Hey! Welcome back.
阿卜杜勒 拿粥来
Abdul, bring.
菲欧娜
Phiona.
菲欧娜 快坐 快坐
Brian, have a seat, have a seat.
菲欧娜 菲欧娜
Phiona, Phiona.
菲欧娜
Phiona.
你好 弗洛伦斯 -要喝粥吗
Hello, Florence. -Want some porridge?
喝点粥吧
Have some porridge.
你好吗 -真高兴见到你
How are you? -Nice to see you.
我也很高兴 教练 -欢迎回来
Nice to see you too, Coach. -Welcome back.
快喝点粥 喝完就来下棋 好吗
Have some porridge, come. Come and play, okay?
现在人来齐了 孩子们
We’re all together now, Pioneers.
开始比赛
Commence play.
将军
Checkmate.
伊万 你数学真不错
Ivan, you’re really good at math.
菲欧娜 能把这句话读给我听吗
Phiona, can you read that for me?
“鳄鱼” -嗯哼
“A crocodile… -Mmm-hmm.
“有很多牙齿”
“…has many teeth.”
我在半决赛的时候就是这么下的
But I did that in the middle game.
骑士到G5
Knight to G-5.
兵到H4
Pawn to H-4.
兵到C3
Pawn to C-3.
菲欧娜 你要想尽办法
Phiona, try as much as possible
不要让自己消极比赛
to avoid passive play.
你如果让他吃掉你的城♥堡♥
You allowed him to attack your castle.
那你的右边棋盘就会相对薄弱
Your right squares were weak,
他如果抓住机会 就很可能逮住你的国王
and he capitalized on that to capture your king.
将军
Checkmate.
在明天的比赛里 我希望你主动进攻
In tomorrow’s game, make sure you deny him a tempo…
让他只有防守的份
so he has to keep defending.
西洋棋 让我思维敏捷
Chess, it makes my brain sharp.
将军 -太好了
Checkmate. -Yes.
太棒了
Yes!
我杰出的小猫咪们
My great cats!
你赢了奖牌
You won a prize?
什么奖
For what?
我赢了一个男生
I won a boy.
“男子组冠军”菲欧娜.马特斯
Best in boys, Phiona Mutesi.
你赢了男生
You won a boy?
这只是奖项的名字
In fact, they named me best boy.
你知道我接下来要进攻你的B5位置 对吧
Now, you know my plan is to attack your B-5, yes?
所以你必须把兵向前走一步 来进行防守 明白吗
So you must bring your pawn forward to defend. You see?
菲欧娜 你为什么这么走
Phiona, why are you developing over here?
你的问题出在B5上
Your problem is on B-5.
你看 我如果把兵走到B5
Look! I put my pawn on B-5,
你就会吃掉我的兵 我的骑士就能攻击你的皇后
you take my pawn, my knight attacks your queen,
接下来你也会吃掉我的皇后 我的骑士就能进攻你的国王了
we exchange queens, my knight attacks your king…
我吃掉你的城♥堡♥
I take your rook.
恕我直言 教练 我不会这么下的
With respect, Coach, I would not move that way.
你肯定会这么下
You must.
因为我棋子的位置对你构成了威胁
You are compelled by my position.
如果你进攻我的骑士
If you come for my knight…
我就会进攻你的国王并吃掉你的城♥堡♥
I attack your king and take your rook.
明白吗
You see?
你可以提前想到8步的局势
You can see eight moves ahead?
你可以赢得洛比县恩的比赛
You could win at Rwabushenyi.
你可以成为乌干达最顶尖的棋手
You could be the best in all Uganda.
你知道这对卡推意味着什么吗
Do you know what that would mean for Katwe?
很有可能未来我们可以参加国际比赛
Perhaps one day an international champion.
教练 你为什么要奉承我
Coach! Why are you shining me?
这可不是奉承话
Me, I’m not shining you.
只有冠军才能看到这么多种可能性
Only champions can see that many variations.
到底是什么阻止你成为一名西洋棋大♥师♥
What is preventing you from being a Grandmaster?
我从来没有过这种想法
I do not know about being a Grandmaster.
有时 你自己习惯的状态 并不是你最适合你的状态
Sometimes, the place you are used to is not the place you belong.
心有多大 舞台就有多大
You belong where you believe you belong.
那你的舞台在哪里 菲欧娜
Where is that for you, Phiona?

Huh?
帮助这些孩子去上学 的确是很高尚的做法
Assisting these children to attend school is a noble goal,
但是这超出了我们部门的职责范围
but it’s outside the mandate of our ministry.
那更应该做出改变啊
That mandate should be changed.
卡滕德 你现在说话的样子
Katende, you do not speak any more
根本就不像一个只做兼♥职♥的人
like a man who has only a part-time job.
你现在满脑子都是这些孩子
These children have captured you.
加力夫人
Mrs. Gali.
罗伯特 好消息
Robert, good news!
你的孩子们被受邀参加
Your children are invited
在苏丹举♥行♥的西洋棋国际大赛
to the international chess tournament in Sudan.
苏丹 苏丹怎么了
Sudan? What is in the Sudan?
在苏丹会举♥行♥全非洲儿童
Sudan is where the African children’s
都会参加的西洋棋比赛
chess tournament is held.
来自非洲各国的孩子都会去那儿
Children from all over Africa will be there.
这个比赛是受联♥合♥国♥资助举♥行♥的
It is sponsored by the United Nations.
那个地方远吗
Is it not far?
离这里1000英里
A thousand miles away.
你的那辆巴士绝不可能走这么远的
That bus of yours would not get you there.
我要去苏丹了
I’m going to Sudan.
这次交通工具可不是巴士
There will be no bus this time.
菲欧娜会和伊万 班杰明一起
Phiona will travel by airplane
代表乌干达 坐飞机去那里参加比赛
with Ivan and Benjamin, to represent Uganda.
想想看
Think of that, eh?
卡推的孩子 我们的孩子
Katwe children, our children,
代表整个国家
representing the whole country.
那两个孩子可不是“我们的”孩子
These two children are not “our” children.
他们是我的孩子
They are my children.
当然 我不是这个意思 -怀他们的人是我
Of course. I just meant… -Me, I carried them in my body.
菲欧娜要去坐飞机了
Phiona is going in an airplane!

Ah…
理查 菲欧娜要去苏丹了
Richard, Phiona is going to Sudan.
等他们回来的时候
When they return…
我帮菲欧娜和布莱恩安排了
I have arranged for Phiona and Brian
去我妻子任教的那所学校上课
to attend the school where my wife teaches.
什么
Huh?
有奖学金的
On a scholarship.

Eh?
我妻子最近一直在教他们识字
My wife has been teaching them to read.
我知道 我也很感激 但是
Yes! Yes, I know, and I am grateful, but…
但是什么
But what?
这不是你期望的结果吗 让你的孩子去上学
Isn’t this what you wanted? Education for your children?
但是我哪来的钱去给他们买♥♥校服
Yes, but how can I pay for uniforms?
我要怎么存
How will I save?
学校早上几点上课
What time does school begin in the morning?
你的孩子能做的绝不仅限于卖♥♥蔬菜
Your children can do more than sell vegetables.
他们有机会能打破现在的生活环境
They have a chance to go beyond this kind of life,
去好好上学
to go to school.
或许有一天还能上大学
Maybe one day attend university.
我相信你一定知道 这对他们来讲有多重要吧
Surely, you can understand how important that is, eh?

Hmm.
我没上过学 卡滕德先生
I am not an educated woman, Mr. Katende.
我什么都不知道
I understand nothing.
你想去苏丹吗
You want to go to this Sudan?
想 妈妈
Yes, Mama.
一定要紧紧跟着你的教练
You stay always near your coach.
人生地不熟的
You do not know what people there are like.
妈妈 再见
Mama, bye.
上帝啊 -再见 菲欧娜
Yes, Lord… -Bye, Mama Phiona.
愿你保佑我的女儿 一路平安
…I speak a blessing on my daughter.
住在天国的上帝啊 愿您的名被尊为圣
Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
愿您的旨意得以遵循
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
愿您给予我们每日的粮食
Give us this day our daily bread,
宽恕我们的