I am one with the gods immortal
我是用火创作的艺术家
I am Nero, the artist who creates with fire
使我毕生梦想得以实现
That the dreams of my life may come true
我将过去交付火焰
To the flames now, I give the past
我将灵魂也交付给火焰
To the flames and soil
为了罗马
Take thou this Rome
请聆听我演奏
oh, receive her now, you flames
有如熔炉般的炙热
consume her as would a furnace
烧吧 古老的罗马
Burn on, o ancient Rome
烧吧
Burn on
烧吧
Burn on!
从贫民区来的暴民
The mob from burned areas.
他们想活命
They want to survive.
谁要他们活下去的
Who asked them to survive?
朱里纳
Tigellinus!
皇宫守卫很严
The palace is fully guarded.
他们决对进不来
They will never pass my praetorian
今晚很凉
The night is chilly.
进去吧
Let us withdraw.
人类可能发出
Is it possible that human beings
这种声音吗
can produce such a sound?
是 当他们被过份压♥迫♥的时候
Yes, when they’ve been driven too far.
死亡的燃♥烧♥弹♥
Death to the incendiary!
他们快突破了
They’ll break through!
把后面守卫全调过来
Summon all the detachments.
死亡的燃♥烧♥弹♥
Death to the incendiary!
他们在叫些什么
What are they shouting?
皇上 他们给了你新头衔
They have given you a new title, divinity.
超级疯子
Incendiary.
我已经派人
I’ve sent
求援了 希望赶得及
for reinforcements.
我去和暴民谈 做些承诺
Speak to the mob. Make them some promises.
谁希罕 要去就去
I don’t ask. I confirm. Speak to them.
用我名义
Speak to them in my name.
要是援军一到
Not until other detachments arrive.
我就用刀剑去谈
They ‘d stone me to death now.
你死了倒还有用些
In what better cause could you die?
这是你这建筑师的梦
This was your architect’s dream.
去告诉他们一切都是为他们好
Go tell them, Phaon. This is all for them.
我们不能承认这点啊
How can we admit that?
也对 我们绝不能承认
How could I expect that mob
怎能期望暴民能分享我的远见
To share my vision?
暴民们是野兽
The mob is a wild animal.
不能和他讲理
With an anima I you cannot reason.
我身边全是些草包
I’m surrounded by eunuchs!
你站在这里看些什么
Why do you stand
你是我顾问
aloof?
给点意见啊
counsel me!
让他们进来 我们都该死
Let them enter. We shall all die, all except you.
也许你例外 你是不朽的神
You, being a god, are immortal.
别幽默了 他们也会毁了你
They’ll destroy you, also.
我不像你那么热衷于自保
I do not share your passion
我爱罗马
For se If-preservation. I love Rome.
我不打算活过这一劫
I am not eager to survive it.
波楚尼 你和他们不同
Petronius,
他们把你当做朋友
they think you’re their friend.
去和他们谈 给些承诺
Speak to them! Make promises!
五谷 油料 酒
Grain! oil! Wine!
他们不须你许可就可以逮尼禄王
They will take them, Nero,
不可理喻的暴民
Without your permission. Insatiable and thank less mob!
他们想怎样 正义
What do they want? Justice.
他们要正义作什么
No mob ever wants justice.
他们要报复
They want vengeance,
一个牺牲者
A victim.
朱里纳 是你烧了罗马
Tigellinus, it was you who burnt Rome.
是你下的命令 尼禄王
At your command, Nero.
朱里纳 你爱我吗
Tigellinus, do you love me?
主上
You know it,
你知道的
lord.
那就去证明 去暴民面前
Then prove it. Go to the mob.
袒胸向他们请罪
Bare your guilt.
很乐意
I would do so gladly,
但我是禁卫军首领
But I am head of the praetorian guard.
禁卫军爱戴我
If I die,
如果我死了 他们可能会叛变
they may turn against you.
我不能冒这种险
I cannot subject you to that danger.
你这是在威胁我
Are you threatening me?
你用禁卫军要胁我
Do you hear him threaten me with the praetorian guard?
我就知道你们全要背弃我
You’re all willing to desert me!
滚开
I know it! I feel it!
你很对
Nero, my be loved, you were right.
该给人们他们要的
Give the people what they want.
给他们血和报复
Give them blood and vengeance,
不是一个 而是上千个牺牲品
Not one victim, but a thousand.
牺牲品 什么牺牲品
What victims?
一群崇拜个号♥称
They worship one they say is
比你更伟大的神的人们
higher than you.
他们是人类的也是你的敌人
They’ re the enemies of the human race and of you.
这些人是谁
Who are they?
他们蔑视我们的庙宇和诸神
They despise our temp les
并预言
And prophesy that the end of the world
世界将毁于大火
Shall be caused by fire.
就让他们的预言成真吧
Well,
让他们同归于尽
let it end for them.
到底他们是谁
Who are they?
他们自称基♥督♥徒
They call themselves Christians.
基♥督♥徒
Christians.
是呀 我听说过他们
Yes, I’ve heard of them.
皇后很对 人们恨基♥督♥徒
The empress speaks rightly.
他们是罗马城的敌人
Christians are the enemies of Rome and of the state.
人们要报复
Let the people
尼禄 给他们吧
have vengeance.
人们会怀疑你
The people suspect you.
就把这怀疑移转到
Let their suspicion turn In this
较有利的方向去
more beneficial direction.
他们要付出代价 一定要
They must pay.
听到了吗
Do you hear?
基♥督♥徒阴谋要毁了我
The Christians are plotting to destroy me.
你常提到所谓历史的判断
You often remind us of the judgment of history.
如果你惩罚无辜而违背了
What will its verdict be If you punish the innocent
你的伟大
And betray
历史会如何评断
your greatness?
让后世的人回顾这段历史时
Let future generations look back on this history
会很讶异地赞叹 让历史说
would be very surprised to praise. Let history say
世界的统治者 尼禄
Nero, the rulers of the world
神圣的尼禄 焚烧了罗马
“Nero, a god, burned Rome
因为他如同朱比特一样有权威
“because he was as powerful as pitter.
他是这么热爱诗歌♥
“he loved poetry so much,
牺牲了罗马以换取一首歌♥曲
He sacrificed Rome for a song.”
历史不必说烧掉罗马是件好事
History need not say The burning of Rome was good,
但一定会说这件事非比寻常
But it must say that it was colossal, uncommon.
我不能忍♥受你暗示
I cannot listen to any suggestion
皇上是懦夫
That my emperor is a coward.
这倒有趣
You were too cowardly
你刚还怯懦得不敢去为皇上冒险
to risk your life for him.
没错 你不肯为我去死
Petronius is right.
他想救你的敌人 我要杀他们
He wants to preserve your enemies.
你为什么护着这些人
Why do you defend them?
我知道为什么
Because his nephew
他侄子爱上了女基♥督♥徒莉吉
Vinicius loves a Christian girl.
搞不好波楚尼自己也是个基♥督♥徒