我去柏林 就好像在向那些纳粹示♥威♥
I go down to Berlin, it’s like telling them Nazis it’s okay,
好像我一点也不在乎 那里正经历着什么
like I don’t care nothing about what’s going on over there.
嘿 我明白了 你是紧张了 小子
Hey, I get it. You’re nervous, kid.
不 教练 听着 我已经决定了
No, Coach. Look, I’ve thought this through.
别闹了 你必须去 明白吗?
Now, come on. You’re going, okay?
相信我 你必须去 就这么决定了
Trust me. Believe me. You’re going. That’s it.
好吗? 你训练得这么辛苦
All right? You’ve worked too hard.
如果你不去参加 你会感觉非常遗憾的
And if you don’t go over there, you’re gonna feel awful.
知道吗? 如果你现在退出…
All right? If you were to pull out now, you…
我知道 我会后悔一辈子的 是吗?
Yeah, I know. I’ll regret it for the rest of my life, right?
是的 完全正确
Exactly. Yes, sir.
我的妻子 也会弃我而去
And my wife, she’ll walk out on me,
因为她将意识到 我有多么的失败
’cause she realizes what a loser I really am.
然后我可能最后会一蹶不振 天天借酒消愁
And I’ll probably end up drinking myself stupid
直到我的教练 再也看不下去了 为了摆脱我
until my coach, he gets so sick of the sight of me
给我介绍了一份该死的工作!
that he gives me a goddamn job!
劳瑞!
Larry!
你有能力创造历史
You get a chance to be a part of history,
而你却想放弃这个机会 嗯?
and you’re gonna walk away from it, huh?
就这么与之擦肩?
Throw it away?
听着 有很多人都视我为榜样
Look, I got people looking at me for an example.
你说什么 很多人? 什么人? 黑人吗?
What do you mean, people? What people? Black people?
我对这种事情 根本一点都不在乎!
Come on. I don’t give a shit about any of that!
因为你是白人!
Yeah, well, you’re white!
你不用在乎这些问题!
You don’t have to!
我们走
Come on.
没事了
It’s okay.

Mmm.
啊!
Ah!
你怎么了?
What happened to you?
听我说 你完全有理由生气
Look, you’re right to be angry.
我从来都不是一个称职的听众
I’ve, uh, never been good at listening.
他们对你的期望和要求太高了
They’re asking too much of you.
不用管他们 你去参赛只是为了证明自身的价值
A man competes to prove something to himself.
你是最优秀的 而你也清楚这一点
That he’s the best he knows how to be.
其他的都不重要
Nothing else matters.
只是…
It just…
杰西 我虽然从没感受过
Jesse, I don’t know anything about the kind
此时此刻环绕在你周围的这种压力
of pressure that’s being put on you right now.
但我却明白 作为一名运动员是何种感受
But I do know what it’s like to be an athlete.
我也知道 如果你决定退出
And I know that if you don’t go,
那将会成为你一辈子
it’s gonna feel like the
做出的最错误的决定
biggest mistake you ever made in your life.
也许吧
Maybe.
但你得让我自己做决定
But you gotta let me make it on my own.
好吧
All right.
你现在还不用做任何决定
You don’t have to decide anything just yet,
但至少把预选赛参加了
but at least do the trials.
取得资格再说
Qualify.
给自己多留条后路
Give yourself the option.
今天对你来说
It has been quite a day
可真是个好日子 欧文斯先生
for you here in New York, Mr. Owens.
你取得了3个项目的参赛资格
You have qualified in three events,
分别是100米 200米短跑 以及跳远
the 100 and 200 meter sprints and the broad jump.
我想问问教练们 你们的主要竞争对手有哪些?
I’d like to ask the coaches, who are the guys you’ve gotta beat?
跳远运动员 卡尔·朗
Well, Carl Long, the broad jumper.
我们一直都在密切关注他
We’re keeping a real close eye on him.
你也知道 他在欧洲是各项记录的保持者
And, you know, I mean, the guy’s got every damn record in Europe.
格利克曼先生 斯托勒先生 作为在美国出生的犹太人
Mr. Glickman, Mr. Stoller, as Jewish Americans,
你们有没有压力
did you ever feel pressure
想过不去德国参加奥♥运♥会?
not to take part in these games in Germany?
说明一下 他们现在唯一的压力
For the record, the only pressure
就是如何赢得比赛
they’re under is winning their races.
美国奥♥运♥代表队里 对任何人都没有歧视
We don’t discriminate on the US Olympic team.
今天聊的政♥治♥问题已经够多了
I think we’ve heard enough about politics today.
我们来是聊比赛的
We’re here to talk about medals.
希望他们能正面回答
They need to answer the question.
欧文斯先生 那么你会去吗?
Mr. Owens, so, does this mean you’re going?
在美国歧视问题都如此严重
How can you justify taking part in Germany
你怎么能够安心地去参加德国奥♥运♥会?
when there’s so much discrimination here at home?
说得很有道理
You know, that’s a very good point.
等我们把事情处理妥当…
When we get our own house in order…
不管你们需要我提供什么 去哪儿
Whatever you need from me, wherever you need me to be,
或是有什么需要我做的 我都可以
whatever you need me to do. I just wanna help.
额 劳瑞
Well, that’s, uh,
你愿意帮忙 非常感激
very nice of you to offer there, Larry,
但是 你不是正式的美国教练
but, uh, you’re not an official American coach.
是 但你们都没我了解杰西
Yeah, but you don’t know Jesse like I do.
和我们一起去参赛的选手 不止欧文斯先生一个
Now, Mr. Owens is not the only runner coming with us,
而且这也不是我们第一次带队参赛
and this isn’t our first games.
杰西·欧文斯能够击败 任何距离跑的任何对手
Jesse Owens can beat any sprinter over any distance,
这你是知道的
and you know it.
打破黄金组合 这不是个好主意
You can’t afford to have him off his form.
所以你想说 他需要最好的教练带队
Oh, so you’re saying he needs the best coach.
你是想表达这个意思吗 劳瑞?
Is that what you’re saying, Larry?
不管怎样 还是谢谢你
Thanks all the same.
告诉你们 明天他也许不会登船
You should know he may not get on that boat tomorrow,
一旦他做出决定 便再无转机
and there’s nothing anybody can do about it.
真不敢相信 你居然受伤了 尤拉斯
I couldn’t believe when I heard you got injured, Eulace.
你的腿怎么样了?
How’s the leg holding up?
没事!
It’s good!
我很好
It’s loose.
腿筋直接撕裂而已
Yup, tore the hamstring right up.
但我恢复后会继续训练的 只需要再等几个月…
But I’m training again, so a couple months…
完了
It’s shot.
一切都结束了
It’s over.
对我而言
For me.
我看了报纸
I read the papers.
那些为你呐喊 为你加油的人
All them people yelling and screaming at you.
会分散你的注意力 这是绝对的
It can really get in the way of a man’s concentration,
但这一切都意味着 有很多人都对你心存期望
but all that means is there’s a lot of people counting on you.
指望我什么?
To do what?
参加柏林奥♥运♥会 痛扁那帮纳粹分子一顿!
To get on over there to Berlin and stick it up Hitler’s ass!
尤拉斯·皮科克
Courtesy
向你表示敬意
of Eulace Peacock.
露丝
Ruth.
露丝
Ruth.
如果我不去 她会怎么看我?
What’ll she think of me if I don’t go?
你是她爸爸 不管发生什么 她都会永远爱你
You’re her daddy. She gonna love you no matter what.
那你呢?
And what’ll you think?
别问我这种问题 杰西
Don’t put this on me, Jesse.
我向你承诺过 为你提供更好的生活
I promised you a better life than what we have now.
如果我不参赛 还能有什么办法?
I mean, how else am I supposed to get it?
现在的生活 我就很满足了
I like our life just fine.
你的意见是世界上
You’re the only damn person
对我而言 唯一重要的
in the world whose opinion matters to me,
但你却没有
and you ain’t got one.
我不会对你的生活指手画脚 杰西
I ain’t gonna tell you what to do, Jesse.
所以你才会这么爱我
That’s why you love me.
杰西?
Jesse?
如果我去了
Say I go.
但是输了怎么办?
What if I lose?
你是世界上跑得最快的人
You’re the fastest man on the Earth.
但是你又不能去
But you won’t be there.
我的家人也不能去 甚至我的教练都不在场
My family won’t be there. My coach won’t even be there.
劳瑞不一起去吗? 不
Larry’s not going? No.
他很想去 但是没有得到批准
He tried, but they won’t let him.
在那里我只能孤军奋战
I’m gonna be there all by myself,
在全世界的注视下
the whole world watching.
如果我输了…
And if I lose…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!