Radio.
– 你好 – 最近好吗
– Hey, how you doing? – What’s going on?
海尼克在什麽地方 伙计
Hey, where’s Honeycutt at, man?
– 海尼克教练 他在吗 – 已经走了
– Coach Honeycutt, he around? – He gone.
– 走了 好吧 – 是的 走了
– He’s gone. All right. – Yeah, he gone.
德尔梅普教练在隔壁 她有些东西要你去帮忙拿一下
Coach Dalrymple’s got a couple things next door she wants you to come get.
德尔梅普夫人
Mrs. Dalrymple.
不要担心 只有她一个人 女孩子们都走了
Don’t worry, it’s just her. She’s alone. Girls are gone.
不行的
I can’t do that.
好吧 好吧 但她一定会很失望的
All right, man. All right, but she’s gonna be real disappointed.
你不想让她失望吧
You don’t want to let her down, do you?
– 好吧 Radio – 再见
– Okay, Radio. – See you.
德尔梅普夫人
Mrs. Dalrymple?
德尔梅普夫人
Mrs. Dalrymple?
Radio
Radio!
你不能来这儿
You can’t be in here.
坏 Radio Radio 坏
Bad Radio. Bad Radio.
琼斯教练 琼斯教练
Coach Jones. Coach Jones.
琼斯教练 不 Radio 不 Radio 不
Coach Jones. No, Radio. No, Radio. No.
如果没人教过你 你就这麽做 那可就太不应该了
It’d be one thing if you had done something like this before on your own.
Radio 听我说
Radio, listen to me.
你必须告诉我 你为什麽来女更衣间
It’s important that you tell me why you went in the girls’ locker room.
– 德尔梅普要我去的 – 来干什麽
– Mrs. Dalrymple needed me. – What for?
– 她要我帮她搬些东西 – 是她自己跟你说的吗
– She wanted me to pick up stuff. – Did she ask you?
是她自己跟你说的吗
Did she ask you?
– 不是 – 那是谁
– No. – Who did?
没有
No.
Radio 谁让你来女更衣间的
Radio, who asked you to go in the girls’ locker room?
是谁叫你呀
Who asked you?
没有
No.
我不知道要来干什麽
I don’t know what I’m supposed to do here.
对 Radio生气
Be mad at Radio.
生 Radio的气
Be mad at Radio.
你愿意这麽做吗
You’re willing to do that?
做别人的替罪羔羊
Take the blame for someone else?
你是个好人 我会帮你作证的
You’re a better man than me. I’ll say that for you.
嘿 强尼 好吗
Hey, Johnny, what’s up?
上个星期我收到一封克来穆森大学来的信
I got a letter last week from Clemson.
他们打算后年给我提供全程奖学金
They’re looking at me for a full ride after next year.
– 太好了 – 对不起 先生们
– That’s great. – Excuse me, gentlemen.
对不起 我要和克雷先生谈谈
Excuse me. I need to speak with Mr. Clay.
– 再见 强尼 – 怎麽回事 教练
– See you, Johnny. – What’s up, coach?
我真希望自己不是教师 我就可以好好揍你一顿了
It’s one of those days I wish I wasn’t a teacher so I could lay into you.
你说什麽
What you talking about?
你到底怎麽回事
What’s gotten into you?
我本以为在过去的几个月里面 会学到点东西 但我错了
I thought you’d learned something the past few months. I was wrong.
– 你说什麽 – 我不让你说话 你不用开口
– What are you talking about? – Don’t speak unless I tell you to.
你也许以为海尼克教练走了 你就没事了 这次我说了算
Honeycutt was gone, but this is my call. You might think you’re clear because
明天晚上禁止你上场
There’s no way you’re suiting up tomorrow night.
对
Right.
– 你说什麽 – 琼斯教练 克雷先生
– What did you say? – Coach Jones. Mr. Clay.
– 有什麽问题吗 – 你该听听
– What seems to be the problem? – You hear the problem.
年轻人 学生没资格决定我听什麽 不听什麽
Young man, students do not tell me what I do and do not hear.
他说我明天不能上场了
He said I can’t play tomorrow.
– 你是这样想的吗 教练 – 我也是这麽说的
– ls that what you’re thinking, coach? – That’s what I’m saying.
好吧 既然琼斯教练是体育指导主任…
Well, then, seeing that Coach Jones is the athletic director…
那你就不能上场了
I say you are not playing.
夫人 对手是威斯特赛德啊 如果我们赢了 我们就是第一了
Ma’am, this is Westside. If we win, we’re in first place.
所以你就有理由来戏弄你的队友 是吗
to cheer on your teammates, isn’t it? That’s all the more reason for you
还有什麽
Anything else?
告诉那小子 我谢谢他
Yeah, tell your boy that I said thanks.
Radio没有出♥卖♥♥♥你 孩子
Radio didn’t sell you out, son.
还有很多其他人愿意这麽做
There are plenty of other people willing to do that.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我很高兴你能理解
Well, I appreciate your understanding.
我们过会儿谈 谢谢
We’ll talk soon. Thank you.
那是最后一个
That’s the last of them.
你和玛丽.海伦谈过了吗
You talk to Mary Helen yet?
谈过 她没事了 她知道不是 Radio的主意
Yeah, she’s fine. She knows it wasn’t Radio’s idea.
哦 哈罗德.
Oh, Harold.
哈罗德 你太护著他了
Harold, you are too close to this.
不是强尼骗 Radio这麽做 问题是是他这麽做了
doing it, it’s that he did it. It’s not that Johnny talked Radio into
下次如果发生更糟糕的事情怎麽办
What if it’s something worse next time?
– 他有分数的 – 真的吗
– He’ll know. – Are you sure?
妈的 所有人都盯著我
Hell, I’m already under a microscope anyway.
我要管理学校 要为一千多孩子负责
I got a school to run, a thousand kids I’m responsible for.
我必须知道事情会发展到什麽地步
I need to know where all this is going.
我不知道 路
I don’t know, Lou.
看来是要糟糕了
That may not be good enough anymore.
我打过电♥话♥找他 但都没找到
I’m sorry. I’ve been trying to call, and I haven’t gotten ahold of either of them.
我试了三个地方
I tried several different places.
他来找我 我来告诉他
Here he comes right now. I’ll tell him.
– 怎麽了 – 是 Radio的妈妈 老爸
– What’s the matter? – It’s Radio’s mama, Daddy.
– 怎麽回事 – 她心脏病发作
– What happened? – She had a heart attack.
哦 不 她还好吗
Oh, no. Is she all right?
不 她死了
No, she’s gone.
我想打电♥话♥给你或者妈妈 但都找不到你们
I was trying to call you or Mom, but I couldn’t reach anybody.
他们告诉我他不愿意从房♥间里出来
And they’re telling me that he won’t come out of his room.
我不知道怎麽办好 老爸
I don’t know what to do, Daddy.
好吧 把衣服穿上
All right. Put your coat on.
他就一直坐在自己的房♥间
He’s just sitting there in his room.
穿上了 是的
You got it?
伊夫
Irv.
教练 谢谢你能来
Coach, thanks for coming.
沃特马上就到
Walter will be here in a few minutes.
– Radio怎样了 – 他很不安
– How’s Radio? – He’s pretty upset.
把这里弄得一团糟
Tore the place up pretty good too.
Radio
Radio?
是我 琼斯教练
It’s just me. It’s Coach Jones.
是教练来了
It’s just coach.
教练
Coach.
教练 那是 Radio
Coach. That’s Radio.
是的
Yeah.
– 是你 – Radio就在那儿
– That’s you. – Radio right there.
那是妈妈 妈妈说我们今年球踢得不错
There’s Mama there. Mama said we got good football this year.
是的 是的
Yes. Yeah.
妈妈是这麽说的 我们今年…
That’s what Mama said. We got good…
Radio 我没有什麽可以安慰你的
Radio, ain’t nothing I can say is gonna make you feel any better.
妈妈
Mama.
你妈妈是个好人 是个美丽的女人
Your mama was a fine, beautiful woman.
她全心全意爱你 是吗
She loved you with all her heart, didn’t she?
哦 孩子 她是爱你的
Oh, boy, did she love you.
– 现在仍然是 – 她爱 Radio
– She still does. – She love the Radio.
她说她会永远守候 Radio
She said she’s always gonna be there for Radio.
詹姆士…
James…
看著我
Iook at me.
看著我
Look at me.
她会永远守候你 是吗 她会的
She will always be there for you. All right? She will.
你明白吗
You understand that?
永远在你心里 对吗
Always be with you inside, right in your heart. All right?
我们会没事的
We’re gonna be all right.
好啦 孩子 到这儿来
All right, boy. Come here. Come here.
我妈妈去那儿了
Where’s my mama?
等一下
Hold on just a second.
我要告诉你一些
I want to tell you something.
我没有告诉过别人的事情
Something I never told anybody.
我大概十二岁的时候 我每天清晨就开始送报纸
When I was about 12, I had a paper route. Crack of dawn every day.
由于没几户人家…
Wasn’t many houses around here then…
所以我必须走很远才能送完…
so I had to cover quite a lot of territory…
所以我经常走近路穿过小树丛
and I used to cut through the woods on this little dirt road.
一天早上 我走打那儿过…