照计划行事
Follow your plans.
你总能找到下一部应该怎么走
And you will all find safe squares.
选我 老师 选我 老师 选我 老师
Me, teacher! Me, teacher! Me, teacher!
大约在两百万年前
Nearly two million years ago…
非洲东部的人是第一批学会用火的人
East Africans were the first to master the use of fire.
那我们是最先吃到烤面包的人吗
So, were we the first to eat kikomando?
嘿 -嘿
Hey. -Hey.
我们美丽的卡滕德夫人
The beautiful Mrs. Katende.
你好
Hello.
几天前 有一个叫菲欧娜的女孩 来到我的西洋棋教室
Some days ago, this girl, Phiona, came for the first time.
她身上很不干净
She was not clean.
伊万和其他几个男孩子狠狠嘲弄了她
Ivan and the boys teased her very badly.
伊万自己也不怎么干净啊
Ivan is not Mr. Clean himself.
然后呢 她跑回家了吗
So? Did she run home?
没有 她留下来了
No. She stayed.
第二天洗得干干净净地回来了
She came back all cleaned up.
她有股倔劲
She is stubborn.
听上去跟某人很像啊
Sounds like someone I know.
嗨
Hi.
噢
Oh!
需要给她买♥♥几件新衣服
She needs new clothes.
我可以跟我姐姐借点钱
I can get some from my sister.
体育部的薪水根本就不够用 是吗
This ministry salary is not enough for us, eh?
现在还挺好的
It is okay for now.
我去上大学的原因 不是让我妻子
I did not come first in my university
来帮我付房♥租的
for my wife to pay the rent.
这样很不好
It is not okay.
我不能让她像我小时候一样 对未来一片迷茫
She must have more certainty than I did as a child.
罗伯特 她没有生活在丛林之中
She doesn’t live in the bush, Robert.
战争也结束了 这已经很好了
There is no war now.
不停地挖 挖 挖
Dig, dig, dig.
为种植而努力 为食物而奋斗
Digging to plant. Digging to eat.
最后自掘坟墓
Digging graves.
我不能让她再受这种苦了
She must never have to dig as I did.
[招聘资深工程师
将军
Checkmate.
你是怎么做到的
How’d you do that?
你是赢不了我的 姐姐
You will never beat me, sister.
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
早安 欢迎来到东非污水处理公♥司♥
East African Sewerage Company. Good morning.
你的家人是谁
Who is your family?
我认识他们吗
Would I know them?
我小时候 他们就都去世了
I lost them at a young age, sir.
我很抱歉
Ah, sorry.
不过 你在之前的资讯技术课上
Nevertheless, you had the highest grades
是你们班上的第一名
in your IT class.
老实说 你完全符合我们公♥司♥的要求
You are highly qualified. And honest, it seems.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
但我必须警告你 在污水处理公♥司♥
I must warn you, a man with integrity
一个正直诚实的人
in a water company…
就跟白色的犀牛一样稀有
is as rare as a white rhino.
我需要像你这样的人才
I need someone like you.
给我点时间 让我看看有什么职位空缺
Give me some time to find an opening.
但我保证一定会录取你的
But we are going to get you in here.
相信我
谢谢你 先生
约瑟夫 你在放水吗
Joseph, why are you letting her win?
我没有放水
I’m not letting her!
她吃了你的主教
She won your bishop.
我一定是在做梦
What I’m seeing cannot be true.
啊
Ah!
什么
Huh?
将军
Checkmate!
她赢了 她赢了
She won! She won!
菲欧娜赢了
Phiona has won!
约瑟夫 你是没认真下吗
Hey, Joseph, you are not serious?
居然被一个女孩赢了
A girl has given you checkmate.
是啊 怎么回事
Yeah. What?
抱歉 只是新手运气罢了
Sorry. I’m just a lucky beginner.
我再也不会跟你下棋了
I will never, ever play you again.
菲欧娜
Phiona.
你最后那几步是从哪儿学的
Where did you learn those end moves?
你有偷看我的书吗
Did you look at one of my books here?
我不识字
Me, I don’t know how to read books.
嗯
Hmm.
所以你是自己分♥析♥出来 最后几步该这么走的
So, you just reasoned out that end position on your own?
教练
Coach.
我们什么时候能和其他孩子打比赛
When shall we play other children?
伊万就在那儿 去和他下啊
Ivan is here. Play him.
我们想和其他男孩下 就是你说的那些人
We want to play other boys. The ones you talked of.
城里的孩子
City boys.
城里的孩子 是吗
City boys, eh?
先生
Sir.
我已经把他请出去一次了
I already sent him away once.
但他又回来了
But he came back.
好吧 让他进来
Okay, send him in.
卡滕德 贫民窟的孩子
Katende. Slum children?
不 不 不 不
No, no, no, no.
这不行
We can’t have that.
为什么不行 先生
Why not, sir?
不 不 不
No, no. No.
听着 我们是在国王大学举办的
See, we hold the Father Grimes Tournament…
格兰姆斯杯
at King’s College.
那可是布多
At Budo.
一个非常干净和正式的场合
It’s a very clean and formal place.
但他们的技术进步得非常之快
But their skill levels are improving very fast.
我敢保证
And I’m sure that…
这不是技术的问题
Not their skill.
不是的
No, no.
到时候还有晚宴的
We have a dinner.
那是一个锦标赛 对吗
It is a tournament. Correct?
啊
Ah…
在布多的学校里 我顶多算一个客人
I’m a visitor at the Budo campus.
我不能把疾病带入校园
I cannot bring a disease into this school.
我的孩子们没有病
My children do not have diseases.
那可不一定 那可不一定
That we know of. That we know of.
不行就是不行 我很抱歉
No, no, no. No, no. I’m sorry. No!
你已经说了很多“不”了 主席先生
You have many “noes”, Mr. Chairman.
我希望你能把“不”变成“好的” 可以吗
I wish to turn your “noes” into “yeses”, huh?
但他们没去上学 对吧
But they’re not in school. Correct?
他们之中大部分人 付不起起学费
It is true that most of our children
这是事实
cannot afford school.
这是一个学校举办的比赛 不信你看
This is a school tournament. See?
参赛要求 学生
For schools.
我的卡推选手不能作为邀请嘉宾参赛吗
Cannot my Katwe players come as guest participants?
但是 参赛费用不能省
Yet, the fees.
每个小孩4000先令
It’s 4,000 shillings per child.
你的孩子们付得起吗
Your children could afford this?
应该不行
Likely not.
我明白了 -啊
I understand. -Ah.
抱歉让你白跑一趟了
Thank you for your efforts.
我也谢谢你向我承诺 如果我能筹集到孩子们的参赛费
And I thank you for committing to me that if I raise the money for their fees…
你就允许他们参加格兰姆斯杯
you will admit the Katwe children into the Father Grimes Tournament.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
卡滕德先生
Mr. Katende…
啊
Eesh!
教练
Coach!
接下来这场比赛的5千 -很好
The other 5,000. -Perfect.
快去把其他人叫来 快去
Go get the others! Go!
加油 教练 上啊
Yes! Go, Coach!
教练
Coach!
教练 加油 加油