他擅长冲刺爆发 不像你擅长续航
He’s a driver, not a floater like you.
虽然跑姿极丑 但他在田径场上
It’s ugly to watch, but he goes down that track
就像一辆码速满格的货运车 一路狂奔到终点
like a freight train on fire, and he’s got a hell of a finish.
他 你一定得多加注意
Him, you need to watch out for.
他在维拉诺瓦跑了9.5秒
He clocked at 9.5 against Villanova.
别闹了 他比我慢
There you go. He’s slower.
就慢0.1秒 杰西
A tenth of a second slower, Jesse.
是0.2秒 教练
Two-tenths, Coach.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
别紧张
Relax.
我不会让你在克伦威尔面前掉面子的
I won’t let you down in front of Cromwell.
欧文斯先生
Mr. Owens.
拍张照 看这边!
One picture, please!
欧文斯先生 我们有几个问题想问你
Mr. Owens, we have a couple of questions for you.
喔 喔 喔 慢点 慢点
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy, easy, easy,
别挤 让我们过去
easy, easy. Come on, let us through.
做世界上跑得最快的人 感觉如何?
How does it feel to be the world’s fastest human?
借过 借过
Excuse me. Excuse me.
欧文斯
Owens.
下午好 欢迎来到洛杉矶
Good afternoon, and welcome to Los Angeles,
毫无疑问 了不起的杰西·欧文斯 希望在这一站
where the great Jesse Owens, no doubt, hopes to make good
继续保持自己史无前例的4项世界纪录
on his unprecedented streak of four world records.
告诉你 洛杉矶的姑娘…
I’m telling you, the skirt in LA…
他们肯定在水里加了什么东西
They must be putting something in the water.
谁还喝水啊?
Who drinks water?
别想了 小矮人 这种女孩最多和她跳支舞
Forget it, shorty. You might get a girl like that to dance,
但千万别带回家睡觉
but you’ll never get her into bed.
你就是杰西·欧文斯
You’re Jesse Owens.
我是 小姐
Yes, yes, ma’am.
跳舞吗?
Like to dance?
杰西 去啊!
Come on, Jesse. Go!
不了 我有女朋友
Oh, no, I, I got a girl.
她在哪儿? 我也可以和她跳
Where is she? I’ll dance with her too.
她在俄亥俄州
She’s in Ohio.
我已经开始喜欢她了
I like her already.
喔! 加油 杰西
Whoo! Go, Jesse.
加油 小矮人!
Go on, shorty!
为什么要叫杰西?
So, how come it’s Jesse?
你说什么?
Excuse me?
你是”七叶树子弹”
You’re The Buckeye Bullet.
名叫詹姆斯·克利夫兰·欧文斯 生于1913年9月 阿♥拉♥巴马州奥克维尔
Born James Cleveland Owens, September 1913, in Oakville, Alabama.
自从你来到这儿 参加了8场比赛 保持全胜
You’ve won eight out of eight events since you got here,
不管是美国西海岸 东海岸还是美国中部
and there’s nobody that can touch you in the west coast,
都没人能跑得过你
east coast, or straight down the middle.
我唯一不知道的就是 为什么要叫杰西?
What I don’t know is, why Jesse?
额 其实是”JC”我名字的缩写
Uh, well, it’s actually “JC.”
我的小学老师
My elementary school teacher,
由于我的口音 听错了
she misheard on account of my accent.
我也就将错就错 没有纠正她
I never had the heart to put her right.
糟了 怎么了?
That’s too bad. How so?
高尚的气度会坏了很多好事
A big heart can get in the way.
比如?
Of what?
各种各样的乐子
All kinds of fun.
请允许我代表所有人 向您表达我们的喜悦之情
Allow me to say how pleased we all are
我们的改变终于达到了您的预期
we have met your expectations.
一切看起来都很和谐
Everything looks swell.
就这样继续保持 直到下个夏天 可以做到吗?
Let’s keep it that way through next summer, hmm?
美国业余体育联合会 决定在12月冬季大会上
The AAU is set to decide on US participation in the games
支持美国参加奥♥运♥会
at its December convention.
没错
That’s right.
我很好奇 艾弗里
I wonder, Avery,
你真的认为美国会退赛吗?
do you really think America will withdraw?
必须经过投票表决 民♥主♥国家都是这样的
Well, we have to vote. That’s what a democracy is.
这是当然
Yes, of course.
戈培尔部长只是想要保证
The minister Goebbels merely asks for reassurance
能够得到您的支持
we can count on your support.
我的立场已经表示得够明确了
Oh, I’ve made my position clear.
与此同时
In the meantime,
可否请您帮个忙
might we ask that you grant us the benefit
动用您在建筑方面资深的经验 审度一下
of your considerable experience in construction,
我们准备在华盛顿 修建的新大使♥馆♥的架构图?
and review these plans of our new embassy in Washington?
我上次出山
You know, last time I looked,
值的价钱可将近1千5百万
I was worth close on $15 million.
你告诉他 我是不会被收买♥♥的
You tell him I can’t be bought.
你买♥♥不起
You can’t afford me.
贿赂? 当然不是
A bribe? No. No.
纯粹谈生意
A business proposal.
部长会非常感激您的
The minister would be greatly obliged to you.
因为像您公♥司♥那样
There aren’t many companies like yours
能接这种大单子的地方不多
that could handle a project of this size.
确实…
Well…
设计师是艾伯特·斯皮尔
The architect is Albert Speer.

Hmm.
很壮观
Impressive.
但这些高楼不符合特区的分区法
But these towers won’t pass DC zoning laws.
楼层高度不得超过130英尺
You can’t build higher than 130 feet.
这正是我们需要的专业意见 如果你感兴趣
You see, this is exactly the kind of expertise we need,
可以和我们合作
if you’re interested.
喔喂! 累死我了
Whoo-wee! I am beat.
你看上去真美
You look beautiful.
真高兴我们不用赶公交
Just be glad we weren’t on the bus.
我爸爸给我买♥♥车
My daddy didn’t buy me this car
就是为了不让我挤公交
to watch me take no damn buses.
额 欧文斯先生 有你的电报
Uh, Mr. Owens, sir. Telegram.
她不能起诉你 杰西
She can’t sue you, Jesse.
她怎么可能起诉你?
How is she gonna sue you?
以什么名义?
And for what?
违背诺言?
Breach of promise?
这算什么罪名?
What does it even mean?
她是在威胁你 仅此而已
It’s a threat. That’s all.
她只是生气了
She’s just angry.
你好
Hello.
所罗门先生吗? 我是杰西
Mr. Solomon? It’s Jesse.
杰西 你有什么事 小子?
Jesse, what you want, boy?
我能和露丝讲几句吗 先生?
Well, can I speak with Ruth, sir?
她不想和你说话…
She don’t wanna talk to you…
我能理解 但希望你能给我几分钟解释…
I understand that, but if you just give me one second to exp…
别再打来了! 如果她能…
Don’t call here no more! If she would just…
杰西
Jesse.
加油 杰西!
Go, Jesse!
你一定行!
You can do it!
各就各位
Take your mark.
我要击败你 小子 就像我是你♥爸♥爸那样
I’m gonna beat you, boy, like I was your daddy.
预备!
Set!
尤拉斯·皮科克
Eulace Peacock has beaten
以10.2秒的好成绩
the world’s fastest human, Jesse Owens,
击败了世界上跑得最快的人 杰西·欧文斯
with an incredible time of 10.2 seconds.

Hi.
一个人?
You alone?
嗯哼 嗯
Mmm-hmm. Hmm.
能告诉我今天为什么输掉了比赛吗?
So, you, uh, you wanna tell me why you lost today?
那不是你的工作吗
I thought that was your job.
我知道你为什么输
I know how you lost.
你在90米处 瞥了他一眼 结果就输了
You looked for him at 90 meters, and it cost you the race.
他没那本事跑赢你
He’s got no goddamn business beating you.
谁 皮科克吗?
Who, Peacock?
对 还有梅特卡夫
Yeah, or Metcalfe.
但事情已经发生了
Yeah, well, it happened.
不是吗?
All right?
我今天心情不好
I had a bad day.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!