The tribulations of the true artist.
当我弹唱时 我见到了
When I play and sing,
我梦想不到的景像
I have visions of things I never dreamed existed.
全世界是我的
The world is mine
也该由我来了断
and mine to end.
乐声响起
Music
为我开启了新的世界
opens up new worlds
掀开新喜悦的面纱
for me.
我可以看到奥林帕斯山
I can see Olympus,
还有地球彼端吹来的微风
And a breeze blows on me from beyond the earth.
在那一刻
And in those moments,
我 一位神祇
I, a god,
却自觉卑贱如尘土
Fee I as diminutive as dust.
这是个需要真诚的日子
This is a day for sincerity.
让我向各位开放我的灵魂
Let me open my soul to you.
你们以为我不知道 在罗马
Do you think I do not know That there are people in Rome
人们叫我弑母狂
Who call me a matricide,
杀妻的人
a wife killer?
称我是怪兽 暴君
call me a monster, a tyrant,
但他们不知道的是
There is something they do not realize.
行为残酷的人本身
A man’s acts may be cruel
也许并不残酷
While he himself is not cruel.
有时候 亲爱的波楚尼
And there are moments, my dear Petronius, when…
当音乐抚慰着我灵魂
When music caresses my soul,
我觉得自己
I feel as gent le
如同摇篮里的小孩 温柔无比
as a child in a cradle.
信不信
Believe me?
大家都很了解 皇上
All men should know you as we do, divinity.
只有这样他们才能欣赏你
only then would they appreciate you.
至于那些说我疯了的人
Some say I am mad.
其实我只是在追寻
I’m only seeking.
平庸的生活令我沮丧
The flatness and misery of common life depress me.
我追寻 因为我要
I must exceed the stature of man
超乎善恶之上
In both good and evil.
我追寻 因为我是最伟大的人
Greater than man.
只有如此我才能成为
only then will I be
至高无上的艺术家
the supreme artist.
可知道为什么我把
Do you know why I condemned
母亲和妻子都处死
Both my wife and my mother to death?
是为了打开
I did it in order to
通向未知世界的门户
Lay at the gates of an unknown world
一个人能做的最大牺牲
The greatest sacrifice a man can put there.
现在我觉得 探索未知的门户
“now, ” I thought, “doors will open
即将开启
Beyond which I shall catch a glimpse of the unknown.”
让它是美好的
Let it be wonderful!
或是让它是可怖的
or let it be awful,
只要它不寻常
So long as it is uncommon!
现在
So now…
波楚尼 你瞧
Behold, dear Petronius!
我的新罗马
My new Rome.
它发出光芒地升起 美丽无比
It shall rise in gleaming white beauty,
世界皇冠上最大的宝石
Master gem of the world’s crown.
取个新名字吧
It shall have a new name,
尼禄波里 尼禄王的城市
Neropolis, city of Nero.
真妙 万岁
Hail divinity!
这世界前所未见的
Something the world has never seen, but what of the Rome
但 罗马已屹立了上千年
That has stood for 1,000 years?
皇上 老罗马 我们的罗马
The o Id Rome, our Rome,
虽然又脏又乱 但终究是
Dirty and magnificent,
我们所心爱的罗马啊
But still our be loved Rome
而它仍屹立着
It still stands.
是吗
Does it?
它仍屹立着
It still stands?
我们从没这么想过
We never thought of that,
对不对
did we?
朱里纳 是这样的吗
or does it, Tigellinus?
罗马开始烧了 从头到尾
Rome is a sea of flames!
听到了吗 这就是我的史诗
You hear that? That is my epic!
改变世界的面貌 先毁灭
To demolish
再创造 创造一个新的
and create anew!
大家去备车
Now, to your chariots!
跟我去坟山
You shall come with me to the funeral pyre.
那是个看罗马焚烧的好地点
You shall hear my dirge over burning Rome!
它的火焰将使我比诸神更伟大
Its flames shall carry me higher than the gods!
全罗马都在烧
All of Rome is burning?
当然是全部
All but the palatine area, naturally.
河边的部份呢
What of the section
像炼狱一般
across the river?
成千的屋顶崩塌
A creeping inferno.
马可士
Marcus!
阻止马可士
Stop Vinicius!
挡住他
You! You ha It!
这下子尼禄王可真历史留名了
Now, indeed,
看 那里有个尼禄王的士兵
Nero has his place in history. There’s one of Nero’s soldiers
他烧了罗马
He burned Rome!
这屋子里的人
The people
有个女人和小孩
in this house here,
看到他们没有
Have you seen them?
他们离开了 别杀我
They left. Don’t kill me!
妈妈
Mama! Mama!
妈妈
Mama!
妈妈
Mama! Mama!
这里
Here! Go on!
照顾她
Take care of her!
下水道 通往河流的下水道
The sewers lead to the river!
进入下水道
Into the sewers!
莉吉 马可士
Lygia! Marcus!
莉吉
Lygia!
噢 马可士
oh, Marcus!
我祈祷着能见到你
I prayed to see you!
马可士 蜜莉安死在火中
Marcus, Miriam is dead, in the fire.

She…
我母亲 一堵墙塌了下来
A wall fell on my mother.
我们会救你出险 孩子
We’ll get you out of this.
军队守在桥上
The praetorians are holding the bridge!
让开
open up!
谁负责指挥 是我
Who is in command here? I am.
把路障弄走
open this barricade! Imperia I orders.
皇帝命令 不准他们通过
We’ re to keep them From entering the palatine area.
撤掉防线 你们守好防线
Break ranks! Let them through! Hold your line there!
将军 这里归我管
I’m in charge, commander!
我说 撤掉防线
Break ranks, I say!
波楚尼
Petronius!
瞧我的杰作
Look what I’ve created!
拿过来 我哀悼的长袍
Tigellinus, my robe of grief.
七弦琴
Terpnos!
七弦琴
Lyre.
这是我歌♥曲真正的评鉴
History will judge my song.
我将会是空前地伟大
I’m seized with the fear it won’t be great enough.
你和这景像
You will be worthy of the spectacle,
真是相互辉映
As it is worthy of you.
是你鼓励了我 波楚尼
You encourage me,
我知道我要和那些歌♥颂
but I must compete.
特洛伊焚城的诗人相比
With those who sang at the burning of Troy.
我的歌♥必须比罗马或特洛伊伟大
My song must be greater, as Rome is greater than Troy!
平息这狂怒
Silence, ye spheres
群星默默闪烁
Be still, ye hurt ling stars
天空在我面前开展
open wide vaulted skies above me
我终于见到了奥林帕斯
Now at last, I, I see Olympus
我达到了顶峰
And a light from its summit dote illumine me
我和不朽的诸神平起平坐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!