And drew the sign of the fish before me.
我们畅谈伟大的工作
We spoke of the great work ahead.
这工作现在是既困难又危险
The work is dangerous now.
前次你在这里受审无罪开释后
Since you were tried, Even though you were acquitted,
大家对基♥督♥徒的疑忌更重了
Christians are under constant suspicion.
我注意到了你对两位客人的烦恼
I notice you seem worried in the presence of your guests.
换了我 我也要特别小心
I would have exercised caution
我得承认有时我有高呼的冲动
There are times I bid the desire to cry the message a loud,
也许是该用点心机
But tactics must be applied,
就算谈的是爱和信仰
Even in the spreading of love and faith.
要有耐心 你的时机会来到的
Your time will come.
就拿那两位有活力的年轻人来说
Those two vita I young men
都是罗马人
They are Rome.
如果我们能够教导他们
If we could teach them,
也就能教导全世界
We could teach the world.
马可士
Marcus Vinicius?
那得要有奇迹才行
You’re asking for miracles.
没错
I am.
我就要这样做
I am, indeed.
我看到的仍是
There is still nothing I see
全然完美
That is not perfection.
希望你想的是我
However, if you were thinking of me,
而不是工作
As you undoubtedly were,
我长得很像鱼吗
Do I look that much like a fish?
我画的和你没有关联
It wasn’t anything to do with you.
你该不会想做个寂寞的艺术家吧
You’re too lovely to be a lonely artist.
我说过请你晚点睡等我
But I did ask you to wait up for me.
我只是睡不着
I couldn’t sleep.
我也是
Nor can I.
听我说 莉吉 还不算夜深
The night’s still young.
这个地方初次约会也不适合
This p lace is unworthy of our first meeting.
让我们到城里波楚尼家去
Let’s go to Petronius ‘ house.
那儿有你梦想不到的音乐和舞蹈
There will be gaiety there.
我叔叔的房♥子是
My uncle’s house was built
爱神亲自造的
By the goddess of love herself.
不行 不 太晚了
No, it’s too late.
不可能的
I mean, it’s impossible.
也许我们可以更慎重地来计划
We could plan it more discreetly.
你来看凯♥旋♥游♥行♥
You’ll come see my triumph tomorrow, won’t you?
明晚皇宫里有盛宴招待众人
There’ll be a feast at the pa lace.
不 我不想看你的凯♥旋♥游♥行♥
No, I don’t wish to watch your triumph.
我该进去了 将军 晚安
Good night, commander.
告诉我 怎么回事 什么
Tell me what is it? What?
你到底不喜欢我那一点
What is it you see that you don’t like?
坦白说
I’d be lying if I said
你是颇有吸引力的
I wasn’t attracted by what I see.
那么 但我不喜欢我听到的
It’s what I hear I don’t like.
男人的名气多少会树立敌人的
A man’s fame brings him fresh enemies.
你听谁说起过我的故事
Who’s been telling you stories about me?
就是你 你自己说的
You have, from your own lips
有关征服和流血的丑陋故事
Ugly stories of conquest.
要一统天下
conquest is the only method
总要流点血
of uniting and civilizing the world.
来完成
Have to spill blood to do it.
有更温和而有威力的方式可行
There’s a gentler way of doing that,
不需要流血和战争
Without bloodshed and war,
也不需要胜利的马车上拖着的
Without s laves and captives
奴隶和俘虏
Bound to your triumphal chariots.
总要有奴隶来做工吧
There’ll always have to be slaves.
保罗就提到过个没有奴隶的世界
Paul speaks of a world without slaves.
那个有张乞丐脸的哲学家不该
That beggar-faced philosopher Shouldn’t stuff your
在你的小脑袋里塞这些谬论
luscious head with such nonsense.
我也没指望你会懂
You can’t understand.
真希望你如我最初以为的
I wish you
是个奴隶
were a slave.
我会愿意用国王的赎全为你赎身
I’d have offered a price for you.
带我去你西西里的领地
And taken me to Sicily?
用艘很特别的船来载
on a special ship.
这就是征服者
What a way
赢得女人的方式
to win a woman
像买♥♥一只无法抵抗的野兽
To buy her like an unresisting beast!
你内心深处自以为平安
What false security you must have
堂堂男子汉
In your manhood.
却暗自轻贱自己
What hidden scorn you must have for yourself!
忘了罗马人好客之道
You’re forgetting you’re hostage of Rome.
你这人♥质♥ 别走
Here, you hostage! come back here!
将军 不可以 滚开
No, commander.
将军 她在我保护下
Move! I guard her, commander.
谁说的 你又是谁
Who are you?
我是莫色斯 我会护卫她父亲
I am Ursus. I guarded the king, her father.
现在我保护她
I guard her now.
那你就好好保护吧
Guard her well,
灰头发家伙
my gray-haired colossus.
好好保护她
Guard her we ll.
似乎是次短命的罗曼史
Romance was short-lived.
总会有法子可想的
There’s always a weapon to bring down a flighty dove, my friend.
主啊 求求你
And please, dear lord,
原谅我的愤怒和我的怨恨
Forgive me my anger and my spite.
我不知道中了什么邪
I do not know what came over me.
也许是因为诱惑
It was temptation, perhaps,
盼望这男人
A selfish desire that this man
能受你感召的私心
Might see your light,
为我自己胜过为了他
For my sake rather than his.
我祈求有一天他能够因你的爱
Yet I pray that one day
而感受到欢愉
He shall feel the joy of your love.
我全心全意地祈求
I pray with all my heart.
队长 为什么延误
captain! What’s the de lay?
皇帝还没在阳台上露面
The emperor hasn’t appeared on the balcony.
时候到了 你会听到号♥角声的
You’ll hear the trumpets.
罗马诸神
God of Rome
伟大的
Mighty!
永恒的
Eternal!
在你庇佑下 罗马统治世界
Beneath whose auspices Rome rules the world!
请聆听
Hear us.
我们的崇拜
We worship you!
我们的崇拜
We worship you.
爱神 维纳斯
Venus, goddess of love.
我们崇拜你
We worship her!
战神 马尔斯
Mars, god of war.
我们崇拜你
We worship him!
天神 朱诺斯
Juno, goddess of heaven.
我们崇拜你
We worship her!
诸神之父 朱比特
Jupiter, father of the gods.
我们崇拜你
We worship him!
还有尼禄 神圣的太阳
And Nero, his divine son!
大家都等不及了
They are impatient,
圣上 人♥民♥急于想见你
divinity.
等不及
They’re impatient?
我的耐心又如何
What about my patience?
取悦大家的凯♥旋♥游♥行♥
A triumph to divert them.
有谁来让我高兴
Who diverts me?
我为大家辛劳受苦
I agonize for them!
都没有自己的生活
I have no privacy.
你可是众人在上天的太阳
You are their sun.
太阳难道就有自己的生活
Does the sun have privacy?
太阳总还有夜晚
The sun has the night.
他们要我日以继夜地照耀
They expect me to shine daily, hourly,
为了谁 为了人♥民♥
For that
为了这群贱民
foul-smelling rubble!
好热 炎热令我心烦
It’s so hot today. This heat of Rome oppresses me.
他们要求太多了