你饿了吗
Are you hungry?

Ugh!
真臭
You smell!
这个女孩是谁
Who is that girl?
你是去猪圈里面打了滚吗
Have you been running in mud like a pig?
快走开 臭东西
Go away, smelly girl.
这个游戏不适合你
This is not your game.
放开我
Let go!
放开我 放开我
Let go! Let go!
下次小心点 不要怪我把你的
Next time I will tear that fat nose
鼻子拧下来
right off your head!
还有谁想试试
Who else is brave?
我还是算了
Me, I’m not brave.
嘿 小战士
Hey! A fighter.
你叫什么 -菲欧娜
What is your name? -Phiona.
欢迎你
Welcome.
这个地方就是为战士们准备的
This is a place for fighters.
菲欧娜
Phiona.
那昨天剩下的烂的给我就行
I will take these rotten ones from yesterday…
但是你应该免费给我的
but you should be giving them to me for free.
如果你免费给我点东西
I’ll give you something for free
我就把这个免费给你
when you give me something for free.
拿着
Here.
免费的
No charge.
阿卜杜勒 你去跟卢温达下
Abdul, go and play Ruwenda.
克洛丽亚 麻烦你教教菲欧娜
Gloria, would you please show Phiona
应该怎么玩
how to move the pieces.

Mmm…
不能那么自私
We must be merciful to the wicked.
好么
Hmm?
这是小兵
This is little man.
他的坐骑坏了
His boda is broken,
所以只能一步一步向前进
so he can only bump into things.
跳 跳 跳
Beep, beep, beep.
这是皇后
This is the queen.
她是所有棋子中最厉害的
She is the most powerful of all the pieces.
他们碰到会怎么样
What do they all do?
互相残杀
They kill each other.
就像这样 他死了
See, dead.
这是国王
This is the president.
如果你的国王被困住了 没办法逃出来
If your president is trapped, nowhere to go…
你就说 将军
you say, checkmate.
将军
Checkmate.
现在你可以走开了 我不喜欢你身上的味道
Now, go away. I don’t like your bad smell.
嘿 菲欧娜 最近还好吗
Hey, Phiona! How is your life?
还不错
It is fine.
开始祈祷吧
上帝啊 请保佑您赐予我们的食物 阿们
Oh, Lord, bless the food we are going to eat. Amen.
阿们
Amen.
妈妈 我吃饱了
Mom, I’m satisfied.
我的这份给你 妈妈
You have my share, Mom.
我也饱了 妈妈
I’m satisfied, Mom.
你们吃过了
You have eaten.
在哪里吃的
How?

Hmm…
你们最好没偷吃玉米
You better not be eating the maize.
快看 火越烧越旺了
太好了 我打败你了
Yes! Yes, I beat you.
啊哈 臭臭猪洗过澡了
Aha! The pig has had a bath.
约瑟夫 小心她又揍你
Joseph, you’re playing with fire.
闭嘴 班杰明
Quiet, Benjamin.
教练
Coach.
教练称这个为“行进”
Coach calls it promoting.
但我更喜欢叫它“皇后进阶”
But I call it queening.
因为当你在棋盘上一格一格
When you scoot little man down the board…
将小兵向前移♥动♥
square by square…
等他到了最后一排
when he reaches the back rank…
就会变成
he becomes…
什么
Mmm?
皇后
…a queen.
在西洋棋中
In chess…
小人物也能翻身成为大人物
the small one can become the big one.
这就是我喜欢它的原因
That’s why I like it.

Hmm.
好好照顾理查
You take care of Richard.
我去找奈特
I’m going to find Night.
菲欧娜
Phiona!
菲欧娜 -嗯
Phiona! -Mmm?
奈特 -过来
Night. -Come.
奈特
Night?
妈妈刚刚出去找你
Mother just went to look for you.
给你
Here.
从哪儿来的
Where did you get this?
我早就告诉你了 西奥是个好人
I told you. Theo is kind hearted.
你不会真的要和他待在一起吧 奈特
You are not staying with him, are you, Night?
长大之后 这一天总会来的 再过几年 你也一样
Mother stayed with a man. In a few years, so shall you.
不 不 不 我不可能
No, no, no. Not me.
奈特
Night…
你觉得上帝真的会将不幸降临于我们吗
do you think God wants bad fortune for us?
你为什么这么说
Why would you say this?
因为自从爸爸和朱丽叶去世之后
Because since Papa and Juliet passed away…
我感觉上帝就对我们很生气
it seems he is angry with us.
我觉得不管他们有没有去世
I don’t think God cares about us,
上帝都不会在意我们的
one way or the other.
再见了 妹妹
Bye, my sister.
伊万 当你帮妈妈去打水时
Ivan, when you fetch water for your mother…
你是直接去
do you just go any time of the day?
还是会事先想一想
Or do you think a bit first?
我会想一想 -想什么
I think a bit. -About what?
早上的时候 打水的人很多
There are long lines for water in the morning,
所以我在去之前 会制定计划
so I plan when I will go.
啊 计划
Ah! A plan.
我也不能太晚才去
And I cannot arrive too late because
因为在回家的路上 可能会碰到劫匪
I could get robbed on the way home.
所以 我选择的方式是
So, on my way,
从山谷那边穿过去 这样可以节约时间
I cut through the valley to save time.
那万一要是下雨了呢
And what happens when the rain comes?
大水会从山顶倾涌而下
The waters come down the hill.
那你打算就这么被冲走
And do you get washed away?
不 我会爬进我的吊床里
No, I climb in my hammock.
吊床啊 好主意
Your hammock! Good plan.
在我们周围 威胁无处不在
Threats from many directions.
有劫匪
Robbers.
有生气的业主
Angry property owners.
洪水
Floods.
还有其他危险
And other dangers.
这个主教要如何才能活下来
How can this bishop survive?
教练 没办法了
Coach, no way.
别急着下结论
Eh, eh, eh. Look.
再好好看看
Look at it closely.
F3
F-3?
对 F3
Yes, F-3.
他去那边很安全
He is safe there.
没错 在这盘棋里
Yes. In today’s game…
主教在F3是安全的
bishop is safe on F-3.
当你们第一眼看到这种情形时
When you first looked at this position…
可能会认为这个主教死定了
perhaps you thought there was no safe haven for bishop.
但是 当你仔细观察
But, you looked closely.
分♥析♥眼前的威胁 制定相应的计划
You analyzed the threats. You made a plan.
这个主教就能化险为夷
And bishop found safety, eh?
动动脑子
Use your minds.