They demand too much!
我得应付群众 群众使我受罪
This mob tortures me!
我最恨罗马 其次就是群众
I hate it second only to Rome!
他们粗俗的气息布满宫里
The foul breath of that mob floats in my house,
我的花♥园♥里
In my garden!
我希望
I wish…
我希望
oh, I wish… Your wish, Caesar?
如果你愿意 我把他们全处死
I wish that mob had a single throat,
群众里我只想杀一个人
That I might cut it.
只要你下令 立刻遵命
It could be done.
典型的屠夫式解答
A typical butcher’s solution.
朱里纳会剥夺你做为艺术家
Tigellinus would deprive you
不可或缺的要件
of your
也就是你的听众
audience.
但他们真烦呀 真烦呀
They irk me!
是我为了他们活
Do I live for them
还是他们为我而活
or they for me?
不幸的是
As a
做为一个统治者
ruler,
你要有东西给你统治才行
you must have subjects to rule.
有点人口是必须的罪恶
Population is a necessary evil.
波楚尼说得倒轻松
But the burden is
负担是你的
on you.
全天下也只有他的肩膀承受得了
on the only shoulders strong enough to bear it.
不错 波楚尼
That’s true, isn’t it, Petronius?
当皇帝好寂寞
It’s lonely to be an emperor.
但做个天才会更寂寞
It is lonelier to be a genius.
只有你了解我身受痛苦的复杂性
You’re the only one Who understands my tortured nature.
波楚尼 这是否做诗的
Is that not a theme
好题材
for a poem?
皇上 这是史诗的好题材
It is a theme for an epic, divinity,
想写它 你就得受罪
But to write it, you must suffer it.
是的
Yes.
波比亚在那里
Where is Poppaea?
皇后在那里
Where is my empress?
皇上
Here,
就在这 永远在你身旁
lord.
来 波楚尼 你来写
come. Petronius, you were right.
我要感受它
I must feel it,
夜晚 生活
know it, live it.
纾解忧愁
come, Petronius, attend me closely.
面对我的折磨
Attend me closely my ordeal.
尼禄万岁 朱比特的继承人
Hail Nero, son of Jupiter!
孩子 看 皇上
Look at him, my darling!
杀老婆的人 杀母亲的人
Wife killer!
闭嘴 不想活了
Mother killer!
人人都知道
Quiet, woman!
他是禽兽 闭嘴
He’s a beast! Quiet!
没有人会是禽兽
No man is a beast.
瞧他
Look at him and know that he is but sick.
他只是身心有病的人
Sick in heart, spirit, and soul.
你没错 波楚尼
You are right, Petronius.
他们多爱我啊
How they love me.
确实如此
How, indeed.
不只是男人 更是男子汉
Remember, thou art only a man.
只有英雄才能争锋
Remember, thou art only a man.
马可士狄尼奇斯
Marcus Vinicius.
他就是昨天来见尼禄王的人
Isn’t he the one Who came to see Nero yesterday?
出色的男人 颇耐看的
An arrogant man. He bears watching.
据我所知 他近距离更耐看
He might bear watching at much c loser range.
波比亚 你在嘀咕什么
Poppaea, what are you muttering about?
靠近点 你看
come closer.
在游♥行♥的是我们威武 雄壮
Look. They march as they fight…
无情 勇敢
Strong, brave, relent less,
而无法征服的孩子们
our unconquerable children.
应该要拥抱他们
We must take them to our breast.
是的 皇上
Yes, my lord well,
英雄终于来了
The hero at last.
我经常因为亲友而受窘
Usually one’s embarrassed by relatives,
但今天我为你骄傲
But today I was proud of you.
顶着大太阳 辛苦得很
Hot work in that sun.
皇帝显然很看重你
The emperor adores you.
他称你是勇敢 无情的孩子
He called you his brave re lent less child.
好好干的话
If you play your hand well,
你能掌军事大权
You can have a military governorship.
说不定可以管埃及
Egypt, perhaps.
坐一下
Sit down.
洗澡前稍做休息
Relax before you take your bath.
好吧 尝尝这个
Very well, Then taste this.
在奥林柏斯酿造
Straight from the vines of Olympus.
酒质没得比的
Your Sicilian vintages will pale to nothing.
怎么了
Well?
有关人♥质♥的法律是些什么
What’s the law regarding hostages?
人♥质♥ 能不能买♥♥卖♥♥或移转
Hostages? can they be bought?
是的
Well…
这人♥质♥想必是个女的
I take it this hostage is female.
从头到脚百分之百
Head to toe.
法律怎么说
What’s the law?
只要你看到我要给你的
Wait until you see what I have for you.
噢 她来了
Ah. Here she is.
带她过来
Bring her here.
你专用的
Your exquisite wildflower
来看西班牙山区的野花
From the hill s of Spain, Marcus.
我忘了 她怎么称呼
What’s her name? I’ve forgotten.
主人 你叫我优尼斯
You called me Eunice.
不准说话
Silence!
是啊 优尼斯
Ah, yes. Eunice.
抬起头来 优尼斯
Lift your chin, Eunice.
见过这样美的肌肤吗
Look at that skin.
转个身
Turn around. Slowly.
如花神般匀称
Flawless proportions.
把手举到头后面
Hold your arms behind your head.
让人觉到巴不得自己是雕刻师
Makes one wish one were a sculptor.
的确很美
Lovely.
可惜我对这不热衷
Enough of my collector’s enthusiasm.
她是你的了
She is the commander’s now.
带她到将军房♥里
Take her to his apartment.
我不去 你说什么
I won’t go. What did you say?
别把我送掉 你可以鞭打我
Don’t give me away, my lord.
就是别把我送走
Don’t send me from here.
你可以留下 我不想要你
Stay here, girl. I don’t want you.
你不要她
You don’t want her?
真不可思议
And I refused an offer of six Arabian stallions.
留下她吧 她是你的
Keep her, Petronius. She’s yours.
老天爷
Give her five
打她五鞭算她招待不周
lashes.
你不会把我送走吧
You won’t give me away, then?
那要看你以后的表现了
That depends on your conduct.
是的
Yes, my lord.
小心打 别伤了她皮肤
Ply the lash carefully, now. Don’t damage her skin.
遵命
No, master.
告诉我 能不能买♥♥人♥质♥
Tell me now, can one purchase a hostage?
这宝贝美女到底在那里
Where is this precious gem?
在波提家里 你该见见她
At Plautius ‘ place.
像火一般的年轻立吉人
She is a fiery young Lygian.
立吉人
A Lygian?
是呀
I do recall a child
我记得配了个小女孩给他
assigned to him.
许多年前的事了 我都忘了
It was some years ago.
我该如何进行
How can I get her?
人♥质♥是国家赏的