嘿 露丝会说什么?
Hey, what would Ruth say?
跳一个吧 杰西
Come on, Jesse.
啊 让她骄傲一下
Ah, make her proud now.
就是这样 小矮人!
Yeah, shorty!
跳一次 就跳一次!
One jump. One jump!
你们最好放低点 我不认为…
You better lower that. I don’t think…
不 抬高点 再抬高
No, pick it up. Pick it up now.
快 再高点 别害羞
Come on now. Higher. Don’t be shy.
真不知道他在想什么
I don’t know what he was thinking, though.
没错 嗯
Right. Mmm-hmm.
那是谁?
Who’s that?
应该是他的教练
I think that’s his coach.
教练 还好吗?
Coach. Yeah?
我没事 给我两天时间 我就能恢复
I’m fine. Two days, and I’ll be right as rain.
你只剩3天时间了
You’ve got three days.
3天后 我们就要去安阿伯市了
Three days from now, we
不管你有没有痊愈 去不去得了 明白吗?
go to Ann Arbor with or without you. Got it?
该死 究竟是怎么弄伤的?
Goddamn it. What were you doing?
训练 从楼梯上滑倒了
Training. Fell down some steps.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
欢迎来到密歇根安阿伯市的费里田径场
welcome to Ferry Field here in Ann Arbor, Michigan,
参加1935年度 十大联盟田径比赛的
for the finals of the Big Ten track and field conference
决赛!
of 1935!
嘿 去换衣服
Hey, go get dressed.
我帮你退赛 你跑不了
I’m scratching you. You can’t run.
教练 我没事 没问题
Coach, I’m fine. I’m good.
天啊 你连路都走不了 杰西
For God sakes, you can barely walk, Jesse. Come on.
教练 让我跑100码就行
Coach, just let me do the 100.
之后的比赛你不想让我参加 那没问题
You wanna pull me after that, then fine.
什么? 不 不 不
What? No. No, no, no.
不行 带着背伤比赛 你以后可能几个月都好不了
No, you run with an injured back, you could be out for months.
知道吗? 别想了
All right? Forget it.
教练 让我跑吧
Coach, let me do this.
休息3天足够了 我没事
The three days did the trick. I’m good.
就10秒钟而已
It’ll only be 10 seconds.
最好比这更快 去吧
Better be faster than that. Go.
女士们 先生们…
Ladies and gentlemen…
今天的第一场短跑决赛
The first sprint final of the day,
百码冲刺!
the 100-yard dash!
黑鬼!
Negro!
有人喜欢你 就有人讨厌你
They will love you or they will hate you.
但这些都不重要
Does not matter.
因为不管怎样 你走出这个社会 就只能靠自己
‘Cause either way, when you’re out there, you’re on your own.
计时结束
Set.
嘿 小子 你做到了 你成功了
Hey, kid, you did it. You did it.
我起跑慢了
I was slow off the start.
不不不 你跑了9秒3
No, no, no, no. 9.3 seconds.
新纪录 小子 9秒3!
That’s a record, kid. 9.3 seconds!
9秒4
9.4.
你在说什么?
What are you talking about?
是9秒4 劳瑞
9.4, Larry.
不 我计的时是9秒…
No, I clocked it myself at 9…
你知道规则的 什么规则?
You know the rules. What rules?
最后成绩以较长时间为准 你什么意思?
We have to go with the higher time. What are you talking about?
什么叫”较长时间”?
What do you mean, “The higher time”?
3个裁判 有两个都认定这个成绩
We got two out of three agree.
有什么问题吗?
Okay, then, what’s the problem?
你能冷静一下吗?
Will you calm down?
明白吗? 除非你
Do you understand? I’m not
意识到自己的错误 把世界纪录还给我们
gonna calm down till you come to your senses
不然我绝对不会冷静的!
and give us the record!
最后成绩以较长时间为准!
We’re going with the higher time!
真可笑! 你是在逗我吧 菲尔!
That’s ridiculous! You gotta be kidding me, Phil!
你看! 我知道 教练
Look! I see it, Coach.
跳远决赛的下一位运动员
Up next, on the broad jump,
来自俄亥俄州立大学的杰西·欧文斯先生
we have from Ohio State University, Mr. Jesse Owens.
他在干什么?
What’s he doing?
怎么了? 他在熟悉场地
What do you mean? He’s getting a feel for it.
打扰一下 先生
Excuse me, sir.
额 那个中国人跳了多远?
Uh, how far did you say that Chinaman could jump?
什么 喔
What, whoa.
南武先生是日本人
Mr. Nambu is, uh, Japanese.
他的世界纪录是26英尺 2英寸
His world record stands at 26 feet and two inches.
你能借我一张手帕吗?
Do you have a handkerchief I could borrow?
谢谢
Thanks.
他现在是在炫技
Now he’s just showing off.
女士们先生们 一项新的世界纪录诞生了
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new world record.
26英尺 8.25英寸!
Twenty-six feet, eight and one quarter inches!
26英尺 8.25英寸!
Twenty-six feet, eight and one quarter inches!
还给你
Here you go.
哇!
Whoo!
杰西·欧文斯 以20.3秒的成绩
Mr. Jesse Owens sets a new world record
打破世界纪录!
with a time of 20.3 seconds!
20.3秒!
20.3 seconds!
太不可思议了!
This is unbelievable!
杰西·欧文斯 打破另一项世界纪录…
Jesse Owens has smashed another world record…
以22.6 秒的成绩!
With a time of 22. 6 seconds!
仅仅45分钟 就已刷新
Three world records set
3项世界纪录 一项与原纪录持平的成绩!
and another tied in just 45 minutes!
现在还有人能打败欧文斯吗?
Is there anyone who can beat Owens now?
杰西! 杰西! 杰西!
Jesse! Jesse! Jesse!
没关系 你现在可以说了
It’s okay. You can say it.
说什么? 你准备好就说
Say what? Whenever you’re ready.
回哥伦布还有漫漫长路 不着急
Long ride back to Columbus. Take your time.
你得给我点提示 杰西
Yeah, you’re gonna have to help me out here, Jesse.
我不知道你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
真的? 真的
Really? Yeah.
一场比赛刷新3项世界纪录的
How many other natural speed men you trained
有天赋的运动员 你还带出过几个? 再加上我还带伤参赛
just set three world records in a single meet, hmm? Injured.
是4项记录 如果算上100码的话
Four, if you count the 100.
告诉你 还有更夸张的
I’ll tell you what. It gets worse than that.
真的吗? 嗯
Oh, yeah? Yeah.
你还打破了俄亥俄州立大学
You also shattered the Ohio State record
1年内得奖最多的记录 所以祝贺你
for most points in a single year, so congrats.
真的吗? 真的
Really? Mmm, yes, really.
我把哪个损人拉下来了?
Which cracker did I take that off of?
我这个损人
This cracker.
没错
Yeah.
这个记录我保持了11年
I had that record for 11 years.
整整11年 而你就这么把我拍在沙滩上了
Eleven years, and you left me in the dust.
你知道其他人都是怎么评价记录的吗?
Yeah, well, you know what they say about records, don’t you?
不知道 怎么说的?
No. What do they say?
随时都有年轻人冒出来
Some kid, come out of nowhere,
轻轻松松就能打破你的记录
snatch the record off of you, just like that.
噢 这句话啊
Oh, that saying. Yeah.
嗯哼 嗯哼
Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm.
你表现很棒
No, you did good.
真的很棒 杰西
Real good, Jesse.
你让我大开眼界
That was something to watch.
告诉你
Yeah, well, I’ll tell you what.
如果你一直当我教练 我一定会让你骄傲的
You stick with me, I’ll make a great coach out of you.
弗朗克·怀科夫在28年 阿姆斯特丹奥♥运♥会赢得金牌
Frank Wykoff took gold in Amsterdam in ’28,
在32年的洛杉矶奥♥运♥会上 再次斩获金牌
and again in ’32 right here in LA.
他还有德雷珀 是克伦威尔最得意的队员
Him and Draper, they’re the best Cromwell’s got,
也正是如此 他们代表着美国的最高水平 所以…
which make them pretty much the best in the country, so…
你有在听我说吗? 我在听
Are you listening to me? Yeah. Yeah.
教练 我已经超越怀科夫了
Coach, I already took Wykoff.
没错 这位…
Yeah, well, this…
是尤雷斯·皮科克
That’s Eulace Peacock.
皮科克拿下了费城100米以及跳远的冠军
Peacock took the 100 meters and the broad jump in Philadelphia.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!