum.
媒体? ﹣我十分明了媒体的能耐
The press? I know perfectly well what the press is capable of.
我已经学会利用媒体占上风
And I believe that I have learnt how to use it to my advantage.
你愿意给我X光机和救护车了吗?
Now, will you please give me my X-ray machines and ambulances?
你很会开车,谁教你的?
You’re quite a competent driver. Who taught you?
我自学的
I learned.
我不是什么称职母亲吧
I wasn’t much of a mother, was I?
现在提这个干嘛?
What does that have to do with anything right now?
你是我的骄傲
I’m very proud of you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我也以你为傲
I’m very proud of you, too.
你一定吃了很多苦
It must have been so difficult,
当个女人和科学家
being a woman and doing all that you did.
相信我,女儿
Believe me, my love, I suffered much more
我忍♥无可忍♥的是缺乏资源和经费
from lack of resources and funds
倒不是身为女人
than I ever did from being a woman.
你还是跟费德里克一起研究…
Now, are you still working with Frédéric
他的人造放射理论?
on his artificial radiation theory?
不是他的理论,是我们的
It’s not his theory. It’s ours.
我当然还和他一起研究
And of course I’m still working with Frédéric.
我们能专心做正事了吗?
Now, can we concentrate on the matter in hand?
那还用说
Absolutely.

Mama.
帮我搬,很重
Help me with this. It’s very heavy.
检查灯泡,小心易碎
Now, if you check the bulb. And be careful, it’s delicate.
没问题
Of course.
失火了,所有人赶快过来
There’s been a fire. We need everyone. Quickly now.
我们在给救护车装上配备
We’re just outfitting this ambulance.
你们没听懂,“所有人”过来帮忙
You don’t understand. We need everyone. Get in the van. Help.

Mother,
该我们上场了
the time has come.
他要系上红丝带?
A red ribbon for him?
我们要做出理性决定
We have to make rational decisions about who we can save.
他们说救不了他
They say they can’t save him.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
什么?
What?
你18岁,却是这里最厉害的医生
Irène, you’re only 18 years old but you’re the most capable doctor here.
你觉得呢?
What do you think?
我们该送他去医院
I think we should take him to hospital.
玛丽亚
‘Marya,
你害怕吗?
are you frightened?’
喝水吗?
Water?
什么?
Sorry?
想要喝水吗?
Would you like some water?
我讨厌医院
I hate hospitals.
我知道
I know.
我必须在医院跟我母亲永别
I had to say goodbye to my mother in a hospital.
我知道
I know.
所以我设法在医院外帮助别人
So I found a way of making people better from outside a hospital.
你做到了
You did.
我做到了,是吧?
I did, didn’t I?
是吧?
Didn’t I?
我们该离开了,好吗?
I think we should leave here, don’t you?
不,还有好多事要做
No, there’s too much to do.
那先离开医院吧
Well, let’s start by leaving the hospital.
我以前的手很美
I used to have such beautiful hands.
放射线损坏了你的骨头
The radiation has crippled your bones.
让我们变软弱的事也让我们变坚强
The things that make us weak are the things that make us strong.
我没让你变得软弱
I didn’t make you weak.
你当然有
Of course you did.
但没有彼此,
But I couldn’t have…
我们不会有那些成就
Well, we couldn’t have done what we did without each other.
对,你的成就非凡
No, you did the extraordinary.
你改变了世界
You changed the world.
是好的改变吗?
In the right way?
我宁可世界充满光明
I’d rather be someone that hopes the world is full of light
而不是畏惧黑暗,你也是吧?
than fears for the darkness out there, wouldn’t you?
可是我…
But I…
你在科学界投下震撼弹
You threw a stone in the water.
激起无法控制的涟漪
The ripples, you can’t control.
有些事令人害怕
There are things to be scared of, but…
但还有许多事值得赞叹
…there’s so much to celebrate.
希望你是对的
I hope you’re right.
希望你是对的
I hope you’re right.
(玛丽居礼于1934年7月4日去世)
(葬在她的挚爱皮耶旁边)
(伊莲娜居礼跟丈夫费德里克约里奥)
(因发现人造放射性也获得诺贝尔奖)
(一战期间居礼夫人的流动式X光机)
(检查超过百万人)
(拯救无数生命)
(居礼夫妇的发现造就了…)
(迄今仍适用的癌症疗法)
(法国人称之“居礼疗法”)
(索尔维会议,1927年)
(片名:居礼夫人:放射永恒)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!