嘿 抱歉
Hey. Sorry.
衣服不错
That’s some outfit.
什么款式的 黑人童装?
What’s this, a pickaninny parade?
走慢点 小伙子!
Slow down, boy!
快看啊
Well, look at this.
佩吉 这位是谁?
Peggy, who do we have here?
斯奈德教练 我是杰西·欧文斯
Coach Snyder, I’m Jesse Owens.
外套不错
Nice jacket.
我上主日学校的时候 好像也有一件这样的
Think I had the same one back in Sunday school.
进来啊 傻站着干嘛?
Coming in, or what?
关门
Shut the door.
坐吧
Oh, you can sit down.
查理·莱利说你很能跑
Charlie Riley says you can run.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
说你天赋异禀 是他见过最厉害的
Well, says you’re a natural, best he’s ever seen.
也许吧
Well, I guess.
就我个人而言 我不相信天赋
Me personally, I don’t trust naturals,
因为他们以为仅凭天赋 就可以不努力了
’cause they think they don’t have to work.
要我说
I will say,
你还真能跑
you can run.
而且 跳远也还不错
And, boy, oh, boy, you can jump.
但我想知道的是 你能赢吗?
What I wanna know is, can you win?
换句话说就是 你坚持得下去吗?
And what I mean by that is, can you work?
你妈妈或许教了你如何打扮自己
You know, your mama might’ve taught you how to dress right,
但她绝对没教你待人接物的礼节
but she sure as hell didn’t teach you anything about manners.
当别人跟你说话的时候 你应该看着他的眼睛
You should look a man in the eye when he’s speaking to you.
你能坚持吗?
Can you work?
我6岁时每天就要搬运100磅的棉花
I was picking 100 pounds of cotton a day at six years old.
你搬过棉花吗?
You ever pick cotton?
感受过不小心划蹭圆荚 割伤皮肤的疼痛吗?
The way it cuts you when you, when you get it off the boll?
当然 先生 我能坚持
Yes, sir, I can work.
赖利教练固然精明
Coach Riley’s a smart man.
但我今天看了你跑步 总结一下
But I was watching you out there today, I’ll tell you this.
你的起跑很糟糕 步调有问题 跑步姿势也很蹩脚
Your start’s no good, your rhythm’s off and your posture’s lousy.
但这些都能修正 很容易
But we can fix all that. That’s easy.
但如果你想赢
But if you wanna win,
靠的就不仅仅是一双腿了 懂吗?
it takes more than a pair of legs, all right?
靠的是这里
You win up here.
而你具不具备这个条件 我还不知道
And that’s the part I don’t know about you yet.
你有这个特质吗
I don’t know if you got that.
我去年参加芝加哥的百码跑 跑了9秒4
I ran 100 yards last year in Chicago in 9.4.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
和怀科夫的成绩一样 那可是世界纪录
I mean, it’s the same as Wykoff. It’s a world record.
记录屁用没有!
Records don’t mean shit!
你知道什么才重要吗?
You know what matters?
奖牌
Medals.
随时都会有不知名的年轻人
Some kid come out of nowhere,
突然冒出来 轻轻松松就能打破你的记录
snatch your record from you like that.
但如果有一枚金牌呢?
But a gold medal?
那是一辈子只属于你的荣誉
That’s yours for life.
照片里的人是你吗?
Is that you?
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
是24年巴黎奥♥运♥会 拍的美国代表队
It’s the US Olympic team, Paris games, ’24.
去吧 走近点看
Go ahead, take a look.
右边那个 站在查理·帕多克旁边的是我
That’s me on the right, next to Charley Paddock.
你和查理·帕多克一起参加过 24年的巴黎奥♥运♥会?
You, you went to Paris in ’24 with Charley Paddock?
很惊讶吗
No.
为什么不呢?
Well, why not?
你想得金牌吗?
You wanna win a gold medal?
当然
Well, sure.
想在柏林奥♥运♥会一战成名吗?
You wanna do it in Berlin?
除非你想再等等 和机会失之交臂
Well, I mean, unless you were planning on waiting.
我…
You know, I…
我听说那里对黑人运动员有偏见
I heard they don’t care much for colored folk over there.
在哥伦布这里 也对黑人有偏见
Well, they don’t care for ’em much here in Columbus either.
这会对你造成困扰吗?
Is that gonna be a problem?
不 先生 我来这儿就是为了赛跑的
No, sir. I just came here to run.
那在未来的28个月
Well, then, for the next 28 months,
你要么是在教室上课 要么就来田径场练习
you’re either in a classroom or you’re on that track,
每天每时不间断
every hour, every day.
我不在乎你成绩如何
And I don’t care about your grades. I really don’t.
我也不在乎
And I don’t care if your buddies
你的身体是否负荷得了
have a keg they need help with.
我也决不在乎 你是否有女朋友
And I certainly don’t care if you got a girl at home
待在家里 希望你早点回家
rolling down her silk stockings with that look in her eye.
你只属于我
You belong to me.
听明白了吗?
Do we have an understanding?
明白 先生
Yes, sir.
那好 回家好好休息一下吧
Good. All right, well, go home and get some rest.
明早9点 做个测试 看看你究竟有多优秀
9 a.M. Tomorrow, we’ll see how good you really are.
杰西
Jesse.
你为什么选择这里?
Why’d you come here?
你在芝加哥取得的成绩 轰动一时
I mean, after the noise you made in Chicago,
你可以选择 比这儿更好的学校
hell, you could’ve gone anywhere you wanted.
比如 去一些发展得更好的
You know, maybe someplace a little
城市
more progressive.
虽然如此…
Yeah, well…
但赖利先生说你是最好的教练
Mr. Riley said you were the best.

Mmm.
新人?
Another one?

Uh-huh.
董事会上的人常开玩笑
Well, the joke on the board is,
他们觉得我们应该改名为”模范收♥容♥所♥”
they’re thinking of renaming us the “Model T State.”

Mmm.
选择这么多 偏偏挑了个黑人
Any color you want, so long as it’s black.
如果你和施密特教练
Yeah, well, maybe if you and Coach Schmidt
允许他们打橄榄球的话
let ’em play football,
也许他们就不会全选择田径了 不是吗?
they wouldn’t all choose track and field, huh?
杰西! 准备好就开始
Jesse! Ready when you are.
准备好了 教练
Okay, Coach.
看看他到底有什么能耐
Let’s see what we got here.
预备 跑!
Ready, go!
哇!
Whoo!
不知道你在高兴些什么
Well, I don’t know why you look so impressed.
这可比怀科夫的记录慢了整整1秒
This was a second slower than Wykoff’s record.
弗朗克·怀科夫 跑100码用了9秒4
Frank Wykoff runs 100 yards in 9.4.
而这小子跑了100米
Kid just ran 100 meters.
林恩 你知道米比码长 对吧?
Well, Lynn, you know that meters are longer than yards, yeah?
不知道
No.
有什么问题吗 教练?
There a problem, Coach?
不 杰西 完全没问题
Uh, no. No, Jesse. No problem at all. Uh-uh.
要我再跑一次吗?
You want me to do it again?
可以 那样最好
Yeah. That’d be great.
注意你的起跑
Watch your start.
他再练习一下起跑
He works on his start, you’re looking
绝对可以获得 1936年奥♥运♥会的金牌
at a 1936 gold medalist right there.
如果36年还要举办奥♥运♥会的话
That is, if they have a ’36 Olympics.
我们誓死不去柏林 布伦戴奇!
We won’t go to Berlin, Brundage!
纳粹的走狗!
Nazi-lover!
把你的脏手挪开!
Get your hands off me!
美国人坚决反对参加奥♥运♥会!
Americans can’t take part in these games!
好 人到齐了
Okay, we’re here.
请坐 艾弗里
Take a seat, Avery.
我听说有人要联合抵♥制♥ 到底是怎么回事? 嗯?
What’s this I’m hearing about a boycott? Hmm?
现在什么都还没决定
Nothing’s been decided yet,
但我们从德国那里 听到一些非常不堪的消息
but we’re hearing some pretty ugly reports out of Germany.
很显然 有人在联合罗马吉普赛人…
Apparently, they’re rounding up Romany Gypsies…
吉普赛人!
Gypsies!
…肆意摧残犹太人的财物和权利
…vandalizing Jewish property.
他们要求运动俱乐部
They’re using the sports

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!