It’s a joy to be such
真是高兴
an inspiration.
我的忠诚始终不变
My loyalty and my life always.
我的手下离开了许久
My men have fought
他们为皇上奋战捐躯
for their emperor.
为了胜利返乡大家很兴奋
They’ve accepted weeks of forced marches.
他们急于见家人 妻子
They’re anxious to see their families, their women.
如你所说 如此地忠心
Just as you said, Petronius such loyalty.
皇上 耽误士兵回家
The delay in reaching home
有害士气
It’s a question of morale.
难道你没说明
Didn’t you explain?
也许朱里纳只顾传旨
Maybe good Tigellinus left the reason
而忘了解释
out of his orders.
我只是奉旨行事
Reasons are not given in imperia I orders.
朱里纳 你太疏忽太失礼了
Tigellinus, how boorish!
我们决定你们留驻城外
We desire that you wait
直到和从亚非回来的军团会合
To join legions coming from Africa and Asia,
只要等上几个小时
Which should be soon.
明天将有个盛大的凯♥旋♥游♥行♥进城
Tomorrow you’ll enter in triumph
这年头人们都盼着
The people need diversion
有热闹可看
or shall we say that this, too,
也算是民心士气问题吧
Is a question of morale?
我们要求一定要壮观 够气派
They demand a spectacle.
将军 你就忍♥耐一下吧
Bear with me in this, dear commander.
皇上 我明白了
I understand now.
皇上 允许我同侄子告退
Divinity, may I retire with my nephew?
我们有很多要谈的
We have much to discuss.
那当然 明天游♥行♥后的
Naturally. I shall expect you at the feast
宴会上见
After the triumph, Vinicius.
荣幸之至 皇上
An added honor.
好 我们再来过
Now, again.
没有缺手断脚什么的 没有
No arms missing? No legs?
我再健康不过了
I picked up a healthy slash.
叔叔 你气色也好
You seem to be
健壮无比
faring well.
再出发前
oh, indestructible.
你我得好好叙叙
You’ll spend time with me?
我打算在罗马休息一整个月
I intend a full month’s relaxation in Rome.
记得不错的话
And as my remember,
你家会是好地方
your house will be the best place for it.
最近我做了几笔不错的买♥♥卖♥♥
I purchased several delectable slaves.
有个西班牙来的女奴
There’s one from Spain skin like cream,
肤如凝脂 秀发漆黑
Hair that shines like a young raven’s.
给你吧
She’s yours.
这一来我得呆上两个月了
I might stay two months.
今晚我安排你去住
Tonight you’ll stay
波提的别♥墅♥
at Plautius’
离扎营的地方很近
country place.
波提 是那位退休的将军
Aulus Plautius, the retired general?
他老是看起来愁眉苦脸的
That’s a gloomy out look.
他老婆也不讨人喜欢
And his wife’s not young.
不过人都不错
Still, it’s better than a tent.
老天 我竟然从中午听到现在
I’ve been listening to that since noon!
还蛮不容易听得到呢
He seems in rare voice.
有关他的传言是不是真的
Is it true that he murdered
谋杀了他的老婆和女儿
His wife and mother?
天啊 你的说法不对
You must learn the language, of privileged government.
该说是那两个女人是为了帝国好
They were removed
而被除去的
for the good of the empire.
新的老婆似乎颇有趣
The new wife, Poppaea, sounds interesting.
帝王的妓♥女♥
A harlot for an empress.
将军 你倒真能观察入微
What an observation,
女人一旦和神配了对
a woman has no past
就谈不上什么地位了
When she mates with a god.
好歹他总是皇上
Well, he’s our emperor.
想推举加柏将军来取代尼禄
Want to replace Nero with general Galba.
政♥治♥我不懂
I know nothing of politics.
只要军饷付得出来
While there’s money to pay the army,
我相信罗马♥会♥永远屹立
Rome will stand forever.
欢迎你们来
I bid you welcome, Marcus Vinicius.
将军 我向你致敬
I salute the general.
我们到过你在英国和高卢建的路
We travelled the splendid roads you built.
我妻子 旁波尼夫人
My wife, the Lady Pomponia.
很荣幸有你来做我的贵宾
We’re honoured to have you.
这是菲比斯 我的护民官
My tribune, fabius nerva.
两位一定需要先沐浴更衣
These men must wish to wash.
都准备好了 你带他们去吧
The baths are ready.
两位这边请 九点钟晚餐
This way, commander. Dinner is at the ninth hour.
今晚还有其他客人吗
You’re expecting other guests?
希望没有打扰到你预定的活动
We’re not intruding on any festivities, I hope.
那儿话 这里生活很平静
No. We live a quiet life.
那儿话 这里生活很平静
“no. We live a quiet life.”
这会儿我们都成了
We’re making ourselves sweet-smelling flowers
田野中的香花
only to bloom in a hayfield.
马可士 我大儿子都
The oldest boy is almost
和老婆差不多高了
as tall as Drusilla.
离开时我还能把他背在肩上
When I left, I carried him on my shoulder.
波楚尼提到个来自西班牙的女奴
That little slave from Spain
我会让她坐我的肩上
She can sit on mine.
说到会长大的东西 瞧瞧这个
Speaking of things that grow, Look at this one!
我来加水
For your bath.
老兄 挺胸站好
Stand up, fellow.
多么有潜力的身躯
What a prospect!
告诉我现在竞技场情形如何
What’s going on in the arena?
克荣顿仍是冠军吗
Is croton still champion?
我不知道
I don’t know.
波提将军没想过
You mean general Platius never thought
训练你做斗士
of training you as a gladiator?
我不打斗
I do not fight.
你一只手
With one arm strapped,
可对付十五个
You could kill 50 Nubians an hour.
我可以使你成为冠军
I could make you champion.
杀人是种罪恶
It is a sin to kill.
可惜
HaIf witted. He grew so fast,
真是糟蹋人才
His brain hit the top of the stable.
看啊 她站在那里
“behold, she stands
长袍及地
with her gown hung loose.
金色秀发
“framed is her face in golden tresses
和美丽面容映着香肩
” reflecting her milk-white shoulders.
有如维纳斯站在战神之前
“thus Venus stood before mars,
迎接她的爱人
Welcoming her lover.”
我见到的真是完美
Nothing do I see that is not perfection.
我会乐于接受这样的款待
You’re in service to this household?
是的 你的名字是
Very much so. Your name?
莉吉 莉吉 你令我很意外
Lygia. Lygia, you’re a windfall.
我愿意奉献爱神一打白鸽
I shall sacrifice white doves to Venus
来纪念我们相遇
To commemorate our meeting.
将军 你的奉献不会有用的
Your sacrifice will be in vain, commander.
老将军一定有奴隶市场的门路
The o Id genera I must know A good s lave market.
不但美丽 还有骨气
Not only beauty, but spirit as well.
这个家里没有奴隶
There are no slaves in this household.
你说的老将军
“the old general ”
我正好是他女儿
I have the honor and the joy To be his daughter.
请原谅
I crave your pardon.
三年战场生涯
Three years in the field
使我失态
Have dulled my perceptions.
我真是抱歉 能原谅我吗
Forgive me.
你没做什么须要原谅的事
You’ve done nothing to ask forgiveness for.
长久以来我见到的女人
For a long time, The only women I’ve known
都是些令人沮丧的野蛮人
Have been poor barbarians.
野蛮人 听说英国和高卢