拒绝犹太运动员加入 参加预选赛
clubs to exclude Jewish athletes from trials.
现已逐出两名女运动员 迈尔和伯格曼 她们都是犹太人
They’re putting up two women, Mayer and Bergmann, both Jewish.
竟然有两人! 杀一儆百
Oh, two! As a token gesture.
可能其他人不够优秀
Well, maybe the rest weren’t good enough.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
这是我们该谈论的重点吗?
Is this really the point here?
对德国处理国家事务指手划脚
It is not the purpose of the Amateur Athletics Union
不在业余体育联合会
or the American Olympic Committee
也不在美国奥林匹克委员会
or the International Olympic Committee
和国际奥林匹克委员会 的管理范畴
to tell Germans how to govern their affairs.
所以你认为我们应该无所作为
So you think we should just sit back
轻信他们 会保证比赛公正进行的诺言?
and take their word that they’re going to play fair?
我是说 涉及体育 政♥治♥就没有发言权了
I’m saying politics has no place in sport.
业余体育联合会 已经接受了参赛的邀请
The AAU already accepted the invitation to compete.
你想出尔反尔?
You wanna go back on your word?
如果他们敢背弃诺言 我就敢
If they go back on theirs.
从德国传出很多可憎的流言
There’s a lot of hateful literature coming out of there,
而且不全是针对犹太人的
and it is not only against the Jews.
他们现在又说 不允许黑人参赛
Now they’re saying they don’t want Negroes to compete.
20年前 德国人战场上惨败
Krauts got kicked in the balls 20 years ago,
现在国家还在不断地重建和修复
and they’re still catching their breath.
他们需要通过举办奥♥运♥会
They need these games.
向世人证明 国家正在蓬勃发展
Show they’re back on their feet.
所以他们凭什么冒这个险?
Why would they risk us pulling out?
也许他们以为 我们没胆量退出奥♥运♥会
Maybe they don’t think we have the nerve.
我敢保证 在他们那儿 绝不存在任何歧视的问题
We have had every assurance they will not discriminate.
你竟然相信纳粹的话?
And you trust the word of a Nazi?
我从没见过纳粹 你呢?
I’ve never met a Nazi. Have you?
你回忆一下 你最后一次和一个犹太人
Come to think of it, when was the last time
或是黑人 打满18洞是什么时候?
you played 18 holes with a Jew or a Negro?
这怎么可以和现在的形势相提并论
Come on. The situation here is hardly comparable.
不能吗?
It’s not?
这可是世界上最伟大的体育盛事 你却想退赛
You want to pull out of the greatest sporting event in the world
就因为几句谣言
because of a few rumors.
这几年美国也不好过
It’s been a tough few years here, too.
美国人♥民♥需要冠军
The American people need champions
来提醒并激励自己
to remind them what they’re capable of.
你现在身处摩天大楼 还知道体恤民情
I’m surprised you can still see the American people
可真让我惊讶
from all the way up there in your skyscraper.
去你的 马奥尼
Screw you, Mahoney.
奥♥运♥会必须是有包容性的
These games have to be inclusive.
如果最后
If I’m not satisfied
德国人没有兑现他们的诺言
that the Nazis are going to make good on their promises,
那别无选择 我只好发起联合抵♥制♥
I have no alternative but to recommend
的投票
a vote to boycott.
你不能这么做 你不能这么做 你不能这么做
You can’t do that. You can’t do that. You can’t do that.
确实 但我可以鼓动所有运动员 摸摸自己的良心
No, but I can urge each athlete to search their conscience,
我知道很多美国人
and I know a lot of people on the American
还有国际委员会的成员 跟我的想法是一致的
and the International Committees who feel the way I do.
但这是政♥治♥问题 与体育无关 那好
But that’s politics, that’s not sport. Okay.
我们派人去德国进行实地考察
We’ll send someone over there to find out.
管好他们的行为
Keep them in line.
额 心里有什么人选吗?
Uh, who do you have in mind?
我推荐艾弗里
I propose Avery.
我只是个建筑师
I’m a builder.
没有专门负责这种事的外交官吗?
Don’t you have some tame diplomat for that?
我觉得你就是最好的人选
I think you’re just the diplomat we need.
集♥合♥
Gather around.
有几项新的体能训练
Okay, we got some new exercises.
你们可能会认为我是疯子 但你们还是得练
You’re gonna think I’m nuts, but we’re gonna do ’em anyway.
首先 进行高抬腿 就像这样
First, we’re gonna start off with high knees, like that.
腿要尽量抬高
You got to lift those legs.
接下来锻炼你们的步调节奏
And we’re gonna work on your syncopation.
很多人认为短步幅会减慢你的速度
A lot people think a shorter stride makes you slower.
他们都错了
Well, a lot of people are wrong.
短步幅意味着同等时间更多跨步 意味着更好的成绩
A shorter stride means more strides and a faster time.
当你脚离地的时候 实际上你并没有向前走
When your feet are in the air, you’re not moving forward.
所以好好练习 让你们的步调加倍
So let’s get those legs working double-time.
开始! 加速 加速 再加速!
Let’s go! Move it, move it, move it!
亲爱的露丝 这个月就只能寄给你这么多钱
Dear Ruth, this is all I can send you this month.
我们的课本比想象中贵多了
Our books cost much more than you’d think.
但我在加油站找了份工作
But I got a job at a service station
一个星期能挣几块钱
that’s good for a few bucks a week.
我们的教练有很独到的训练手段
Our coach has his own ideas about how to get things done.
每天的练习都很幸苦
He’s working us pretty hard.
你也许不会相信 但猜猜我今天干了什么?
Now, you probably won’t believe this, but guess what I did today?
我申请了结婚证
I applied for a marriage license.
等我成功后就回来找你 明妮·露丝
I’m coming back for you in style, Minnie Ruth.
代我吻一下格洛丽亚
Kiss Gloria for me.
很想念你们
I miss you both so much.
杰西
Jesse.
快 我们走 我来了
Come on. Let’s go. I’m coming.
今天早上的训练你没参加
Missed you at practice this morning.
没错 我有实验课 要解剖青蛙
Yeah. I, I had to cut up a frog for lab class.
好吧 那下午又怎么回事?
Okay. What about this afternoon?
我去了加油站
I was at the service station.
什么 你去给人加气吗?
What, were you pumping gas?
教练 我需要这份工作
Look, Coach, I need this job.
有很多人都得靠我养活 知道吗?
I got a lot of people counting on me, all right?
看来我是误会了
Well, I guess I misunderstood.
因为我对你的印象还停留在
‘Cause I was under the impression
你站在我的办公室 然后直视我的眼睛
when you stood in my office and you looked me in the eye,
向我作出该死的承诺那时候!
that you made me a goddamn commitment!
你以为自己是天才?
You think you know everything?
不需要再学 不需要再练了 是吗?
Got nothing left to learn, is that it?
嗯? 不是 先生!
Huh? No, sir!
我知道自己现在还不够快
Look, I know I ain’t as fast as I want to be,
但我必须想办法
but you need to figure out a way
解决自己女儿的温饱问题
to feed and put clothes on my baby girl.
要不然 我必然配合你的训练
Or else, fit your practices in around me,
但我真的别无选择
’cause I’m all out of options.
嘿!
Hey!
为什么不告诉我你有女儿?
Why didn’t you tell me you had a daughter?
你又没问过我
You never asked.
欢迎来到德国 布伦戴奇先生!
Welcome to Germany, Herr Brundage!
谢谢你
Thank you.
旅途还愉快吗?
I trust you had a pleasant flight?
是的 非常顺利
Yeah. Very impressive.
这将成为奥林匹克历史上
This will be the largest
最大 最先进的体育馆
and most technically advanced stadium in Olympic history.
占地326英亩 能容纳11万人
326 acres, with a capacity of 110, 000.
可能比你们的洛杉矶体育馆略大
A little more, I think, than your Los Angeles Coliseum.
建筑的全过程 都被元首亲自挑选的
Every moment is being recorded by Miss Leni Riefenstahl,
我们国家最具天赋的年轻电影制片人
one of our most talented young filmmakers,
莱尼·里芬斯塔尔小姐 拍摄下来了
handpicked by the Fuhrer himself.
记录下来的都是宝贵的历史 布伦戴尔先生
This is history, Herr Brundage.
也是迄今为止第一次 数百万的观众
For the first time, an audience of millions
能够身临其境般 感受到奥林匹克的魅力
will experience the Olympics as if they were there themselves.
我从来都没什么时间看电影
I’ve never had much time for the pictures.
布伦戴尔先生…
Herr Brundage…
让里芬斯塔尔小姐向您详细介绍吧
Let’s allow Miss Riefenstahl to explain.
抱歉 我来晚了
Sorry, I’m late.
向您介绍约瑟夫·戈培尔部长
May I present Dr. Joseph Goebbels?
你好吗?
How do you do?
我拍的小♥电♥影♥就是他的部门资助的
His ministry is financing my little film.
我听说了
Well, I’ve been hearing all about it.
我希望奥林匹亚
It’s my hope that Olympia
能够成为世人所知的奥♥运♥精神
will stand as the greatest advertisement
最好的象征和代言
for the Olympic ideals the world has ever seen.
最后 我们能共享这场体育盛事的荣光
At last, we will be able to honor the full glory of the games.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!