我还以为这一切只是为了德国的荣耀
And I thought this was all about the glory of the Nazis.
我们只是想呈现自己国家最好的一面 仅此而已
We hope to present a favorable image of ourselves, that’s all.
那我问你几件事
Well, then, let me ask you something.
你们想作为举办
Do you want to be remembered
没有美国参加的奥♥运♥会的国家 被载入历史吗?
as the guys who held the Olympics without America?
部长希望您对我们
The minister hopes you are impressed
运动俱乐部的配套设施都还满意
by the facilities here at our sports club.
设施都非常不错
Yeah, the facilities are great.
这方面我没有疑问
No problem with the facilities.
但是困扰我的一件事
But the one thing that puzzles me
是你们不允许犹太人加入俱乐部
is you don’t allow Jews to be members,
而这是他们有资格参加奥♥运♥会的唯一方式
and that’s the only way they can qualify for the games.
有几名非常有前途的
We have several, very promising
犹太运动员 我们正期望他们能参赛
Jewish athletes we expect to compete.
听着 我来这里不是想教你们如何管理国家
Look, I’m not here to tell you how to run your country.
这里是你们的地盘 我不会这么不讲礼节
I walk in a man’s house, I’m not gonna piss on his rug.
但我也不希望像傻子一样 被人用粪便欺骗 那人还硬称其为鹅肝酱
But I don’t expect him to feed me manure and call it foie gras.
你们想利用奥♥运♥会
You wanna use these games
向全世界灌输你们肮脏的思想
to sell your nasty little ideas to the world,
我来这儿 就是想告诉你们 没人会支持你们的
and I’m here to tell you no one is gonna stand for it.
你们必须检点一点
You gotta clean up your act.
你是希望我直译还是讲得委婉点?
Would you like me to translate or interpret?
艾弗里
Avery, what did you have in mind?
撕除那些海报
Gotta take down those posters.
报刊严禁提及此类新闻
Put a leash on your press.
我不想再听到有关排斥 歧视的传言了
I don’t wanna hear about anymore rounding up of undesirables.
我需要你们的保证 此时此地就要
And I want your word, here, today,
保证你们不会限制犹太人 和黑人参加奥♥运♥会
that you will not exclude Jews and Negroes from the games.
只要他们是美国公民
So long as they’re American citizens,
让我带个火星人来都行
we’ll bring Martians if we want to.
如果部长同意 你能保证绝对支持他吗?
If the minister agrees, he can count on your support?
当然
Sure.
教练?
Coach?
给你
There you go.
这是什么?
What, what’s this?
俄亥俄州议院的
An identity and registration card
身份登记卡
for the Ohio state legislature.
所有青年助理人手一张
All the pages there gotta have them.
助理需要做什么?
What’s a page do?
每月拿60块回家 日常开支也可以报销
Takes home 60 bucks a month, plus expenses.
但是有什么工作呢?
All right. But what does he gotta do?
什么都不做 十大联盟冠军联赛在即 他只需要抓紧时间训练
Nothing. He’s got the Big Ten Championships coming up. He trains.
谢谢你 教练
Thanks, Coach.
明早9点整见
See you at 9:00 a.M. Sharp.
10秒种 明白吗?
Ten seconds. Okay?
各位 自己心里默数10秒
I want you to count that to yourself. Ten seconds, fellas.
这是你们百码跑的目标
That’s all you get to run the 100.
60的步幅 每一步都很重要
Sixty strides, and every single one of them counts.
容不得一丝一毫的错误 明白吗?
There’s no margin for error, all right?
400码你可以摔跤
You could fall down in the 400,
爬起来继续跑 仍然可以名列前茅 但在这里行不通
pick yourself up and still place. Not here.
如果你们步幅过大 或是步调过慢
Now, if you’re over-striding, if your cadence is too slow,
都会使你们最后的成绩 慢四分之一秒
it can cost you a quarter of a second the whole race.
每秒 甚至每毫秒都至关重要
Every fraction of every second counts,
但最最关键的 还是在于你的起跑
but it’s your start that counts the most of all.
跑
Go.
说的就是你 杰西
I’m looking at you, Jesse.
你起跑时就像要一头撞进砖墙一样
You come off the gun like you’re slamming into a brick wall,
看着真让人难受 知道吗?
and it pains me to watch it, okay?
预备时降低重心
You gotta start low.
你的身体要像飞机起飞一样滑动
You gotta glide into it like an airplane.
你们有谁看过飞机起飞?
Any of you fellows ever seen an airplane take off?
重心越低 保持的时间越长
The lower you are, the longer you stay there,
你受到的阻力越小 你的速度也就越快
the less resistance you get, the faster you are.
就这么简单
It’s that simple.
准备
Ready?
这部分我们要一遍又一遍地练习 明白?
And we’re gonna keep working on that over and over, okay?
穿过跳栏的全程 你都必须放低重心 明白吗?
You gotta stay low all the way through the hurdle, okay?
哇 了不起的杰西·欧文斯
Wow. The great Jesse Owens.
杰西 让我们练习最基本的动作
Jesse, let’s get back to basics.
你为什么不悬挂在那些竹竿上呢 小子?
Why don’t you swing from those bamboo poles over there, boy?
没错 黑鬼!
That’s right, jiggaboos!
让我们看看你吊在上面的样子!
Let’s see you hang off those bars!
嘿 杰西 准备好
Hey, Jesse, get set.
小伙子 赶紧的
Hustle to it fellas.
就像回到丛林里一样 不是吗?
It’s just like being back in the jungle, huh?
快点 跳梁小丑 吊上去!
Come on, porch monkey, swing!
快吊啊!
Yeah, do it!
还有一件事 杰西
One more thing. Jesse, you wanna tell me
你和那帮该死的橄榄球队的人 究竟有什么过节?
what was so interesting about the goddamn football team?
我不知道 教练 我有点分心了
I don’t know, Coach. I just got distracted.
噢 分心了? 这就是我担心的问题
Oh, you got distracted? See, that’s what I’m talking about.
你必须集中注意力 听明白了吗?
You can’t get distracted. You understand?
这是什么情况?
What the hell is this?
劳瑞 赶紧走人
All right, Larry. Finish this up now.
我的队员们还等着洗澡呢
I got boys who need to shower.
等一会 教练 我还没讲完
Yeah, one sec, Coach. I’m not quite through yet.
坐下 所有人 全部坐下!
Sit down. Everybody, sit down. Sit down!
劳瑞 快把这些黑鬼赶出去 听见了吗?
Larry, hustle these niggers out of here. You hear me?
让他们出去!
Get ’em out!
如果你们在这里
If you get your head turned
被几个穿着护垫的猩猩说几句 就撑不住了
by a few gorillas in warm-up pads here at home,
那你们在密歇根还谈什么比赛?
how are you gonna hold up in Michigan?
他管谁叫”猩猩”呢 教练? 斯奈德教练!
Who the hell is he calling “Gorillas,” Coach? Coach Snyder!
嘿 看着我! 斯奈德教练
Hey, look at me! Coach Snyder.
十大联盟比赛会有很多人出席
A lot of people show up for the Big Ten meet.
斯奈德教练! 不是所有人都会支持我们
Coach Snyder! Not all of them are gonna be on our side,
明白吗?
you understand?
明白? 明白?
Do you? Do you?
你们得学会屏蔽这些恶言恶语!
You gotta learn to block it all out!
都是些噪音! 全部都是!
It’s just noise! That’s all, all this is!
这些都只是噪音 听清楚了吗?
All it is, is noise. You hear me?
有人喜欢你 就会有人讨厌你
They will love you or they will hate you.
但这都不重要
Does not matter.
因为不管怎么样 你走出这个社会 都只能靠自己
‘Cause either way, when you’re out there, you’re on your own.
杰西!
Jesse!
听清楚了吗?
Do you hear me?
是的 教练 听清楚了
Yeah. Yeah, Coach, I hear you.
那就好
Good.
差不多了吧 好 我们出去吧
About time. All right, come on. Let’s go.
教练发话了 他们要用更衣室
You heard Coach. They need the locker room.
好的
Right.
走吧! 快点! 都出去!
Come on! Move it! Let’s go!
我的天 斯奈德
Jesus Christ, Snyder.
你为什么总喜欢把事情搞得这么复杂?
Why you always have to complicate everything?
谢谢你的耐心 教练 更衣室是你们的了
Thanks for your patience, Coach. Locker room’s all yours.
究竟是怎么回事 教练?
What in the hell was that, Coach?
戴夫
Okay, Dave.
准备好 秀给我们看看
All right. Let’s see it.
给你瓶酒
That was for you.
小矮人 这一跳献给你
No, that was for you, shorty.
我不喝 梅尔
No, I’m good, Mel.
你敢相信吗?
Come on. You believe it?
是的 我看见了 你跳得像我妹妹一样
Yeah, I saw. You jump like my sister.
像你妹妹?
Like your sister?
事实上 我女儿就能跳
Matter of fact, my daughter can make that jump.
她才3岁
She’s three years old.
没错 也就比你矮个3英寸 过来
Yeah, she’s three inches taller than you. Come on now.
嘿 小矮人 给大家看看你有什么能耐
Hey, shorty, show us what you got.
来吧 杰西
Come on, Jesse.