Who are you writing to?
政♥府♥要颁给我荣誉军团勋章
They want to give me the Legion of Honour
我在回信
so I’m responding.
你要怎么回?
What’s your response?
我请他们向部长致谢
Well, I’ve asked them to thank the minister
但我觉得没必要受勋
but I do not feel the need to be decorated at all.
我只是尽力打造更好的实验室
I do, however, have the greatest need for a better laboratory.
你最近常咳嗽
You’re coughing a lot.
有吗?
Am I?
玛丽
Marie…
别带我去医院,我不去医院
Don’t take me to hospital. I won’t go to hospital.
那你等等
Well, wait here.
请给我镊子
Forceps, please.
现在用力
Now, I need you to push.
我不行了
I can’t. I can’t. – Just breathe, madame.
深呼吸,夫人,快出来了
It’s almost there.
宝宝需要转向
Baby needs to turn.
我以为我们会失去她
I thought we’d lost her.
名人玛丽居礼求助,大家义不容辞
The famous Marie Curie needed help and everyone came running.
她差点死掉
She should have died.
但他们救了她
But they saved her.
还有你
And you.
伊芙
Eve.
伊莲娜
Irène.
你在想什么?
What are you thinking about?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你什么都没想?
You’re not thinking about anything?
我不知道
I don’t know.
人一定总是在思考
You must always be thinking about something.
那你在想什么?
What are you thinking about?
你还太小,我想的事你还不懂
Things you’re too young to understand.
诺贝尔奖提名我们的研究
Our work has been nominated for the Nobel Prize.
因为我们发现放射性
For our discovery of radioactivity.
推荐只提到我的名字
The commendation only mentions my name.
然后… ﹣然后?
And… – And?
我说如果有幸获得诺贝尔奖
And I told them if there’s a Nobel Prize to win,
我们要一起获奖
we win it together.
保罗,我需要椅子
Oh, Paul, I need a chair.
几点了?
What time is it?
12点10分
Ten after twelve.
瑞典是几点?
What time is it in Sweden?
12点10分
Ten after twelve.
你确定要待在这里?
Are you sure this is where you want to be?
我觉得…
It seems…
在这里就很好
It seems the right place.
(斯德哥尔摩,1903年)
(斯德哥尔摩,1903年) 值得提出的问题是
Here the question can be raised
人类是否因此受惠…
whether mankind will benefit…
人类是否因此受惠…
Whether mankind benefits…
居礼先生,您准备好了吗?
Are you ready, Mr Curie?
还没
No.
可想而知
It can be thought
镭落入罪犯手中会变得很危险
that radium may become very dangerous in criminal hands.
这是艾诺拉盖号♥的蒂贝茨上校
This is Colonel Tibbets on the Enola Gay.
华府有收到吗?完毕
Do you receive, Washington? Over.
收到,蒂贝茨上校,完毕
‘Receiving you, Colonel Tibbets. Over.’
华府,罗伯路易斯上尉已通知我
Washington, Captain Robert Lewis
“小男孩”待命中
has just informed me Little Boy is now live.
请准许投弹,完毕
Permission to drop. Over.
获准,上校,完毕
‘Permission granted, Colonel. Over.’
值得提出的问题是
Here the question can be raised whether mankind
发现自然奥秘后,人类是否因此受惠
benefits from knowing the secrets of nature,
是否准备好从中获益
whether it is ready to profit from them
或者此知识是否会带来伤害
or whether this knowledge will not be harmful to it.
听我口令
On my mark.
投弹
Mark.
比如这项诺贝尔奖的发现可用在…
The example of the discoveries of Nobel is characteristic
军事上突破性的高效能炸♥弹♥
as high-power explosives have enabled man to perform wonderful work.
可是一旦落入恐♥怖♥分♥子♥手中
They are also a terrible means of destruction
可能引发毁灭性战争
in the hands of great criminals who would lead the peoples towards war.
(广岛,1945年)
我相信借由诺贝尔奖
I am one of those who believe, with Nobel,
人类会从这些新发现
that mankind will derive more good than harm
获得更多福祉而非伤害
from these new discoveries.
你回来了 ﹣是啊
You’re back. – I am.
一切符合你的期望吗?
And was it everything you hoped it would be?
对
Yes.
如愿获得热烈喝采了吗?
Did you get all the acclamation you felt you deserved?
我的致辞都在讲你和你的研究
My speech was entirely about you and your work.
但我就是个“妻子”
But I’m just the wife, isn’t that right?
我哪时这样对你?
When have I ever treated you like that?
我只是皮耶居礼的妻子
I am the wife of Pierre Curie.
你说不在意名声,
You said you didn’t care about professional accomplishment,
只在乎研究成果
you only cared about achievement.
是我力争…
I was the one who fought…
我尽了妻子的本分
And I’m doing what a wife should do,
帮你生小孩、顾家
giving you children and keeping your home.
离开巴黎吧,我们都被污染了
We should get out of Paris. Paris pollutes us both.
你居然夺走我的光采,
How dare you? How dare take my brilliance?
你居然去独自居功
How dare you take their applause?
我们应该出去透透气
We should get out and get some air.
“我相信借由诺贝尔奖”
“I am one of those who believe, with Nobel,
“人类会从这些新发现” ﹣不…
“that mankind derives…” – No, I made it clear.
“获得更多福祉而非伤害” ﹣我…
“…more good than harm from the new discoveries.”
我清楚表明这是我们的研究
I made it absolutely clear that it was our work!
你抢走我的光采,还占为己有
You stole my brilliance and you made it your own!
你不该丢下我自己去
You should never have gone without me!
你刚生完,太虚弱无法远行
You had just given birth. You were too ill to travel.
况且你也不想去,我能怎么办?
And you didn’t even want to go! What was I supposed to do?
这不只是我们俩的事
This is bigger than both of us, Marie.
必须有人到场领这项成就
And someone had to be there to represent the achievement!
你从不了解
You never did understand! You were angry
你生气是因为他们排挤你
because they didn’t want you as one of their own!
你还真懂我
Oh, you fathom me so well.
我生气是因为他们都错了
I was angry because they were wrong.
我从不想要光环
But I never wanted any of this.
我只想要好好做研究
I just wanted to do good science.
我没让你成为更好的科学家吗?
And didn’t I make you a better scientist?
我们不是一起变得更好了吗?
Are we not better scientists together?
当然了
Of course we are.
你是我遇过数一数二聪明的人
Because you have one of the finest minds I’ve ever met.
只是恰好我比你更聪明
It just so happens that my mind is finer.
你最大的问题就是自大
Your main problem, Marie, is your arrogance.
我最大的问题是你
My main problem is you…
还有我太死心塌地爱你
…and the fact that I love you so utterly.
我不是不懂我们之间的问题
It’s not that I don’t understand what there is between us.
但是我的人生不能没有你
It’s because I don’t understand what my life was without you.
甚至我觉得自己小时候
Even when I think of myself as a boy…
也有你相伴
…somehow, you’re there.
我多希望你跟我去瑞典
I wish you’d have been in Sweden with me.
真希望我们能一起去
I wish we could have been together.
我生病了,玛丽
I’m sick, Marie.
我生了重病
I’m sick.
我咳出血来
When I cough, there’s blood.
我们离开巴黎,去休养一阵子
Let’s get out of Paris, and rest, and get better.
那实验室呢?
What about the lab?
那不急
The lab can wait.
我们需要先救自己
Let’s save ourselves.
好多事还没做
There’s too much to do.
拜托,玛丽,拜托你
Please, Marie. Please.
皮耶,别跑太远
Pierre, don’t go too far.
玛丽亚