他们都亲身参与了一次
they’ll all have won that chance.
我建议今天的投票
I urge you to vote today
大家不要以运动员的身份来考虑问题
not with your hearts as sporting men.
…告诉他们的孩子…
…to tell their children…
…而要问问自己的良知…
…but with your conscience…
…还有他们孩子的孩子…
…and their children’s children…
…要以作为一个人的身份来看待问题
…as members of the human race.
“我参加过奥♥运♥会”
“I was there.”
你怎么了?
What happened to you?
你拿的是《公民报》吗? 给我看看
Is that the, uh, Citizen? Come here. Let me see it.
58票对56票
Fifty-eight to fifty-six.
祝贺你
Congratulations.
我尊重投票的结果…
I respect their decision…
…但凭良心讲 我不想做发布消息的人
…but in all conscience, I can’t be the one to carry it out.
去赢块金牌回来 听见了吗?
Go get us that gold medal, you hear?
太好了
Yes.
嘿!
Hey!
嘿! 这个消息如何?
Hey! How about that, huh?
祝你赢得比赛 杰西!
Hope you win, Jesse!
加油 杰西!
Go, Jesse!
各位 晚上好
Good evening, y’all.
晚上好
Evening.
杰西 这位是俄亥俄州议院
Jesse, this is Representative
的议员代表 戴维斯
Davis of the Ohio State legislature.
他是代表NAACP来这里的
He’s here on behalf of the NAACP.
代表什么?
The what?
全国有色人种协进会
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
你好 这是我妻子 露丝
Oh, well, hello. This is my wife, Ruth.
你好 请坐
Hello. Have a seat.
我们的部长 沃尔特·怀特先生
Our secretary, Mr. Walter White,
派我将这个亲手转送给你
has asked me to deliver this to you personally
并献上他最诚挚的祝福
with his best wishes.
好吧
All right.
为什么?
What’s this about?
首先对于你近期不少的成就 我先表示祝贺
I want to congratulate you on your many recent successes.
我一直在关注这些比赛
I’ve been following them
对你非常非常感兴趣
with great and particular interest.
我们组织的其他人也一样
As all of us in our community have.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
额 奥♥运♥会预选赛 马上就要开始了吧
And, uh, the Olympic trials, well, they’re coming up soon.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
还有不到5周时间
A little under five weeks.
你一定很想取得资格 然后去参赛吧?
Well, no doubt you hope to qualify and take part?
当然
Well, yeah.
我是说 是的 先生
I mean, yes, sir.
即使是在希♥特♥勒♥政♥权♥下举办的?
Even under the Hitler regime?
我代表怀特先生 和他的组织
On behalf of Mr. White and his organization
以及贯穿全美的黑人社区
and the Negro community across America,
奉劝你 不要参加
I hope you don’t go.
这可是奥♥运♥会啊
But this is the Olympic games.
杰西一辈子都在为这个比赛做准备
I mean, Jesse’s been training for this his whole life.
听我说 杰西 你非常出色
Look, Jesse, you’re the best.
你有很大的机会能够一战成名
You have a chance to strike a powerful blow.
我知道如果有美国人
I know that it must sound hypocritical
在其他国家
for any American
谈论反种族偏见
to talk about racial bigotry
你一定会觉得他很虚伪
in other countries,
但这恰好就是为什么
but that is the whole reason
你不能去参加奥♥运♥会的原因
we must not go to these games.
待在这里 我们才有机会
We’ve got a chance here
和德国受压♥迫♥的同胞
to show our solidarity
向世人展示我们的团结
with the oppressed people of Germany.
我们心中所流淌的憎恨是一致的
It’s all a part of the same great hatred.
我们可以唤醒
We can make those in power
那些掌权者的道德责任感
aware of their moral obligation
和发生在家园的
to fight against the wrongs
黑人受歧视事件作斗争
that we Negroes suffer right here at home.
你觉得这能改变什么吗?
You think it’s gonna make a damn bit of difference?
他留在这里 没人会重视这些问题
He stays, they ain’t gonna notice.
他去参加
He goes,
可以赢回来满满一抽屉的奖牌
he can come back with a drawer full of medals,
其他人会比以前更恨他
and they will hate him even worse than before.
J.C
J.C.
心里怎么想就怎么做 明白吗?
Do what you want, now. You understand me?
反正也不会有任何影响
It ain’t gonna make no difference no how.
你跑步吗 戴维斯先生?
Do you run, Mr. Davis?
我吗?
Do I?

Well, um,
不怎么跑
not competitively, no.
我就知道
Figures.
不然你就能感同身受 在跑道上
‘Cause you know, out there on that track,
这些问题根本困扰不了你
you’re free of all this.
当发令枪响起 我就会变得势不可挡
The moment that gun go off, can’t nothing stop me.
肤色
Not color,
金钱
not money,
恐惧 或是仇恨 在那一刻都不重要了
not fear, not even hate.
在赛场上没有白人黑人之分 只有跑得快和跑得慢的区别
There ain’t no black and white. There’s only fast and slow.
就在那10秒钟之内 你是完全自♥由♥的
For those 10 seconds, you are completely free.
现在可好 你来我家告诉我 我不能跑了
Now, here you come telling me I can’t do it,
如果我参加比赛 就会让我的族人失望
that I’m letting down my race if I go.
你让我如何抉择?
What’s that supposed to do for me?
上帝赐予你惊人的天赋 欧文斯先生
God gave you a great gift, Mr. Owens.
或许他能告诉你 应该怎么利用好它
Maybe he can tell you what to do with it.
你不必把内心所有想法都告诉别人
You don’t have to tell them what’s on your mind.
他是我教练 我得找他谈谈
He’s my coach. I gotta say something.
现在进入第4回合 乔处于领先
Joe is ahead as we go into round four
这场15轮回合制拳击赛的对战双方 分别是”棕色轰炸机” 乔·路易斯
of this 15-round bout between Joe Louis, the Brown Bomber,
以及前重量级拳击冠军 麦克斯·施梅林…
and ex-heavyweight champion Max Schmeling…
嘿! 各位 快来 比赛快结束了 快过来
Hey. Hey! Guys, come on. You’re missing the fight. Get over here.
快过来
Come on, let’s go.
…对路易斯而言 只是热热身
…just a warm-up for Louis.
看样子路易斯完全乱了阵脚
Louis hardly seems to know what he’s doing.
他头部受创 头晕眼花
He’s dazed, hurt,
机械地出着拳
fighting mechanically.
加油 加油
Come on, come on.
路易斯倒下了
Louis is down.
站起来
Get up.
官方计时器正在计时
The official timekeeper is counting the seconds across the ring.
结束了 裁判宣布击倒获胜
That’s it. It’s a knockout.
发生了什么? 德国人击败了他
What happened? The Nazi beat him.
竟然有人能赢乔·路易斯 真难以置信
He beat Joe Louis. I don’t believe it.
所以
Well,
我们只有一个办法 对吗?
there’s only one thing to do now, right?
3周后 我们就去柏林
We go over there in three weeks to Berlin,
在他们的地盘上 让他们付出代价 对不对?
we get some payback in their house. Am I right?
没错
That’s right.
阿尔文·克伦茨莱因 阿尔文·克伦茨莱因
Alvin Kraenzlein. Alvin Kraenzlein.
美国最杰出的运动员
The greatest athlete that this country’s ever produced.
克伦茨莱因是唯一一个
Kraenzlein’s the only track and field athlete
一次奥♥运♥会 赢得4枚奖牌的田径运动员
to ever bring home four medals from a single games.
在我看来 我要想和阿尔文·克伦茨莱因对抗 多半没戏
Now, me personally, I may not get to beat Alvin Kraenzlein,
所以我只好勉强当当 有能力做到这一点的年轻人的教练
so I guess I’ll just settle for coaching the guy who does.
小矮人才拿不到4枚 你们见过他跨栏的样子吗?
Shorty won’t get four. You seen the way he go over them hurdles?
我不去了
I’m not going.
就像屁♥股♥着火的牛蛙一样
Like a bullfrog with his ass on fire.
你说什么 小子?
What did you say, kid? Huh?
我不知道自己是否应该去
I said I don’t know if I can go.
去柏林?
To Berlin?
你到底在说什么?
What the hell are you talking about?
你们想想
I mean, well, think about it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!