Marya.
玛丽亚,你在哪?
Marya. Where are you?
(莎玛丽丹百货)
小心
Watch out!
停下
Whoa!
停下
Whoa!
你好,老朋友
Hello, old friend.
你好
Hello.
很好,大家都有一份?
Good. And we all have copies of that?
欢迎,居礼夫人
Welcome, Madame Curie.
为什么找我来
I do not know why I’m here.
委员会有意让你…
You’re here because the panel would like to consider you
接任居礼教授的大学职位
for Professor Curie’s position at the university.
你们要给我皮耶的教职?
You wish to give me Pierre’s seat?
我们不是直接给你
We don’t want to give you anything.
我们面试了一些人
We’re interviewing a number of candidates
经适当考虑后,认为你能胜任
and we thought due consideration should be given to you taking the post.
如果我拒绝呢?
And if I don’t want the post?
我们会考虑第二顺位候选人
Then that is one less candidate for us to consider.
我希望你们是看重我的专长
I’d wish to be considered on my own merits.
如果是出于同情,那可不必
If you wish to give it to me out of pity, don’t.
或是依循某些规范,那也不必
If you wish to give it to me to follow some agenda or other, don’t.
你的意思是… ﹣我言尽于此
Well, what say you… – I have nothing else to say.
虽然不奢求这份工作,但我接受
It is not a job I want but it is a job I will take.
如果我的研究无法证明我的资格
And if my science doesn’t speak for itself with regard to my quality
那就是被你们误解了
then you have gravely misunderstood my science.
我向各位道歉
I apologise, gentlemen.
这就是她的典型作风
Characteristic behaviour, I’m afraid.
了不起的成就,玛丽
It’s an achievement, Marie.
索邦大学首位女性教授
First female professor at the Sorbonne.
法国女权太晚发威
A promotion well overdue for France’s, the world’s,
你可是世界首位女性诺贝尔奖得主
first female Nobel Prize winner.
我根本没被提名,记得吗?
Nobel Prize. Do you remember, I wasn’t even nominated?
是皮耶为我争取的
It was Pierre who fought for me,
他争取让我们一起受到认可
who fought for our work to be recognised.
没有他,我永远得不到
Without him I never would have won.
他是我的一切但他不在了,而我…
He was everything to me, and now he’s gone, and I’m…
我迷失了
…I am lost.
时间会治疗一切
This will pass, Marie.
才不会
No, it won’t.
你一直很坚强
You’re being very strong.
我厌倦逞强了
I’m bored of strong.
我不要坚强,我想要软弱
I don’t want to be strong. I want to be weak.
皮耶不会希望你这样
Well, Pierre wouldn’t want that.
你凭什么替他说话?
You think you can talk for him?
我也很想念他
I miss him, too.
她来了
Right, here she comes.
太棒了
Bravo.
我想跟你们谈谈镭
I want to tell you about radium.
这个最奇特又不凡的元素
A most peculiar and remarkable element,
因为它不按牌理出牌
because it does not behave as it should.
(内华达州,1961年)
(内华达州,1961年)
(内华达州,1961年)
各位,请务必戴上护目镜
It’s very important that you put your goggles on.
(原♥子♥弹♥,见证爆♥炸♥威力)
我们把这里称作“毁灭镇”
We call this place the Doom Town.
看来满费工的
It seems an extraordinary amount of work.
假人的服装是名牌货呢
The dummies are dressed by JC Penney.
士兵笑说它们穿得比我体面
Better dressed than me, the boys and I joke.
有必要弄得像真的一样?
Do things need to be this precise?
挺酷的吧
Pretty cool, huh?
不,糟糕
Oh, no, no…
抱歉,各位
Oh, sorry, everyone.
没事 ﹣我很抱歉
It’s no problem. – I do apologise.
护目镜
Glasses.
有些人说我的镭害他们生病
There are those that say that my radium is making them sick.
你有生病吗?
Are you sick?
没有
No.
你呢?
You?
有
Yes.
贫血
Anaemia.
但没有证据,毫无证据
But there’s no proof. There’s no proof.
还有些人说
There are those that say
可能就是镭让皮耶身体虚弱
that it might be the thing that weakened my Pierre,
才出了车祸
that made him unable to roll out of the way.
皮耶的头骨被压碎,他不是…
Pierre’s skull was crushed.
镭没有那个能耐
He wasn’t… radium wouldn’t have caused that.
少了他,我一事无成
I can’t do anything without him.
他会想要你继续 ﹣我知道
He’d want you to. – I know.
他对你抱持期望,我也是
He’d expect it of you. I expect it of you, too.
你是我遇过最棒的女人
You are the best woman I’ve ever met.
最棒的人
The best person.
我知道你痛失挚爱,玛丽
I know what you have lost, Marie.
皮耶跟我说过
Pierre once said to me
他无法想像人生没有我
that he couldn’t imagine life without me.
我却没有回应
And I never said anything back.
我应该要的
And I should have.
你们饿了吗?
Do you need feeding?
不饿
No.
那先离开吧
Well, run along then.
那个波兰荡♥妇♥来了
The Polish woman…
她居然还有脸出现
Extraordinary how she fancies she is appearing…
放射性是从原子核的衰变
Radioactivity is the spontaneous emission of radiation
自发地放出射线或粒子
or particles from the decay of nuclei,
由于内部结构的特殊排列
which, due to a particular arrangement of their internal structure,
变得更不稳定
are far more unstable.
这涉及原子核放出的粒子
It refers to particles which are emitted from nuclei
与核能的不稳定性有关
as a result of nuclear instability.
下课,谢谢
That’s all. Thank you.
情况没传闻那么糟
It’s not as bad as it sounds.
知道涉及谁吗?
Do we know who’s involved?
有两个人
There are two.
两个人?
Two?
马歇德马朗和墨利斯德曼
Marcel Demalander and Maurice Demenitroux.
他们在调制钍X
They were preparing thorium X.
钍X?雇主是谁?
Thorium X, for who?
巴黎郊外的一间工厂
Some factory outside Paris.
墨利斯生病好一阵子
Maurice had been ill for quite some time.
什么病?
With what?
白血病
Leukaemia.
马歇呢?
And Marcel?
他有贫血,严重贫血
He has anaemia. Severe anaemia.
有直接关联吗?
And there is a direct link?
当然有
Well, of course there’s a direct link.
是放射线导致的并发症
These are radiation-led complications.
这些案例的出现愈来愈频繁
These cases are appearing with greater and greater regularity.
我们却没察觉
We were never unaware.
现在起我们要更注意
Well, now we need to be more aware.
你丈夫死了就抢我丈夫?
Lost your husband so thought you’d take mine?
大人物玛丽居礼
The great Marie Curie.
沦落到偷人
Reduced to a thief.
不对
No.
你不是玛丽居礼
You’re not Marie Curie.
你根本不配那个名字
You don’t even deserve that name.
你叫做玛丽亚斯克沃多夫斯卡你是波兰人
Your name is Marya Sklodowska and you are Polish.
肮脏的波兰人
A dirty Pole.
肮脏的波兰人发明了一种祸害
The dirty Pole that invented a poison
让全世界叹为观止
that the world thought marvellous!
但我已看透你的真面目
But I know what you are!
我听到了
I heard her.
但你还是躲着?
And yet you stayed inside?
你要我加入战局,火上添油?
You wanted me to join you out there, and add wood to the fire?