我很累 教练
Look, I’m tired, Coach.
回俄亥俄州还有15小时车程
We’ve got a 15-hour ride back to Ohio.
我现在只想喝喝啤酒 然后好好放松一下
I just wanna drink my beer and get some rest.
嗯
Hmm.
事实上 如果你再像今天这样输掉比赛
Actually, if you keep losing like you did today,
前往柏林的团队里 可能就没有你的名字了
that boat’s going to leave for Berlin without you.
教练 你知道吗? 如果你又要开讲
You know what, Coach? If this is going
所谓的煽情故事了 那我麻烦你
to be another one of your sob stories,
如果对你来说 都没有差别
then, if it’s all the same to you,
我宁愿明天再听
I’d rather just hear it tomorrow.
听着
Look,
尼克森小姐看上去是位…
Miss Nickerson seems like a…
相当不错的姑娘
Nice enough gal.
你的所作所为 我不做评价
I don’t judge what you do,
只要你自己能够打开心结 欣然接受它
just as long as you feel all right about it.
此时此刻你所做出的选择
The choices you’re making right now
在你觉得一切都不再有转机之前 都不算什么
won’t even feel like choices, until it’s too late.
你结过婚吗 教练?
You ever been married, Coach?
结过
Yeah.
我们的女儿都快长大成人了
Our little girl’s all grown up now.
明年就满18了
Turns 18 next year.
我妻子和我 现在暂时分开住
My wife and I are taking some time off.
她告诉我
She told me,
“你不能同时拥有两个家庭
“You can’t have two families.
“在你心里 已经容不下我和你了”
“There’s no room on the team for us.”
别以为田径很难 试试婚姻你就知道了
Think track and field’s hard, you should try marriage.
我愿意试试
I’d like to give it a shot.
祝你好运 小伙子
Good for you, kid.
你从没告诉我 你还有个女儿
You never told me you had a daughter.
你也没问过我啊
You never asked.
快点
Hurry up.
我想在天亮前赶到得梅因
I wanna get to Des Moines by morning.
听我说 奎因瑟拉
Look, Quincella.
你是个很棒的女孩 真的
You are, you’re an amazing girl, truly.
我们相处得也很…
And it’s, it’s been a real…
你是个混♥蛋♥ 杰西·欧文斯!
Screw you, Jesse Owens!
希望她值得你那么做!
I hope she’s worth it!
我得去见见露丝 我欠她一个解释
I’ve got to see Ruth. I’ve got some explaining to do.
嗯哼 祝你好运
Mmm-hmm. Good luck with that.
露丝?
Ruth?
我对不起你 露丝 我…
I’m so sorry, Ruth. I…
我发誓我…
Look, I swear I’m gonna…
你还记得我们第一次见面的那天吗?
Do you remember the day we first met?
我帮你把书从学校 搬回了家?
I carried your books home from school?
一整天 我们…
And the whole way, we was…
我们都聊个不停
We was talking about this and
天马行空
about that,
谈论我们对以后生活的期望
and what we wanted out of life,
还有忠告
and what we didn’t.
还记得在你家门前 我问了你什么吗?
Do you remember what I asked you at your door?
你想让我嫁给你
You asked me to marry you.
还记得你是怎么回答的吗?
And do you remember what you said?
我说我们应该再等等
I said we should wait.
我已经厌倦等待了
Well, I’m done waiting.
我想娶你 明妮·露丝·所罗门
I wanna marry you, Minnie Ruth Solomon.
之前想 想在更想
I did then and I want it twice as bad now.
我真是个笨蛋
I’m a fool.
当时那个男孩向我求婚时
When that boy asked me to marry him,
我应该答应的
I should’ve said yes.
而你已变得不再是那个男孩了
But you ain’t him no more.
现在赶紧离开这里
Now, go on and get out of here.
露丝… 滚出去!
Ruth… Get out of here!
其他人都还等着呢 走吧 杰西
You keepin’ all these people waiting. Just get out, Jesse.
快出去!
Get out!
喔! 瞧这雨下的
Whoo! Look at all this rain.
你到底想干嘛?
What do you think you’re doing?
等你下班 送你回家
Waiting to walk you home.
你一整天都待在这外面?
You been out here all day?
没错 我明天也会来 有必要的话
Yeah and I’ll be out here all day tomorrow, too,
整个星期都来
all week if I got to.
可这样你就会错过比赛
Then you’ll just miss your damn races.
我不在乎
I don’t care about that.
如果我想跑 直接在克利夫兰就能跑
I just wanna run, I can do that right here in Cleveland.
杰西 你打算一辈子就在加油站干下去吗?
Jesse, you wanna work in a service station the rest of your life?
如果这样能让你我在一起 那我愿意
Well, if it means I get to be with you.
油嘴滑舌
Oh, you’re smooth.
你就是这么会说话
Yes, you are.
嫁给我吧
Marry me.
你疯了?
You crazy?
就现在 我们结婚吧
Right now, let’s do it.
我父母对你恨之入骨
My parents hate your damn guts.
你把女儿扔给了我一个人 杰西
You left me with our daughter, Jesse.
现在想让我死心塌跟你过一辈子 是不是有点晚了
It’s a little late to make an honest woman out of me.
听着 你父母那边我来处理 你答应我就是了
Look, I’ll square with your parents. Just say yes.
说你愿意嫁给我
Say you’ll marry me.
那我们在哪里举♥行♥婚礼 杰西?
Where are we gonna get married, Jesse?
你以为这个小镇上
You think there’s a decent
有愿意帮我们证婚的 体面的基♥督♥教牧师?
Christian minister in this town who’ll do it?
这我倒还没想过
I haven’t thought about that yet,
但婚礼地点我会解决的 我发誓
but I’ll find a place, I swear.
我们还是以前的我们 露丝
It’s just us, Ruth.
我们之间的感情从没变过
It’s always been just us.
那好吧 我愿意嫁给你
All right. I’ll marry you.
你去哪儿?
Where you going?
我去找人给我们证婚
I gotta go find a guy to do it.
等会儿来找你!
I’ll see you later!
先生们 今天我们将要做出的决定 具有深远的意义
Gentlemen, today we make a profound decision.
对于你们所有人而言
It is a complicated decision.
这也将是一个艰难的决定
For all of you, I know.
反对美国运动员
A vote today
参加本届奥♥运♥会
against our American athletes
也就意味着
participating in these Olympics
反对暴♥政♥
is a vote against tyranny.
所有参赛的人员
Anybody who competes,
不论何种赛事 何种级别
in any event, any level,
都知道
knows that
你随时可能会赢 也随时可能会输
on any given day, you’re going to win or you’re going to lose.
但是
What matters
重在参与
is you were there.
比赛结束后 大家都各回各家
When it’s all over, everybody goes home.
历史只会记住胜者的名字
History remembers the winners.
运动场上的每个人
Every man or woman on that field
都将为获得参加奥♥运♥会的机会 而心存感激
is grateful for the chance to be there,
他们可以因此 感受并参与良性的竞争
to meet in the spirit of friendly competition,
个人对抗个人
man against man,
国家对抗国家
nation against nation,
不仅可以检验自己
to test themselves
还可以不带畏惧及敌意地
without fear or rancor
与世界各地顶尖的选手进行比拼
against the best the other side has to offer.
显然我们都同意奥林匹克原则
Surely we all agree the Olympic code
与纳粹意识形态
is a direct antithesis
是完全对立的
to Nazi ideology.
我们真正需要关心的是
They’re who we ought to be thinking about.
我们的运动员
Our athletes,
他们在赛场上挥洒热血和汗水
those putting their sweat, their blood,
就为得到这个千载难逢的机会
their heart into getting that chance.
我不认为我有权利 将这个机会从他们手里夺走
I don’t feel I have the right to take it away from them.
换做是我
I know when I was competing,
我可不想这种事发生在我身上
I wouldn’t have wanted it taken from me.
不管他们最后有没有获得奖牌
And whether they bring home medals or not,